Discussion Horrible xianxia world where heart demons are mental illnesses...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by AardwarkThe2nd, Nov 20, 2018.

?

What do I choose?

1. Daoism

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Buddhism

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. The Demons

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. The Imperial Kingdom

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Become a 'toy'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Awaken as a Transmigrator

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine, the you before the screen reading this post gets transmigrated into a cultivation world!

Normal ch. 1 bullshit... but then you find out there is no precise cultivation system but cultivation is possible. To cultivate, you need to understand 'Heart Demons'... and the Heart Demons are mental illnesses.

Daoist cultivators - Preferring secluded cultivation, the more they cultivate, the more they get indifferent... but most Daoists aren't badass emotionless killers, they meditate on the world and the state of the world... while under seclusion away from the world. Basically, most Daoists become depressed hikikomoris.

Buddhist cultivators - Basically Buddhism is really a sect of pacifists, and they really believe in 'no-killing'. Pacifism is hard in such a fucked up world, so there are a set of Buddhist battle skills. Most of these battle skills are freely distributed in temples, so most cultivators come and take a look, leave some alms and have no thoughts about attacking these pushovers. But Buddhist battle skills have a serious problem - if you kill while using them, you get thoughts. Thoughts of how the world is totally fucked up, how killing is wrong and how you should totally give up killing and join a monastery. Slowly but surely, everything you love and enjoy is corroded by your negative thoughts... basically giving you a existential crisis.

Demon cultivators - These guys enjoy killing, being a badass and killing other people... and are sociopathic psychos/ badass slaughter gods. But killing depressed hikikomoris and pushover pacifists is a terrible game. So they have basically a anarchical regime, they enjoy picking on the military forces and having inter-civil wars. They don't really attack defenseless villagers, Daoists or Buddhists... but push them a little too far and you'll have a 'Nine Generational Familial Extermination' before you can say 'No!'.

White Lotus Cult - Once a woman joined the Dao and got depression, joined the Demons to get the stress off by killing... while using Buddhist skills. So he got the triple dose of becoming depressed, psychotic plus an existential crisis! She got fucking crazy but she also got fucking OP! Like this, she decided that the world had failed her and established the White Lotus Cult. The sect is all-female. Somehow, they also established the practice of dual cultivation as well sometime.
    The current White Lotus cult are the worst, the fucking worst, the craziest bunch of psychos you can find. For eg. Sect Master establishes her power by raping all life in a city to death.

Imperial cultivators - The soldiers under the commanders are badass, commanders under generals are more badass... and the head of the military, the Ruler is the Ruler of badasses. The Ruler is most likely the strongest person in the world... but he isn't benevolent at all. He is a tyrant and wants to subdue all other kingdoms and pacify the demon cultivators like the Daoists and Buddhists (he won't fuck with White Lotus Cult tho). The Princes and Princesses are cut-throat in their competition for succeeding and don't mind shedding a little familial blood. Basically everyone has a little bit of control-freak in their blood.

Transmigrators - They can become existences mightier than all life in the world. All they have to do is swear a oath to Heaven, 'to leave behind their pasts and take on the karma of their presents'. So, they get disassociative identity disorder as a disaster and limitless talent as a gift. They can also eat souls to gain their owner's memories which makes them more talented, more OP and give them worsening multiple personality disorder.

This amazingly concise explanation was given by the original body's friendly little female friend who is also White Lotus Cult fanatic... who tells you that she can 'take you as a toy and cultivate you well'.
    Which path should you take to become good enough to survive the crazy world?

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like I'm already a daoist cultivator. So I'll choose this one because I already have experience in it.

3. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    A true blue Daoist to the core :blobexpressionless:

4. WearyRain

WearyRain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Daoist Cultivator... leave me to my loneliness XD

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it
    Heart demons are prevalent in most Asian media due to polytheism culture.
    It is just a cool way of saying empathy or committing sin and getting struck by thunder haha

6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    That depends on what type of toy i will be, sending in my CV as a "sex toy"

7. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's stopping Buddhist cultivators from just crippling people's cultivation and walking off? That way, you can cultivate without going totally insane AND still have a social life with your friendly neighborhood "pacifist" cultivators. Just don't kill anyone and you're cool. There might even be a loophole where you could use something the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique to get around the no killing rule.

That said, hard pass on everything. I choose to start a vegetable stall at the local market. As a side hustle, I will sell popcorn and eventually build some bleachers. That way I get a firsthand view of all the sweet xianxia fights but am too low profile to actually die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.