Spoiler Professional Body Double(BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Cian-Chan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Cian-Chan

Cian-Chan Disappearing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This came out today.
    NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/professional-body-double/

Description from NU
    Zhou Xiang doesn’t know if the Heavens gave him a second chance at life because of their excessive consideration for him, or because they hadn’t had enough fun with him yet.

Or else, why would he be used, in film and in real life, in his previous life and this one, by Yan Mingxiu as the body double for the exact same person?

He didn’t know who was more pitiful, he himself, who can only ever be a body double, or Young Master Yan, who has no choice but to find a body double.

Tags: BL, HE, Angst, Rebirth, Show Business, Stuntman, Body Double, Drama <-- This came from the translator

It has the drama genre so I have hesitated reading it. Also, according to the translator, "it's all drama and no fluff" and that ML is scum.
    I ask for spoilers!
    Well, I will also read it after completing the other BL novels I had on my tabs.

alexfilia, Zhen_Qing, Blood A and 4 others like this.
  2. FFAx27

FFAx27 Seeking Enlightenment

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek: waiting for spoilers. Just read the 4 translated chapters and it seem really good so far.

3. Evelyn Guz

Evelyn Guz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happen, is he, the yan bitch become a himan being and not just trash? Mc will be happy?

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does Yan have to find a body double?

5. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    100% self cest kink :ROFLMAO:

White Head Ice Prince and kiara8 like this.
  6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I am reading such a tooth-decayingly sweet BL right now, that those angst stories can never interest me :3. Down with scum ML's. I'll only admit doting wife-slave ML's from now on~

Nadelyn, clear and wildthorn like this.
  7. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. kumquatsjingleheimer

kumquatsjingleheimer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the translator
    I initially wanted to MTL, but we get straight to a flashback, since we got the gist of it, I wanted to skip (skim beginning and end of the chapters). I’m looking at chapter 20 and I'm not sure if we're back to present time yet. Dumb me, my fault.
    Doesn't help they have the same name too lol

9. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The flashback ends around chapter 50 I think?
    Rough summary of flashback:
    ML is in love with Wang Yudong (his sister's boyfriend, MC is WYD's martial arts body double).
    ML and MC become sex friends (MC because ML's really pretty. ML because MC's back view looks really similar to WYD's, and he can trick himself into thinking he's with WYD).
    MC has always been a top, but because ML won't bottom, MC bottoms. When ML tops MC, he always does it from the back (so he can imagine he's topping WYD).
    They move in together but are purely bed companions and the agreement is that they won't interfere with each other's lives and are not allowed to two-time/see anyone else.
    They live happily together almost like married couple for a few months until the 2nd ML (Lan Xirong) comes back from America.
    LXR used to be very close to MC (MC helped him out a lot when he was a nobody), but when MC confessed to LXR that he was interested in him romantically, LXR acted like he had been wronged and treated MC really badly and they drifted apart.
    LXR's really famous now and he wants to reconcile with MC and become more than friends (because after living alone in America, he realises that only MC treated him well, even when he had nothing).
    MC gets dead drunk at an event and LXR takes him home. ML and LXR meet. ML gets really angry as he can tell that LXR is interested in MC.
    MC and ML have a fight over this because ML tells MC to stay away from LXR and that he's not allowed to meet LXR. MC doesn't want to get too close to LXR either (because of their awkward past) but he doesn't get why ML is so touchy especially since they agreed not to interfere in each other's personal lives.
    ML doesn't come home for a few days and because of this MC realises that he's fallen in love with ML.
    MC asks ML to come back home. ML does and MC confesses he likes him and asks if he's allowed to pursue him. ML agrees but says MC isn't allowed to see LXR or two-time. MC pampers ML heaps, and ML really likes being with MC and starts thinking that he doesn't mind being with MC forever.
    Meanwhile, WYD is having fights with the director of the movie which MC is being his body double in. MC gets dragged into their fight a few times.
    WYD's company wants WYD to star in that director's next movie, but the director hates him. The director eventually folds and it's decided that WYD will be the lead in his movie. MC is kind of forced into being WYD's body double again (even though he doesn't want to due to the horrible experience in the filming of the previous movie).
    WYD gets engaged with ML's sister. Because he wants to go on an engagement honeymoon with the sister, he tries to make them change the day of the conference of the movie even though the date had been decided for months. The director gets really pissed off and says that he'll get MC to be the lead instead.
    MC is torn and doesn't know what to do.
    On the night of WYD's engagement party ML comes home drunk, hugs MC and calls MC by WYD's name.
    MC realises that ML had been using MC as WYD's substitute all along.
    MC agrees to be the lead (he's offended WYD anyway so unless he takes this chance, there's no way he can stay in the entertainment circle anymore), he also wants to win against WYD over something (because as well as being oppressed all the time by WYD, he was even used as a body double by the person he loved).
    MC also tells ML to get out of his house and decides to not return until ML has left. A few days later ML starts causing trouble to MC's friend so MC is forced to go back home, and tells ML to move out of his house. While they're arguing, WYD rings and tells ML to detain MC so MC can't attend the conference for the movie, WYD's going to cut his honeymoon short so he can attend the conference.
    When ML finds out LXR is going to be in the movie as well, he immediately agrees because he doesn't want MC to act with LXR (now that their relationship has broken apart, he knows that LXR will take the opportunity to swoop in and steal MC).
    ML ties MC up and confines MC in the house for three days so MC misses the conference. He promises MC that he'll get him even better opportunities and will arrange a director and script that is suited for MC and can make MC famous. ML is from a very rich and powerful family - the only reason WYD can throw his weight around is because he's going to marry ML's sister. ML tells MC to stay with him and continue the relationship they had.
    On the day ML lets MC out, ML takes MC to see a director. While they're waiting for the director to come, MC says that he needs to go to the toilet, ML agrees because MC had been acting really obedient.
    MC takes the chance to escape - this is the last time ML sees MC in his original body.
    MC's friend helps arrange MC a job in a documentary in the mountains so MC can get away.
    In the last spot where there's still a phone signal, MC gets a call from ML who has been tapping his phone. They talk, and when ML is about to confess that he's actually fallen in love with MC, MC's battery runs out.
    MC goes deeper into the mountains with the crew, and there's a really bad storm at night with landslides and everything. MC gets separated from the rest of the crew, it's really dark and he can't see. He panics and starts running around and accidentally runs off a cliff.
    --End of Flashback--

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @KazeYuki what do you mean by “this is the last time ML sees MC in his original body”?

11. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, worded it strangely. I meant the last time ML sees MC before MC dies is when MC is walking off to the toilet.

Blood A likes this.
  12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what? Is this a rebirth story?

13. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's in the tags in the first post. The story starts off with MC waking up in someone else's body who has the exact same name as him. Flashback to 3 years ago for 40+ chapters, and then continues where it left off.

In his first life, ML uses him as a substitute for WYD. In his new life, ML uses MC (in new body) as a substitute for MC (except MC thinks that ML is using him as a substitute for WYD again)

14. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I learned two things about this ML:
    1. He doesn't learn from his mistakes.
    2. Love means less than sex to him.

Gotta have that sex, even if it's with a substitute. At least have the guts to move on and start anew with a new lover. What's with this substitute bullshit. I'm definitely skipping this one. Can't stand stupidity.

15. Cian-Chan

Cian-Chan Disappearing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I don't want to read it more and more. Wish that the novel at least have some sweet or fluffy moments. Is there even a happy moment in there? I mean ML is a scum so I can't imagine it having sweet moments. And is there a supporting lead that those people who had read that should be worthier for MC. Why did he even end up with the scum ML? What did ML do? I feel like this is the same kind of Stockholm syndrome but with a different name(dunno what it is)

Ice_Rose and Ray Levantret like this.
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah. Sorry. All I remember from the first post is that MC is a substitute

17. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, obsession can do that

midnight reader likes this.
  18. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it all boils down to time and timing. While 2 years has passed in the real world, nearly no time has passed for the MC since he wakes up immediately after he dies. He still hasn't had time to get over ML yet so he's still in love with him.
    Even though MC wants to start a new life and forget about ML, his circumstances won't allow it. He has a lot of debt from his hospital fees and the mother of his body has stomach cancer (or something like that).

MC enters the entertainment industry in his new life as well because it's the only job he knows how to do (doesn't require qualifications) and can earn more money than other jobs.
    Unfortunately, ML has joined the entertainment circle as well so they keep coming across each other. Eventually, ML coerces MC into a relationship with him, MC agrees because he needs the money to pay off the debts and for his mum's treatments. In this relationship, MC thoughts towards ML is more pity and mocking because he thinks ML is still in love with his own brother-in-law, WYD.

After ML finds out that MC is the MC, he starts pursuing MC using the same methods MC used to try to pursue him - doing stuff for him, making them wear couple outfits etc. When WYD is trying to ruin MC, ML goes against WYD (and does something to him - can't remember the exact details).
    Because of that WYD and ML's sister tattle on him to his dad that ML's gay, and ML's dad locks him up at home and breaks his leg if I remember correctly.

Under ML's pursuit, MC eventually caves in and they end up together. (MC was still in love with ML anyway and liked ML even knowing that ML had a bad personality -it was knowing that he was just a substitute that hit his bottom line, they were living very happily together before MC found out). -Not sure if this is considered a sort of Stockholm syndrome or not.

When they first meet ML is 20 years old, while MC is nearly thirty. LXR (2nd ML) is in his early twenties - not sure if he's worthier, though he is better than ML, but he never gets a chance because MC is convinced that LXR's just confused because MC was the only person who was nice to him before he became famous.

To list the bad things ML did:
    -Using MC as a substitute for WYD
    -Tying MC up so he can't attend the conference
    (Above two ultimately resulted in MC's death)
    -Using MC as a substitute for original MC

The author is the same author as Beloved Enemy (https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/beloved-enemy-bl.49136/) - I think she has some thing for age gaps (older ukes), semes turning ukes (MCs of both Beloved Enemy, and this one were originally semes) and very jealous and scum MLs.

komo komo, clear, soie_yoie and 11 others like this.
  19. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the dad eventually accept their relationship
    Did mc rescue ml from being in house arrest

20. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    ML goes on a hunger strike at home. Dad won't fold. MC gets called by ML's mum in to get ML to eat. Stuff happens (can't remember)
    Eventually ML's grandpa comes (he's some big shot official), and tells them all off, especially the dad, and forces dad to free ML. Grandpa doesn't really care, he tells the dad to not interfere for the young people's lives, it's just a phase and ML will get over it eventually.
    So, the dad never accepts their relationship.
    The mum does though - she likes watching young handsome idols - MC's new body is handsome, and she becomes a fan of him.

komo komo, JoshyM62, clear and 15 others like this.