Piss off the wrong person your identity will be up for auction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dahksahna, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Goki-chan

Goki-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh collections. You guys only get the worst to deal with. Worked in billing for a bit and gotta say that after they hit a certain point for debt they cease to act like humans.

2. Dahksahna

Dahksahna Kah rahna Dahksahna hahla

Reading List:
    Link
    I have left that job last year it was just an errant thought, I don't really make a habit of retaining info, it was just a question that came up in a group and I just posted it hoping to get some answers, am going to college and my major is far from that industry as it can get, that job just stresses me out

3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek::blobpopcorn:
    I'm kinda amazed that there is a thread like this. You never know what will be on the internet.:blobneutral:

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    No one is going to buy info of a single person. It isn't worth their time. Most info is collected and exploited in bulk, unless you are a millionaire. I'll put it this way, in my company a few servers of ours were hacked and we had to look up what information was stolen. The answer was, none. Why? Because they didn't even bother, they found more benefit in using the server to mine crypto currency. It was a generic code and going out of their way to searching what could be on their server wasn't worth it.

Same thing here, no one cares about individual info, so you would have to sell the info in bulk with others. And the more info you release, the easier it is to trace back to you.

5. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unprofessional beyond words. I am speechless

6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, why would anyone piss me off, I can just take a knife and stab you to death.

Next time, use your brain.

Beltran and reanox like this.
  7. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I work a job which recently put me on a role directly handling our customers phones, attached documents come with details such as their name and address. If annoyed that is all I need to go on a bender and nobody would ever be able to link it back to me. I handle anywhere from 30-60 phones a day and can easily collect those details over the course of weeks only to be used long after I stop working where I do. If I was crazy I could also easily get a hold of additional details like the floorplan of their house, details on their work shifts and relationships with friends and family.

I don't because there is no point and nothing to be gained. If you are the kind of person to be swayed by having such details at your fingertips with the urge to exploit them, chances are your employers background checks and frequent sweeps and refreshers will make sure you don; end up in such a job with such power over the clients.

I technically have system access above my paygrade because someone above my paygrade was too lazy to prep my daily workload and just gave me equal powers so they could pass the work off to myself.

However, I do get what you mean about peoples attitudes. Often you will get treated like shit just because they know you can't see their face and they don't care to know anything about you. They would prefer submissive, subservient AI systems if they were advanced enough but since they aren't, they shit on people they think they are better than.

8. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    What if I'm a powerful CEO? I could piss you to death and you wouldn't be able to do anything 'bout it unless you're an MC.

Not that I'd go pissing people off for no reason at all

9. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's why I'm always polite to people. Well, not really. I'm just brought up well. But I also count on service people and government workers to be decent and abide by the law. But I know they're also just people and that worries me. I can't wait for robots to take over the world.

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    No, you can't. That's completely against every law that govern debt collection in the modern world. You as part of the collection agency can then be prosecuted for breach of trust. Even if it's stated that you will release that information online, you cannot, by law, release that information online. Even information about convicts carry a clause, "the data is only for information enquiry, it is not to be used in a manner that discriminates the convict from employment, public services or other human rights". The clause in your country may be slightly different, but they'd all say the same thing.

It is this kind of attitude that make people hate debt collectors. Debt collectors are generally rude, abusive, harassing and downright illegal. Don't do this. There are laws and regulations in place.

11. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm.... Doxxing a form of cyber bullying/crime which has garnered a lot of interest in the past decade.

People that have their stuff go to collection agencies, are either

A) Not the best people who can handle their finances (pressure)
    B) Caught in a bad situation and lost everything (Not by their own doing)
    C) Are a race of non-humans who seek to raise an army of lizardmen
    D) Are usually from the Middle to Lower Class of working individuals

12. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    it is a breach of contract and if found out will possibly get charged or go to jail?