Spoiler (BL)Welcome To The Nightmare Game

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shem, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Misaki Yata

Misaki Yata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I was like nope when I read that the third book started 7 YEARS after the 1st book, cause that’s gonna be so FRUSTRATING but lmao when u said about MC falling for ML in a female body XD XD omg this sounds hilarious!!!
    And does it take a long time for the MC and ML to get together?

Moondvst, kiara8 and Taida07 like this.
  2. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh keep the spoilers coming <3 .. So that wasn't ML who he met on the 3rd chapter okieee ;-;)/ I thought it's him xD

Taida07 likes this.
  3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Taida07 timeskip in a trilogy..unless they're those Immortals from Xianxia stories, they must be OLD by the third one...

Taida07 likes this.
  4. Taida07

Taida07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lolol, that's why I'm trying to look for the third book. And it started 7 years after the second book (then again, I could be wrong, I'll have to check the author's note at the end of book 2 again). And the characters are hilarious XDD
    Edit: I don't think it takes that long for them to get together...just depends on how you see it. I mean, QLR was devastated when he realized goddess-->god, and he constantly said he was straight as an arrow (but we all know that isn't true b/c BL, am I right?) So, it doesn't take that long, but it's not immediately after realizing ML is a guy.

Nope, wasn't ML, buuut the one QLR met in Chap 3 is actually
    My favourite in this book XD (Couldn't resist putting a spoilers tab up)

Crap...I should probably look for book 3 as soon as possible....You made my imagination run wild, and I don't like that!!! :blobsob:

5. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll make you work muhahahaha *whip*

Taida07 likes this.
  6. veihakase

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooohhh! Same! I also love him. I hope (and pray) he'll survive throughout the game.. and I first thought he's the shou xD and MC is gong xD

Taida07 likes this.
  7. Taida07

Reading List:
    Link
    *Crawls back on all fours with whip marks all over* *Pukes blood* I-I've worked hard, Your majesty, but I'm not happy with my results... T-T *pukes more blood* :blobdead:

Hahaha, I love him also :blobmelt: but the only thing I can say about him is he and MC have many cute moments throughout the story (as bffs), but I can't say anything more T-T I'm sorry! orz

Okay, @LaDyViL here's how everything went after making me work:
    Before I searched for Book 3, I went back to the author's note at the end of Book 2 because I didn't want to search for a Book 3 if there wasn't any. And I found several things.

There is a Book 3, so yay, I wasn't imagining things!!!
    My apologies, I accidentally misled you guys, Book 3 starts 3 YEARS after Book 2, NOT 7 YEARS (I was off by a 4 years) orz
    After reading the a/n, it took me an more than an hour this morning to search for anything, and I found something on the author's weibo: She just completed the online ver. of Book 2 on New Year's Eve, meaning she's still writing the online ver. of Book 3...T-T So depressed now...

So, that being the case, I'll be continuing on from my reply to @veihakase.
    I did say that MC and ML got together at a pretty normal pace, but seeing as I'm the one who read both books consecutively, and it'll take much longer for you guys if you read it from my translations (and since Book 3 isn't out yet), I'll go onto a bit more details for each book and not just both books at the same time.

Consider it like one of those high school dramas, where two boys fall in love but can't accept they're gay. Meaning, there's angst, funny moments, cute moments, and all. But imagine all this in a Nightmare Game where they have to survive and won't meet up all the time.
    Recap of everthing+etc. MC meets ML in Arc 2, by the end of Arc 2 (which is basically 1/4 when you read both books together, and at around 1/3ish of only Book 1), MC is suuuuper depressed about female goddess-->ML god and he can't accept it. ML also has some issues (won't say what, you guys can guess, but I still won't tell). Anyways, they don't get together immediately b/c they've got to survive first lol, and it would be really weird if our MC and ML got together right after when MC was still depressed and kept insisting he wasn't gay and when you also don't know much about our ML. Continuing on, there is some angst and comedy involved, in this book you see them falling in love and they admit it and UNOFFICIALLY get together (so at least you guys can relax about knowing this), but then something happens and BAM Book 2 is up

Couple OFFICIALLY get together and get married!!!
    (a big space of NG action right here)<-- then MC and ML officially become boyfriends and stick to each other all the time unlike in Book 1 where they weren't always together, super funny moments, really cute moments, etc. Later, they marry, then -->(Space of NG action and etc.) then BAM once again, Book 3 is up

Now from the a/n, you guys already know Book 3 is THREE YEARS (NOT SEVEN, I was mistaken, it's 7 minus 4 years, so 3 years!!!) after the end of Book 2.
    Book 3 is the OFFICIAL HE (though she did say all books were HE...) This book is basically our married duo kicking ass and all. But we'll probably have to wait a long while before getting it...:blobupset:

That's the end of the story. But now that Book 3 isn't out, I'm really depressed...Books 1 & 2 were really good imo (only thing was they still needed the next book for a finale). But the news I found this morning made me feel like MC after he found out ML was a guy... *cries in the corner then looks at my other danmei horror novels*

So, I'll definitely continue translating NG (maybe by the time I finish Book 1 or Book 2, Book 3 will be up and ready), but I will probably end up translating another one of my other favourite horror BL novels at the same time (meaning that NG updates might be pushed back to every other day or so) as a compensation for the unfinished endings of Books 1&2 (though I wasn't as disappointed b/c it was just too good), that way you guys won't be too disappointed when you read the end of Book 1 or 2 as you'll still have another completed horror novel to look at. Luckily, all of my other saved horror BL novels are completely finished (no sequel) and HE.

8. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    You've worked hard *spread lavender oil and start massaging* Now just relax and just imagine the horror of us hounding you for more releases.... Yes, it's gonna happen one day.

BTW does this mean there's a hardcopy/offline of Book 3 sold out there somewhere? If so, link me pls.

Taida07 and veihakase like this.
  9. Taida07

Reading List:
    Link
    *tenses up* *thinks "This must be the carrot and stick treatment"* *still sighs in relief*

Now, I'm doubting myself, I thought I did find the hardcopy of the series--It did say NG I, II and III, but now I'm thinking they split the first book into three parts (or that it's not NG)... On her weibo, author said she published (or maybe she was going to publish) Nightmare Game and the publishers wanted her to change some of the story because of some stuff, and she also has another spin-off (?) called "Egg game (彩蛋游戏)". But now, I'm thinking maybe the hardcopy I saw was "Egg Game" (it's also a trilogy), or that it was Book 1 split into three parts.

Here's the LINK to the author's weibo, in the second post (and some others), she talks about NG and all.

I'll be looking for the books I saw last time (have to search a whole bunch of those bidding/shopping sites), and I'll link you once I find the one that still sells the three books, but I'm really not sure if it's the entire series now...

Edit: I stand corrected, it is, in fact, the first book split into three parts, because they show that each book will be split into three parts... T-T Really sorry about that orz Here's the link if you still want it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  10. veihakase

Reading List:
    Link
    @Taida07 -san Will Dr. Lu live? I just really wanted to know so that I can ready my heart if it needs to. T.T pleeeeaaase.. pretty please ;o;]/ (I'm excited for Arc 2 hnnngh) xD

Taida07 likes this.
  11. Taida07

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, no need to prepare your heart in Book 1, he lives and continues to troll. In fact, Dr. Lu is in both books, and he's as cute as ever! Get attached! Get attached as much as possible! Just like I did!
    I'm really hesitant to say, but don't get toooooooo attached if your heart is really weak, b/c you've got Book 2 to think about but I won't to go into too many details T-T (And there's also Book 3 to think about...), but that's for the future XD
    Most of my favorite parts in Book 1 & 2 were b/c of Dr. Lu and his antics; he's honestly too cute and hilarious! Sometimes I wish Dr. Lu would be the MC, bc that's how adorable he is, but nah, QLR and NZ (ML name abbr.) are good as they are.:blobsmilehappyeyes:

12. veihakase

Reading List:
    Link
    T.T I'll hope in my heart that Dr. Lu would live throughout the novel. I love him since ch. 1 hahaha i can relate to him in the treated as highschool part xD

13. kitriwulan

kitriwulan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anybody help me? is the MC is shou? or is he gong?

i like read MC was shou, thats bc many of them is funny and have many misunderstanding (but funny too)

but I think to read it even if he not shou ( I read it already btw ) I'm just a bit curious~

Rangeles likes this.
  14. Mosstree

Mosstree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is the shou

15. Princess Sun

Princess Sun 『New Generation Sun Knight』 『Princess of Light』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my God.... So su he isn't the seme... And I went here hoping that su he would be the ML... Guess he's not... I'm too heart broken.. whoever that NZ is he better be better than su he or I will go on a strike!

16. byunnie

byunnie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait then who's su he ?

17. akihiki

akihiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end of ch 23, SH said he was going to tell his secret... Would a kind soul please share what his secret is?

18. chocolatechipcookie

chocolatechipcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The secret is already revealed, it was translated on chapter 24(like just recently) apparently SuHe was already a player before all of them but my question is...is SuHe the ML? some people are saying he's not but I really want him to hb the ML, I don't want to get my hopes up :<

akihiki likes this.
  19. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He really is not the ML but dont feel bad for him yet , he is still a very crucial character and not on oneof those with typical second MLs, (doubt if you will stll like him later). Dont worry the real ML is a very nice character,he is one of those naive MLs , who are unsociable yet very shy and devoted . When he and MC are in love they are like puppy love teenagers. MLnot belonging to any of these - overbearing , sly or black belly, puppy dog , blackened (as of yet ).

AnonymousWildAster and akihiki like this.
  20. catbitmytongue.98

catbitmytongue.98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finished book 1, mtl killed some of my brain cell hahahuhu. Surprisingly, this book reminds me of Earth is Online, another book I love.
    Question though, is book 3 already available?