Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What u thought about Lan WangJi was just what I thought back then...If only he stayed close to Wei...

setsuna3025, nejvi, chiino and 2 others like this.
  2. Mingyun

Mingyun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! Thank you SO MUCH! I've been excitedly (and patiently) waiting for this!! Thank you for your hard work in getting this done! It's very much appreciated.

Now for thoughts:

Poor Xiao XingChen, Song Lan and A-Qing. Ngl, I cried. I hope one day they can all live happily together again.

Honestly though, I do feel a bit of sympathy for Xue Yang. Not everyone can handle a horrible upbringing. There's no excuse for his behavior but it's sad that in his arrogance and insanity he ended up taking out his rage on others. I think that had his youth been different he wouldn't have gone on to do such things. I don't think he was born inherently evil, just maybe not as morally sound as most people. I think he wanted peace and happiness just like everyone else (even if it was at the expense of everyone else). His psyche simply became twisted along the way. It makes a lot of sense that he and JGY ended up gravitating towards one another. Kindred souls.

I really believe that had XY not been found out, he would have gone on living with Xiao XingChen and A-Qing for years to come. He may not have started out with that intention but he probably didn't expect to enjoy the domestic happiness they created- the little family he'd never had- as much as he did. He was committing horrible crimes during that time and deceiving XXC into committing murder but I feel like he had a purpose beyond just revenge for that. If he could make XXC as filthy as he himself was... then XXC would have no choice but to stay with him- at least in XY's mind. And if Song Lan was gone then there would be no one to steal XXC away. A-Qing didn't matter to him, she was simply something to be tolerated in order to keep XXC happy. She was just collateral.

Mind you, none of this makes me want him to survive. He deserves whatever punishment is coming to him. He just seems incredibly pitiful to me.

Moving on...

The scene with Jin Ling and Lan SiZhui... Poor Jin Ling. I feel such sadness for him. Such a loss he's suffered. Makes me think that if it hadn't been for the love he'd been shown by his uncles (ironic that JGY turned out to be a somewhat loving uncle) and the wealth he'd been raised in the lap of, he could have easily turned out just as bitter, angry and evil as XY and JGY. Of course, the same holds true for Lan SiZhui...

It was also looooovely to hear Wen Ning's beautiful voice! Uuuugh, he's so lovable and perfect!!! (Now THERE is someone who deserves all the happiness in the world!) But of course the best part of the whole thing....

"Lan Er GeGe..."
    :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

THAT VOOOOOICE....

And now we're left hungrily (and patiently!) waiting for the NEXT BEST AUDIO DRAMA EVER KFKDJAKL!!! This is gonna be soooooo good.

(I can't ever write tiny posts. lol sorry for the tl;dr)

Sandu, zeromint, Aeli and 7 others like this.
  4. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Heroine, setsuna3025, chiino and 4 others like this.
  5. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got sooo giddy at that part. :aww::aww:

Also, WWX counting down to when LWJ passes out. It was funny, and awesome, because I could understand the numbers after learning them a few weeks ago. lol

8 seconds. It takes Lan Zhan 8 seconds to pass out after drinking. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

6. thecrud

thecrud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    reading MDZS is actually a bit frustrating since the author did not intend to explain some of the plot hole that didn't actually effect the story but still, it's something worth mentioning to understand the whole story. though MXTX might want us to use our own imagination to interpret it but still, we dunno what she was thinking when she made it like that. like for example, WWX state after he was thrown in Burial Mound, who actually WWX parents....ahhhh...this story is really...

Nyann, setsuna3025, chiino and 2 others like this.
  7. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
  8. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Going through latest posts it really occurred to me that the author has somewhat kept us in the dark about why the two righteous / upright people like NMJ and LXC joined hands with JGS at the secret meeting at Nightless City. MXTX has given some subtle hints but it's not explicitly told anywhere. Any views/spoilers here?

9. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I could gather, from the top of my head, I had assumed when the Wen siblings handed themselves in, all 4 sects were present. Like it was done in a similar fashion as to when they made that emergency meeting of when Wei killed off those guards. I initially thought Weny bear lost control cuz either, he was far from Wei, or he could sense his Master's negative emotions affecting him, or he basically just lost control of himself in that moment.

However, I forgot about Xue Yang's needles. I thought the needle thing came after the Wen siblings trial but, @Cypress just gave me an idea, what if the needles were placed beforehand? Usually, when people hand themselves in, they get separated from their teams. Each put in a different cell or maybe a different room. So it wouldn't be a farfetched idea to theorise that maybe when the Wen Siblings handed themselves in, Wen Qing and Wen Ning were kept away from each other in different cells where Xue Yang could easily put his needles in.

Xue Yang had stated controlling Wen Ning completely was impossible no matter how much needles he placed inside of him. Wen Ning is only loyal to Wei. But, it doesn't change the fact, his needles were able to block out Wen Ning's mentality/rationality, turning him into a doll, unlike the intelligent fierce corpse he was meant to be. Xue Yang could've placed a few needles in, which caused Wen Ning to slightly lose control of himself during their trial in front of the 4 sects to go on a mini rampage, killing/injuring off the Lan disciples. It was only after that Wen Qing was burned & Wen Ning was "faked burned" but actually got thrown into some cave somewhere to be experimented on.

10. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    First, I'll quote this part from the novel (Chapter 43):
    ---------
    Wei WuXian, “Do you still remember the things that happened when the nails were in your head?”

Wen Ning, “Some… but not all.”

Wei WuXian, “What do you remember?”

Wen Ning, “That I’d been chained in a really dark place. I think people sometimes came to check on me.”

Wei WuXian, “Do you remember who they were?”

Wen Ning, “No, only that somebody nailed something into my head.”
    ---------
    I think this may throw some light as to when the nails were inserted into his head.
    There's also the part in Chapter 89 where WN says 'sorry' to LWJ where he thanks him for speaking in favour of them at Koi Tower and says that he later on lost control. So I think he was conscious back then. (As for the meaning of this part I just tried almost all the translators I could lay my hand on and it can still be wrong!)
    Now I leave this to u to form ur opinion...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  11. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the novel describe the nails as thick? If so, we could also theorise that the nails Xue Yang used at that point in time where experimental ones. For example, XY tried out with simple thin needles but continued to strengthen them as none didn't work on Weny Bear which led to the current needles implanted in his head until Wei took it out.

The needles implanted in his head during the Wen Siblings handing over trial would not have made him lose consciousness but just made him agitated? or affected his negative energy in some way causing him to lose control for a short time? I could be easily overthinking this :blobsweat_2: I dont know why, but a part of me, can't seem to accept the fact Weny Bear would lose himself so easily like that unless it had something to do with Wei, or some outside force had a play with it. My Weny Bear is innocent in my eyes :blobsob::aww:

This is off topic but guys, it's Jin Ling's b'day tomorrow!!! 21 Nov!! It's Mistress Jin's b'day!!! :blobparty:

12. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand ur concern. To speak truth, I myself never accepted that WWX or WN could kill on their own.
    But the incidents are described in such a confusing way! I've come to think that there might have been quite a scene at Koi Tower when WN siblings came to hand themselves over. Or how would WN know that LWJ spoke for them? He might have frustrated over the fact that no one was ready to listen to anything in their favour and that they actually had zero chance of redeeming WWX by handing themselves over.
    Sorry, I may have been over-theorizing, but this part really intrigues me. It seems I can see WN at that time through empathy where he thinks " I'll go down, but I'll be taking you with me!"

13. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    WN's rampage at Koi Tower can easily be described as the straw that broke the horse's back. The chain of event that had been slowly building up, culminated in WN killing innocent people from the two sects which may have been otherwise lenient towards WWX, and set in motion the wheel of Fate which took all of them through Hell. I believe that both WWX and WN took the decision of "putting a last fight before going down" consciously and for this they stand, not as diabolic villains but as truly tragic heros.

14. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    This is actually quite interesting for me too, I think this is plausible, because we already know why both Wen Qing and Wen Ning decided to surrender themselves, so they can save Weiying. And you know how those "righteous -.-" cultivators doesn't really listen to reason at all, they all already villanize Weiying so therefore, he must be eliminated, and personally, I could also see Wen Ning being frustrated about all this as well, and I think it's an interesting theory you have there.

For me, really, I don't think the needles was the caused to Wen Ning's rampage, because if this was put into Wen Ning before hand, privately, then at that moment when the needles was placed into him, he would have shown some reaction, yeah, privately, since they were putting the needles into his head privately, if it's him going on a rampage, then it will be privately, so that wouldn't make any sense. Nor would doing this publicly, because everyone would know what's happening. And we have also been told, as this is in canon, no matter how many needles Xue Yang put into Wen Ning, he still refuses to listen, and I always love that about Wen Ning, because his loyalty is with Weiying, and only Weiying <3 So this is why, I dismiss the needle as the cause to Wen Ning's rampage into killing / injuring the other Gusu Lan disciples, since the timing wouldn't really fit into the order of the scenes for me.

If the needles can really make Wen Ning go on a rampage, where he refuses to listen, why didn't Wen Ning just break out of the cell himself?

15. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely right! And I can't see WN as a mere killing machine who would go killing indiscriminately just because someone controlled him(even if a little bit).

LoveManga, nejvi and Sauling like this.
  16. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah definitely! I can't too, that's why the needle didn't sit right with me, and Xue Yang will never said Wen Ning refuses to listen to him if he have succeeded in controlling him even if it's just a little while, if that makes sense. If he said Wen Ning refuses then this just simply means, there's not even one time where Wen Ning listens to Xue Yang's command at all, no matter how many needles he put into him (and honestly when this was revealed, it really made me Love Wen Ning all the more since he's so loyal and refuses to be control by anyone. His master is only Wei Ying, and that's that).

17. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanart, not fancomic. Somehow this pic brought tears to me. But rest assured, its nothing sad, just so happy it brings tears.
    [​IMG]
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:You two are just so precious!

18. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    *Cough dont mind me returning from my angry mode to spamming with fanart mode*
    (tch... Maybe this will be considered as double posting...)
    Ok. Han-guang-jun pun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lol ikr Jiang Cheng... But He is just so cute i cant resist buying if he's the sponsor
    Edit: 100% Gusu? Erm... Then it must be extremely bitter (refering to wwx's description of cloud recess food ofc) but then again, we have ice cream there... ANYWAY! AWW WEI YING. .. I wanna buy but why dont you have a sip yourself? Get a taste of your hubby (lol but u do that eveeyday lol)
    Ughh this is unrelated to the previous one but i dont want to triple post lol.
    Mpreg.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cough* Him?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hehe one more, based on Yunmeng date
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another one, aww Jin Ling looks like he just got his chastity tainted.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. AngryEggplant

AngryEggplant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just discovered this forum (tragic!) and thought I’d say hello! I doubt I will go through...* squints * 585 pages of discourse, however, the wait between translated chapters is just long enough I might (that being said, I’m so grateful to translators so I can read these glorious MXTX novels). :blob_sunglasses: Oh yes, and chapter 78 killed me, especially the detail of where Jiang Cheng was specifically when tragedy struck. (Are things done being spoilers as soon as the chapter is translated? I should probably read rules :blob_zipper_mouth:). Last thing, I am an emoji abuser, though I will try to rein it in, I apologize in advance. :blobsweat:
    Nice to meet y’all and glad to be here! :blobsmilehappy:

20. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome, glad you can join us. :)

You can definitely attempt to read all 585 pages, however, I could not even read 200 and something pages when I discovered this forum, I was so overwhelmed. I abandoned the forum, but then came back and discovered @Fiorisi's great spoiler directory post. It's the best, link below.

Yep spoilers are done being spoilers once the translation is available, however, we still discuss everything with unimaginable zeal!!!! ;)

Ummm you are certainly not alone being an emoji abuser. We don't mind in the least! You may have competition for that title though! :LOL:

Directory Post