LCD Otherwordly Evil Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LoneWanderer23, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    the racism started with the alien beings or w/e they r called the ones invading if i remember correctly:blobwoah:

2. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats going on with all these chapters constantly being unlocked?

3. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those people asking for proof about the "blatant racism", just read the above comments.
    If you want a TLDR version:
    1. Author mentions that MC suffers from the China's version of "Angry white male"(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_white_male). Link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenqing
    2. This means that MC is overly nationalistic which led him to a deathtrap in his previous life and got himself killed.
    3. Obviously MC gets riles up further and ramps up his nationalistic tendencies when he hears about the Jap profanities sprouting alien-conjoined-mutates/mutants.
    4. Author designs the in such a way that they can only converse in Japanese profanities. (Author is racist and is worse than those CN Novel authors who can't tell the difference between Samurais and Ninjas).
    5. Most of the time, the MTL is actually more accurate than the official/unofficial translation groups because it doesn't censor off all the lewd "Eddie Murphy" body malfunction, wardrobe malfunction and racist jokes.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  4. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    see that's a "lost in translation" issue since I wouldn't know that a CN novel was using JP language in such a way since its all translated into English for me

5. SummerMascot

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically you just need to know
    1) Historically (since Ancient times to modern era), China people don't get along with the Japanese and most currently the Americans.
    2) So when the word nationalism or nationalistic is mentioned, just search through the chapter and look for references to Japanese (anything with "八格", "Eight Squares", "Eight Roads", "Eight Columns", Ninjas, Samurais, Geishas, 山本组, Yamamoto Group) and/or Americans (Rice Country, Country of Sam, Uncle Sam, Samu country)
    3) This article https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/八嘎 states that the China people have numerous ways of "euphemising" or "translating" Jap swear words back to Chinese words (phonetically).
    4) Have the MTL and the official/unofficial chapter translation side-by-side.
    5) Also note that unofficial translators have a tendency to censor matured to xxx-rated stuff from CN Novels, more than what they do from KR Novels and JP Novels (cough Arifureta).

6. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    ? I didn't think that censoring was a translation issue but a publisher problem? that china censors the works of author so the "PG-13+" material is left out by the publishers. unless its an "Adult site" but even then is seems the adult content is "paraphrased" or "worded colorfully" so its never explicated enough to be censored

7. SummerMascot

Reading List:
    Link
    I had read the CN raws of Otherwordly Evil Monarch on a non-Qidian website and all the China-ized version of the Japanese expletives and nationalism were there totally intact.

So these leaves the possibilities of:
    1. You can have multiple publishers for a single CN Novel title.
    2. It's not possible to manually go through and censor stuff line-by-line.
    3. The auto-censorship software only focuses on Anti-China stuff.
    4. I have seen Anti-Japanese, Anti-American, Anti-Russian, Anti-Philippines, Anti-Blacks CN Novels but I'm unable to find a single Anti-China, Anti-HongKong or Anti-Taiwan CN Novel.

Urbek Mazino and Wowafay like this.
  8. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, as much as I enjoy this novel, the "role of women" in this book is one of the worst I've come across. C320 with Guan Qing Han's view on a "woman's role in a man's world" is incredibly fucked up. I get it's a period feudal society story, but jesus, how about you make the love interest's goals something a little more interesting than being breeding stock.

I am not a fan of PC culture as a whole, but holy shit, this is subhuman. I think it bothers me so much that her "view" is meant to be this profound theory on the roles of men and women and Mo Xie applauds her insight.

If and when some of these novels catch on in the US mainstream.. holy shit. There are going to be some unhappy people.

9. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont like it dont read it lol
    Also anyone knows if the novel translation from when he visited his dads grave been re-written? Because i stopped when my eyeballs were bleeding at the awful TN and grammatical errors.

10. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    hasn't been too bad seems pretty legit on the TL

jimmy1989 likes this.
  11. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone already read this novel to the end???

If so, can someone give me just a short summary about whats happen in the Otherworldly Evil Monarch story starting on chapter 1200+ to the ending please?

At the end story how many wives jun xie has??

Roughly in which chapter the pagoda all open??
    :blob_teary::blob_teary:

12. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    story just finished

Coffea to Ell likes this.
  13. Coffea to Ell

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are you read it?? Share to me please.
    :aww:

14. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    go look for the site UNDERGROUND and if u do look in the right place u'll find it

Coffea to Ell likes this.
  15. Coffea to Ell

Reading List:
    Link
    Found it :blobphone: