Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't there an obvious answer lying in this fanvideo to one of the most nagging of our questions: when did Lan Zhan fall in love with Wei Ying?
    The ending dialogue, also the ending lines of the novel: doesn't it state that Lan Zhan hadn't been able to look away ever since his first chance meeting with Wei at GuSu?

chiino, setsuna3025, nejvi and 3 others like this.
  2. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right it's one of my favs too. The first fan video I watched inquiry.:cry: that's another fav of mine along with a lot more.:blobsweat:

setsuna3025, LoveManga, nejvi and 3 others like this.
  3. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    En! See just as my belief! He fell in love at the first meeting!
    And about Inquiry mv, i literally cried. Not just shed tears, like CRIED, gasping and all, the entire video. Can you believe? Maybe you can, same might have happened to you. It was one of my first gdc mvs. I was so touched by Lan Wangji. I also really like "Asking the Zither" the anime ed for Lan Wangji's feelings, :cry::cry::cry:. I dunno why i torture myself like this, but its so beautiful ...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  4. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt all the same about Inquiry. There are two versions of eng sub for it. They r slightly different in meaning. But both r equally beautiful. Lan WangJi, I just CRIED for him. And also the "unspeakable yearning" song. It was just too painful to watch and to listen to.

chiino, setsuna3025, nejvi and 3 others like this.
  5. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Yess, his line towards the end can make anyone's heartthrob :blobnosebleed:

However, I'm not much of a believer for the Love at first sight phenomena both in reality & in fiction. I see WangXian's love story as more of a progressive kind of thing. I think Wangji was more curious, bewildered, annoyed at Wei during their first meeting than it being love. The more one is curious about something the more they are inclined to direct their thoughts and attention towards it, whether one is aware of it or not, and for Wangji at first, it started off like that.

But we won't ever get to know Wangji's perspective of it all so we can only come up with theories :blobsob:
    So, maybe it was indeed love at first sight for the two :cookie:

6. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    The way u put it seems so accurate. I'll just add my thoughts.
    Yes, at first it must be curiosity and bewilderment on WangJi's part and fascination and curiosity at Wei's part. But the more WangJi knows about Wei the more he is drawn towards him.
    All chance meetings do not blossom into love. Some do. And which ones? Where the two people involved are bonded together already in some intangible way.
    There's a hint at it in the novel and I'll explain it on a later ocassion....

chiino, LoveManga, Nyann and 4 others like this.
  7. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    This makes me really think about the concept of love seriously. I don't believe at Love at first sight but I do believe in the concept of the inevitable, which is kind of contradicting. There are some things in life that are meant to be or are supposed to happen that cannot be controlled. But I like to believe the decisions we make prior or after those inevitable events are ours to make, ours to decide and when deciding on it I also believe there to be consequences/payments for said decision. Sort of like, if you want/need/do something one must pay the equal price for it I guess?

If I were to put this belief into the novel, I guess, one could look at all these tragedies as a price for the decisions made. Although, that much is already obvious :blobsweat_2:

Hahaha, excuse me guys, I'm just rambling on with what's occupying my mind at the moment. This is what I get for watching Violet Evergarden :blobsob:

8. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Another fancomic. Um... Lol i hope it wasn't already posted.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fufu i too like Yiling Patriach's hairstyle ^^

9. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Wangji, please, stop, even though it was directed at Wei you shook my heart for an instant there! :sweating_profusely: Dangerous~ So Dangerous~
    Wangji going into full-on protection mode there for YiLing Laozu, understandably so

10. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my thought in this matter and also the hint in the novel I referred to.
    It has been mentioned by the writer herself that the MC and ML here are fated for each other. But wat makes it obvious in the novel, though?
    Chapter 18. WangJi and Wei fight. Wei hurls himself outside GuSu's walls taking WangJi with him. The first time they touch each other. We'll never know how WangJi felt but Wei says that he didn't seem to be in a good mood. We can guess that his mind was in a turmoil though.
    WangJi punishes Wei for repeatedly breaking rules. And shares same punishment. We hear that he took fifty strikes more. Why? 'Cause this was the beginning of his "sharing the consequences of his actions-right or wrong.
    WangJi touching Wei at the cold spring and Wei's reaction. The feeling of warmth passing from WangJi's body to him. This is the intended sign that they are far more close than what they know at the moment. This is a well known sign of identifying fated acquaintance and i hope some of us here have known this personally, too.
    Of course, these are my thoughts and I won't have a chance to confirm it unless I get a chance to talk to the writer, which I doubt I'll ever have!

Rcyan, Nyann, chiino and 5 others like this.
  11. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    En. I too dont believe in love at first "sight". I dont think they were like "wow... he hot!" when they saw each other. They didn't fall in love out of the blue. But still, it was you know the SPARK that started everything. No matter what, i believe their first meeting was indeed phenomenal and special.
    There are some meetings from which ypu cannot predict, say, *cough lemme take a most common example *cough... Ron and Hermione, or Percy and Annabeth (my one time crazy ship, seriously i was as crazy as i am now) i didn't feel anything extraordinary at their first meeting.

12. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol but admit it, Wei Ying would love that. (Cough me too) But not permanently ofc... Lan Wangji you cant be so selfish poor juniors and others will be waiting for him.
    Edit: what did i say again? "selfish" *slaps herself. :blob_coughblood: Wtf! How can i use such a word for such a saintly selfless person as him...

13. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mention Violet, my heart is already in pieces due to some novel. :blobcry:

Lock him up, take pictures and post it! :blobpeek:

chiino, setsuna3025, Fiorisi and 3 others like this.
  14. Endlessness

Endlessness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I'd like to ask if Su She is that GusuLan student who wants to hand over MianMian to Wen Chao and who 'accidentally' hit WWX when WWX is fighting?
    I apologize it was already asked before. Or please point me in the said post. :sweating_profusely:

15. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    Alert! Prepare to be blinded:blobmelt:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

+smexxxy
    [​IMG]

Rcyan, vrotki, Heroine and 10 others like this.
  16. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Lololol cant stop posting fancomics lol...
    [​IMG]
    LOL Lan Wangji say WHAT? ??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    One thing among many i love about lwj is when he says "mark your words (and be ready for my seme mode) " LMAO:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

17. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but i dunno know if he shot wwx purposefully or it just a dumb miss. (Either way what is he tryna prove?) Also, he is the one who went to compare with Lan Wangji and sent his sword into the Biling Lake suffering from waterborne abyss and never got it back... Fucking worthless piece of shit. I wish instead of 'leaving' Gusu Lan he was 'kicked out' of it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  18. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    My Weny Bear~ Isn't he the most precious & handsomest fierce corpse you've ever laid your eyes on? And, his mine ٩(♡ε♡)۶

chiino, Cypress, nejvi and 3 others like this.
  19. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me guys, I've an extremely insignificant and improper question. It's been implied that WangJi raised a whole bunch of rabbits from the two rabbits given to him by Wei. But as it's been already observed by him that these two were both male, then how's it even possible? (n)

ilsa_lund, chiino, LoveManga and 2 others like this.
  20. StarSaber

StarSaber <3 Everyday is Everyday.... secretly Wei Wuxian.

Reading List:
    Link
    Mpreg.

Fiorisi, chiino, dailytsukasa and 4 others like this.