Spoiler 《BL》 Escape the Infinite Chamber

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Jan 27, 2018.

1. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NOOOO
    i liked him as he is/was :cry:

2. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    Best.curse.ever!
    Lol

3. finily

finily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone is still interested in spoilers I MTLed the whole thing and can probably explain the whole plot. But I’m kind of lazy to summarize the whole thing, but if you have specific questions I can answer them.

I’ll be posting a review on the main page soon and maybe after reading it, I hope you all can be convinced to read it! I think it’s worth to read it all

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    myling likes this.
  4. finily

finily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    l feel like I need to clarify a few things

No, Feng Yu Lan isn’t miserable because of the MC but because he has go through escaping the Chambers even though he is super physically weak and really unfit to handle the strain of escaping well unless he depends on someone else to help him.

Yes, Feng Yu Lan is a sad dude that does not get to pick his lover/ML but...
    Actually they met in the past and Feng Yu Lan picked him first before Duan Li became all evil

Feng Yu isn’t cursed by his future gong to go crazy rather
    that’s his alter ego. It’s more like the repressed side of him that’s a lot meaner, I like to think of it more as a living shadow or another personality. His personality it still the same actually. He just has an “living” alter ego that can help guide him with his spells and figure out how to get out of situations

His suffering is having to deal with the Chambers in general, but it could be also referring to the fact that he
    ”dies” pretty quickly. He first “dies” on the first escape room he tackles with the MC of cold and drowning right before the exit. Then he “dies”/put into a near death state by the serial killer (Duan Li). Then on top of all that, the serial killer falls in love with him and decides to bind their lives together so that if he (Duan Li) dies then Feng Yu Lan is forced to die with him. This effectively also prevents the MC and Feng Yu Lan from killing him unless they want Feng Yu Lan to die too
    Feng Yu Lan is also the first “murder victim” in the train escape room they have to solve and I think his alter ego (I’m guessing based on their personalities) also gets murdered later on (silt right through the throat, ouch) in the murder mystery. He also gets gravely injuried right before fighting the big bad. Basically, he’s killed/almost killed a lot throughout the whole story. Poor best friend. QAQ

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  5. finily

finily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d like to add on more although it’s already been kinda explained in the current translated chapters by now. The snake symbol isn’t just any snake symbol but Ouroboros! Some explanation:
    The Ouroboros is one of biggest symbolisms in the book and sets the theme of the book. It is also one of its biggest spoilers.

Okay I’m sorry for rambling so much, usually I don’t analyze too much but the mystery genre was asking for it

6. byunnie

byunnie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can you please spoil on the relationship between the ml and the mc later on ? if he ever speaks ? does he ever break out from the chambers control etc? thank you

7. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just binged the crap out of this novel, and despite some tropes not being my thing, overall I love it!!

To facilitate discussion, I'll give a general outline of the plot first.

The first half of the novel is Luo Jian and Feng Yu Lan learning more and more about the world of the Chamber. This climaxes in a long "team battle" chamber sequence at the halfway point of the novel.
    After this "team battle" chamber sequence, the full horror of the Chamber System is revealed to Luo Jian and co.

The second half of the novel is Luo Jian desperately trying to destroy the System.
    Basically, Luo Jian is forced to leave his friends behind in one of the endlessly repeating chambers. Working mostly solo, he powers up and gains one chance--just one chance--to go back in time and set everything in motion to destroy the System. (He participates in many of the characters' backstory events! ex: Duan Li and FYL actually had a really important meeting as children, but in the present they can't remember that meeting precisely because of Luo Jian's involvement in the matter.)
    This also includes some great scenes of future!Luo Jian witnessing earlier scenes with past!Luo Jian from a different (often hilarious) perspective.
    Finally, Luo Jian breaks everyone out of the chambers they're trapped in and launches a final assault on the home base of the System. The novel ends with the destruction of the System, turning back time so everyone can grow up and live normal lives. The extras therefore read as a kind of "non-powered alternate universe" lol

ML is consistently very affectionate towards MC, no matter what shape or form we see him in.
    In the first half, despite having this Stalker role, he always does his best to find loopholes to help Luo Jian out. This is especially notable in the climax of the first half of the novel, the aforementioned "team battle" chamber sequence.
    First, ML switches his "NPC character role given by the System in this Chamber" with MC's Player role. This has two effects:
    -It gives MC an extra helping hand with the actual Chamber mystery
    -The act of switching creates a situation where ML could potentially walk away with MC's Player role, while MC would be trapped as a Stalker for eternity. However, in a really heartwarming and cute scene, ML instead sincerely confesses to MC (since he's normally completely mute as a Stalker but can actually talk for this brief window of time).
    Then for the rest of the "team battle" chamber sequence, ML basically follows MC around and fights for him as much as he can.

MC and co. lose the "team battle" chamber sequence thanks to certain manipulations. MC and all his companions then get thrown into a Punishment Chamber, where all of them are stuck on a train. Their memories are completely wiped and they are told that one of them is a murderer. Included in this group is ML, who is not a Stalker in this sequence! He's really quiet but trusts MC at first sight.
    It's still not a happy arc sadly... (yeaaah this Punishment Chamber is basically MC's personal hell. I love the drama and tension in this arc though~)

MC finally manages to escape the hellish Punishment Chamber sequence, but at the cost of having to leave his companions there. He escapes to an extradimensional battlefield space (also a complete hell lol), where he hones his skills and discovers his true power. Even in this hell, a fragment of ML helps MC out in a very strange way.

After clawing to the top of this extradimensional battlefield, MC gains the power to go back in time. In return for sacrificing his identity as Luo Jian, he can now set all the past events in motion that are needed to destroy the System.
    In particular, he runs into ML when ML was still a young Player, and even temporarily joins ML's famous team!
    MC realizes that young!ML actually shares many characteristics with Stalker!ML, including the quiet affection for MC.
    Unfortunately, when MC and ML('s team) completed a Chamber together, certain strange things happened. That was the precise event that warped ML's personality into the "cold and ruthless type" that he became famous for.

(Even when MC is manipulating the more recent events (AKA since the actual start of the novel), he literally refuses to hurt Stalker!ML in any capacity.)

--------------------------

In the ending, after MC successfully resets everything and erases the presence of the Chamber from time and space... young!ML and young!MC get to know each other really early, and ML starts courting MC. (Part of Luo Jian's backstory was that he had a very severe illness as a child. He was only miraculously cured in the novel canon by a certain event related to the System. Then after the System was destroyed, ML personally located MC and got his family to pay for MC's treatment.)

8. crustyturtle

crustyturtle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i can't believe i found this but so the original raws stop up to chapter 27 or 29 i think.. after that u need to be a vip or idk so i found a link that has the rest of the chapters!! :D http://www.quanben.io/n/taoliwuxianmishi/34.html here's chapter 34! (click 下一页 to continue) idk when the translator for this series is gonna continue but thanks for all ur hardwork! :) btw it might not load correctly so u just gotta restart the website or go down and up a chapter for it to load.

9. Anie

Anie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm...so, the cousin saved mc life? And who was that boy with red eyes that stalked the uncle of mc? Was there any reason for the system?
    Thank you. My curiosity is killing me.:aww:

akihiki likes this.
  10. akihiki

akihiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we find out why the system is doing this? Taking in player after player and even 'recycling' the really powerful players. Would anyone mind sharing spoilers? :blobReach:

11. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is this dropped? *sound of tears falling to the floor*

12. finily

finily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the superrrr late replies! I saw them but kinda forgot to answer

Do you know where the boy with red eyes appears in the story? The only people that appeared as young boys in the story that I can remember is the MC, the best friend, and the clown

I’m not sure if I remember correctly, but I’m pretty sure the “system” was made by “aliens” in the far off future as a training program for soldiers and create the strongest person or something like that, but it got out of control. Despite the program being a simulation, people who died in the simulation died in real life. Somehow through some space time shenanigans (which the author doesn’t explain) the system landed in the MC’s time (technically the technology shouldn’t even exist in their time) and some people found it and decided to use it as a base to create a video game. But just as before, it got out of control and started capturing people and causing several deaths. I believe the system develops its own mind or something in terms of that.

EDIT: A more complete explanation can be found by google translating chapter 141 and 170-171

The system is looking for the strongest person because from what I understand it seems to be a bioweapon (weapon with a consciousness) looking for a master and will only accept the strongest person.

I believe the people were recycled because it was easier to make “characters” out of former players and use them against the new players to train/test them to try and make the strongest person. Pretty much why make monsters when you can use former humans who can actually think? It’s kinda of like a computer program vs AI

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  13. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

What events did MC set in the past in motion that are needed to destroy the System?
    Why did he erase his friend important meeting as children and did they get it back?
    Why is Mc like a crow ?
    Is Mc secretly the one responsible for the friend involvement ?

14. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I feel so sorry for MC's BFF. He was so nice yet he got tortured in the chamber! He might came out alive but he still died countless times. No wonder he got an alter.

As for MC going back to time. So it's either a time paradox? Reset? Or a new parallel timeline that formed? Sometimes my head really hurts with this going back in time genre. It hurts my heart in someways that it disregarded all their experiences but at the same time, I kinda glad that their innocence return to them.

15. Fat Cat

Fat Cat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The little boy with red umbrella who is the real culprit behind ml team losing team batttle.Ml Bff knew him and decided to help him.He can also reduce his existence and manipulate mind.Who is he? He watched stalker and Ml kissing and also said he doesn't want Ml to remeber him.

16. mia16

mia16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m don’t understand why the novel is tagged with mismatched couple. Can anyone explain?

17. BL-lover

BL-lover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please!! Can someone explain the turning back in time arc? Is the mc will really go back in time and live there or is it like a parallel world, Where his past self have a different encounter and different future while his present self continues his life after the chamber?

18. onlyF0r7hem

onlyF0r7hem New Member

Reading List:
    Link

The boy with red eyes first appeared on the arc where Ah Jian helped his uncle find who the person that stalked/following him was. He appeared again on the "team battle" chamber sequence where he controlled(?) And manipulated (?) Ah Lan to get the jade pendant (the supposedly "key"). He is also the fifth member of the enemy team.

I have theories about who he is but I still want to get spoiled about his true identity. ;-;

19. finily

finily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure the red eyed umbrella welding person you both are referring to is the MC in another body.
    To put it simply, there's going to be some time shenanigans. He can't use his original body to go back into the past so he gets or possesses another one. Ah Lan actually isn't controlled but recognizes the MC and goes along with his plan to have the team lose because they're the bestest of friends :cry:

========================

Pretty sure this is referring to Ah Lan and Duan Li
    One from a well-to-do family and the other is a "street rat", need I say more?
    They do end up together at the end as a pretty interesting couple. The sequel hints that they need each other to be complete (well in terms of fighting ;))

========================

IMO it's closer to a time reset. It's hinted that they have some semblance of memory and possibly are slowly re-remembering the experience. The sequel however confirms that the MC, ML, Ah Lan, and Duan Li remember everything

Last edited: May 24, 2021