Advice on a fluffy yuri novel

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Lucilius, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Lucilius

Lucilius Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's what I'm going for after all considering a one shot with the length of 5k to 10k+ is enough for that.

2. Up-chan

Up-chan ★Anti-Bullying Brigade★

Reading List:
    Link
    Forbidden romance is always exciting (when it doesn't hurt anyone else)! My advice would be to create a setting where the romance is secretive, and that there are background characters that are unaware of the relationship. Also, don't make it so that they both like each at the very start. There should be a chase somewhere in there! The yuris that are boring to read is if it is already normal for there to be yuri relationship in the setting.

Lucilius likes this.
  3. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Do character introduction bit by bit in the story first as both girl steadily unravel each other character, behavior, and past. You can easily make it funny with bokke or clown and tsukkomi or straight man role. Alternate perhaps each to their strength and weakness.

Lucilius likes this.
  4. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh... somehow i was quite disappointed. I thought it was yuri but in the end it's just yaoi/normal romance.
    Wow, just from one post, i began to have lots of respect for you. I totally agree with your suggestion (and the rest) and somehow can't help but think me too i could have suggested that (with how easy it was).
    Somehow i can't really agree with finding it boring because i can't remember any yuri stuff where the girls were already together. Also isn't it better because it can directly skip/go to the sex scene ?
    Have you finished reading the one-shots on Yuri Garden ? What did you think of them?

Lucilius and Moonpearl like this.
  5. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, we don't have many yuri pairings, and we don't have any with the fluffy unrequited-to-requited love route (yet). It's a problem that we're still working hard to fix.

6. Lucilius

Lucilius Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure. I might have to check. I read a lot but don't remember much. So there's a chance I have and simply forgot.