Question How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord - LF general story spoiler

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by LegionUnderground, Nov 15, 2018.

1. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,

Like the last time i wanted to ask if someone read How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord / Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu and could tell me if it would fit as happy/fluffy harem story :x

I saw this novel before, but since i hate sad stuff and girls that suffer in general i avoided reading it. But i just saw the anime recently and it was kinda positive overall. There died some gild members and soldiers, but no "named" person and specially no woman. Well, the brother of the elf died, but i'm totally fine about that ass dying... :p I'm still not a fan of the slave market that was shown shortly but it was kinda "fine" because (at least in the anime) it wasn't so dark. So i wanted to ask if someone read the novel and could tell me if the story getting darker? If there is Polygamy development? And if there is stuff to worry about in general.

Btw. sry for those threads, i'm just really sensible with sad stuff, thats why try to ask beforehand if something like that appears in novels that i think about reading :x If possible i try to ask someone directly who wrote a review about the novel but sadly thats not always possible (here: Only mllhild read up to volume 8 and he wasn't online for a long time)

Thanks already in advance =D

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Diablo Immortal was released and fans don't like it.

Oh wait, you're talking about the other Diablo.

Astaroth likes this.
  3. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just glad blizzard made another mistake and more players are setting their sights on Path of Exile.

The true successor of diablo

4. dalrant

dalrant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    could tell me if the story getting darker?
    no.

If there is Polygamy development?
    yes, diablo is the "best man"

LegionUnderground and Astaroth like this.
  5. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently reading vol.6 and i would say so far it's a good story, no slaves other than the main casts, its more adventure action comedy and fanservice than sad stuff.

6. Crywolf641

Crywolf641 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh
    As far as the Light Novel is concerened.
    The story isn't that dark.
    And yes
    It's a harem.

Asami and LegionUnderground like this.
  7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was pretty decent, but annoying antagonists and human supremacy stuff. I'm sure I wouldn't have minded it if it was 8-10 years ago...

LegionUnderground likes this.
  8. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the answers. I’m a bit annoyed by some stuff the MC did in the anime as well. But it was mainly the typical Japanese stuff so i expected things like that. I don't really have other stuff that i want to read right now and as long as it's not sad and there is some polygamy development I’m totally fine with it ^^

@Astaroth "annoying human supremacy and antagonist"
    As i mentioned before, i hate those slave tags and in general if girls suffer, quite often that’s a combination of demi-human discrimination etc. but the MC isn't supporting this shit and @Einzwalker said, that there isn't other real slavery shown so... i think it's fine... at least i hope so ^^ I’m kinda interested if the female knight will come back, since I kind of understand some stuff she did (against this human supremacy) ^^

Now i just hope that it will develop to more than the normal Japanese harem without any romance and that there isn't anything else that i would be sad about xD Hopefully just a happy-fluffy-polygamy(harem) story with some action and only a little (always good ending) drama

Again, thanks a lot =D

9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the first six volumes and there wasnt much actual romance/polygamy/fluff going on, at least in my opinion. So far, it does read like the standard JP harem with little to no actual romance and development so far.

Who knows, it may actually get the stick out of it's.... and actually have some nice, proper romance, polygamy and development past where i've stopped for now.

Asami likes this.
  10. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Damm it ^^ why are those japanese authors always so affraid of polygamy or general romance in harems :/
    The chinese authors are way better with stuff like that, but they often write so drama heavy and it seems they REALLY love slaves -.-

Sabruness likes this.
  11. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Re
    Read the novels, check out the manga it follows closely to the novel. It more on the comedy side. Even the dangers tend to lean on the fluffy side, personally I like reading it, mc is a NEET pretending to be a demon king, since that is the only way he can communicate with others. Got 2 (slave girls, sorta, not really... It's really complicated) companions who summon him, sorta... Well anyway read it and have a laugh and a wholesome adventure with all these funny and over the top characters. So enjoy the read! :)

Asami likes this.
  12. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read even further on, the adventures will pick up more steam, the actions, the comedy and challenges will be demon king epic. The real boss villains begin to show up, all I will say is Diablo is the true demon king!(cosplaying) LOL!

Asami likes this.
  13. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey =D
    Because everyone said, that it won't be sad i already started ^^ atm. i am still in Volume 2 and skip some stuff that was "boring" in the anime (that i just watched) but i quite enjoy it already =D

I just hope, that there will be a bit more romance later on :x But for now the MC seems to be the typical japanese dense protagonist with many "accidents" for ecchi purpose but without any chance for real harem romance :/ Well, maybe i'm lucky in the later volumes and/or will enjoy it even without real romance ^^

Asami likes this.
  14. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing dark happens so far, Rem did get 'captured' by a demon king but since Diablo already predicted it, everything ends happily.
    As for the polygamy, Diablo actually marries both girls and become the king of elves

Asami likes this.
  15. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty certain this is one of those stories with a happy end. So any of the darker stuff, which does exist, is generally relegated to the background.

Umm, for example, if there are named character deaths, they're actually hanging on by a thread to be saved by a super potion...or resurrected. So long as the character that you like has a name and is not hostile, you can rest easy that they won't have a tragic fate.

Asami likes this.
  16. Enigmeh

Enigmeh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga just hinted as a new Character introduction soon. +New Harem Member.

17. DDharta

DDharta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the manga is quite closely to the novels so i don't have any dissatisfaction in it
    in my opinion I think the new characters is not quite likely a harem member

18. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    @Enigmeh and @DDharta to be fair, i didn't expected any more answers here xD But nice that i was wrong ^^

I finished Volume 7 last week (he married the elf) but was really disappointed that the marriage ceremony was skipped, that they didn't even kissed and that the only "romance like" thing happened with someone who he won't have an relationship with... I think the novel in general is just again this typical Japanese stuff... It will become a triangular relationship but not a harem since the other girls have basically no screen time after their ark is finished and after 7 volumes he still sticks to his demon play and avoids any kinds of romance. It's still somehow fun to read, but i was so disappointed after the marriage, that i stopped reading for the moment :x
    So without even knowing who you talk about, I think DDharta is right and it won’t be a harem member xD

Asami likes this.
  19. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't call it a happy/fluffy story, there are fights and blood of the MC and his harem is spilled. But at the same time so far all of the problems were fixed immediately and nothing long-lasting bad happened to them. If you are just looking for a novel without sad stuff, this might be the one you like. The story is kinda average though...

Asami likes this.
  20. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean "slightly less annoying loli harem" as compared to Arifureta?

Asami likes this.