Spoiler (BL) The Wife is First

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Selax, Jan 10, 2018.

1. TammyMay

TammyMay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:
    JS... You've become so devoted and precious... I approve 100%

2. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recap 11, chap 80-88

- jS n JQ did it a few times at hot spring. As punishment, the day JQ slept with his pet tiger on the bed.
    JS was really annoyed. 'I will make you into a blanket!' He threatened the tiger.

- Jing Chen (JS's elder brother was sent to Jiangnan). When he was away, JS n JQ visited his residence n met their sister in law, princess Rui.
    JS felt that the princess slighted JQ while JQ told JS to ignore it. He didn't feel anything wrong. The princess didn't look too good though. She was in confinement coz she just gave birth a few months ago. JC had total 3 sons n 2 daughters. In reality it was 4 sons but one was sick so he hid him.

- jS secretly created private army. You know... for the rainy days. JQ was worried for him. JS told him that these time, he had won war n never lost. He could be seen as threat. JQ mused. Born in the imperial family wasn't an easy thing. He told jS, 'i will take care of you.'

- JS complained that nowadays JC trusted JQ more. JQ retorted that it was because JS was a lost case. JS was too lazy to do his paperworks that jC had given up on him. JC returned from Jiangnan. When they talked and there was a mention of GH, JC's face went odd.

- GH came to Beijing secretly under disguise of lowly official. He gave a jade to JS n told him to return it to the owner. JS was puzzled but jQ recognized the jade as belongings of jC.
    They quickly went to JC's residence. Jc was shocked finding out that Gh was in beijing and hurriedly told JS to tell GH to return quickly to jiangnan. Js was confused. That sly GH, out of 10 words 9 were lies. So many times, jS really wanted to punch him coz he was joking at inappropriate times

- jS questioned why GH was in the capital. They were talking when jC n 4th prince came. 4th almost found out GH's presence at JS's house but JS used their pet tiger as distraction. 4th prince left, JS n JQ also gone. Jc was alone when Gh appeared. JC felt headache

3. Rilise

Rilise Aestivating

Reading List:
    Link
    Leave the poor tiger alone JS!! :D
    Or just give the tiger to me *JQ send dagger glare* *stabbed*

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I sense something among those 2 =.=

5. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    Recap 12, 89-105

- 4th prince went to jiangnan to fight GH but it ended up in failure. He lost many troops n even lost two cities. The emperor finally called him back n send JS instead.

- jQ proposed to build port in jiangnan. The 1st prince suspiciously didn't say anything. But when they were in Jiangnan, 1st prince people tried to abduct JQ. JS came to the rescue. It was revealed that 1st prince teamed up with merchants since building port mean taking their business.

- Jing Chen had two newborn sons. One was healthy from concubine. One was sickly n later passed away from princess consort. They suspected foul play and started investigation. Before, JQ had witnessed something suspicious at temple. Jc's princess consort fed her newborn baby with this mysterious powder ash. JS n JC were reminded about their mother's death.

- in Jiangnan, jQ met his childhood friend. JS was jealous initially. After all, their marriage was arranged one. What if JQ never loved him? JS swore that he would never let jQ go.
    Jq finally admitted that he loved JS. Js was over the moon. Cue to the tiger pet to cockblock JS again for the nth time.

- funny thing is, even though JS n GH were in war, GH often came to the city to play with them.
    In one of his visit, JC suddenly came with 18 guards. Those guards belonged to emperor n were ordered to protect JC. The emperor had tasked him with investigating the 'ash'. On his way to Jiangnan, he was attacked n got hurt. JS n JQ were suspicious. What if the emperor was also poisoned?

- messengers came to jiangnan with imperial edict, saying that JC tried to poison emperor. The seal was real but the writings was fake. JS suspected that 4th prince had rebeled in capital. He suggested that they return to beijing. JC finally agreed.

- they successfully managed to enter the capital n meet the emperor. He had ingested the poison too. The emperor wanted to pass the throne to JS.
    JS was shocked. He refused, saying that he was a military man n he only loved JQ so he would not able to have heir.
    They talked and in the first time in his life, JS heard his dad praised him so much. JC n JS were sons of the late empress Yuan, so he actually favoured them compared to his other children even though he didn't show it.

- the emperor had actually foreseen JS's refusal. He had another edict prepared in which JC was appointed as the next emperor. The emperor passed away. Knowing that, 4th prince came, intend to seize the throne n kill JS n JQ.

- JQ with JS's private army were waiting outside. Once they saw fireworks signal, they attacked the palace. 4th prince was defeated. He and his mother, the current empress, had poisoned late emperor. They also killed JS N jC's mum. As punishment, nine generations of current empress family was killed while 1st prince was exiled as commoner.

-

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  6. bitterblackrabbit

bitterblackrabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the summaries :aww::blobsmilehappyeyes:

7. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    Last recap, 106 to end

- the story focused more on Jingchen n GH. apparently there was this ancient treaty between GH's ancestor n the ruler of the empire that they would marry off their descendant to each other. Most complains nowadays in the court were always connected to GH that the officials even wanted JC to marry GH.

- JC was confused. He didn't know if he truly liked GH or if he liked his delicate beauty, but the thought of that mischievous person trapped in inner palace, fighting with concubines, irritated him. So he seek JS for guidance.
    JS told him that, 'JQ is the only one for me. As long as he stay with me, i'll do whatever he say. I will never wrong him.'
    JQ had warned JS before their position was different. JS was a prince but JC was now an emperor.

- jC thought of his conversation with GH.
    'Every king of Huainan is called GH. What is your real name?' Looking at the beauty in front of him, he unconsciously asked.
    GH teased him first but later told JC that his childhood name was Feng Xian

- jC n GH finally got married. It was a grand wedding and GH became empress. On their wedding night, JC asked GH. 'Is it worth it?'
    Was it worth it for GH, to abandon everything he had, only for a man who was doomed not to devote himself fully to GH?
    GH replied. 'The emperor is somehow puzzled by amorous feeling.'
    But JC said later. 'You're willing to marry me, i will not dissapoint you.'
    one year passed. JC favoured GH. People talked that JC even didn't favour the mother of the little prince that much.

- jC actually gave his third son, named Jing Shui, to jS n JQ to raise together with JQ's younger brother.
    Funny conversation between 2 kids. 'Where is king father n dad?'
    'They are playing horse riding. Every time they play, dad will be very tired.'
    The two kids then got bright idea to play horse riding with the tiger pet.

- the tiger later escaped the kids. Somehow, it entered its master bedroom and saw a man lying above master, biting master's neck. Oh no. Must save master from being eaten.
    Poor JS got cockblocked again.
    JS fought back this time. He threw the tiger out and slammed shut the door.

- jS had a nightmare about his original timeline when he was in prison. JQ caught a mouse so they had something to eat. He woke up, drenched in sweat.
    Jq asked. 'What were you dreaming?'
    JS hugged jQ tightly. 'It was a strange dream. We were in prison n you caught a mouse...'
    Just how many time people got the chance to redo everything? But it was in the past. And all was well now.

End.

This is the first novel i actually mtl from beg to end.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Drayne, Kumoshiro, juanexbi and 42 others like this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah hah! I knew there was something going on between those two!

9. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened with Jc's family?
    Also did the 4rth prince have a bad guy speach?

10. bitterblackrabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    I am only halfway through MTL. If this doesn't get picked up by the time I finish, it is likely that I will just attempt to translate it myself. Haha...

EDIT:
    Okay, I decided that I will just translate as I go because I realized that I have a short attention span, which means it that I will most likely lose motivation to translate once I finish MTL.

Just telling you guys now. I learned Chinese for less that a year so I am basically illiterate. I'm just trying to make MTL more understandable while attempting to add a clearer interpretation. So some of these translations could be WRONG.

If anyone else wants to take this project off my hands feel free to.

The wife is first, the country is second, and the husband is of lesser importance.

All of his life was spent riding a war horse and accomplishing meritorious military services. But what was the result? In the end, he was cast aside once he had served his purpose.

Out of selfishness, he had favored his consort and neglected his wife. Ultimately, the one who stood by his side was the wife that he had neglected for 10 years…

After being reborn, Jing Shao decided to repent and turn over a new leaf…

Standing outside the door while holding a pillow, Jing Shao gazed at the sky. He must first mend his relationship with his wife. Jing Shao formed a fist and knocked on the door, “Jun Qing, I know my wrongs, let me in!”

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  11. bitterblackrabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  12. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s fantastic!! Just need to make a website and keep going ;) . If you don’t want to make your own you can probably find a good host. Like Ainushi or something. Heck even I would host you. Anything for more BL novels!!!!

Blood A likes this.
  13. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  14. iceflecks

iceflecks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!! Thank you for translating it! I'd rather not MTL this story cause I prefer uke/shou MCs but the summaries were too good :blobsweat_2: So I'll wait patiently for the translations and just read the happy parts :blob_grin:

15. maecasano

maecasano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I should have checked for the existence of this thread first before doing MTL (which I gave up halfway).. thank you for the spoiler!

16. Rukihide

Rukihide Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love this story, is this novel still being translated? ‍♀️

17. Silver_Moon789

Silver_Moon789 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes!!! Seme MC, with a good palace plot to boot, I love it! It's like To Be a Virtuous Wife but BL with general MC so slightly different. If there isn't any updates soon I'll go MTL it myself!

Blood A likes this.
  18. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg I’m reading this through and wanted to clarify one little detail, since it made me laugh so hard:

Mu Hanzhang (JQ) opens a shop on the recommendation of his friend, selling “fragrant balm/grease.”
    The key here is that it’s not just any balm.
    It’s literally lube for those noblemen with male wives hahahahahaha

The key here is that this “balm” was in short supply in the capital so had to be imported from the south. Mu Hanzhang raises the price even further by selling them in exquisitely carved boxes lolol

19. RoseColouredSin

RoseColouredSin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @purple_mangosteen Thank you for all the spoilers! I bought all of the jjwxc raws and I'm currently using them to translate, but I know that some of the more *ahem* steamy scenes are usually cut out bc censorship on there D: do you know where I can find the uncensored/unedited version?

Blood A likes this.
  20. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    The version I read has no hot scene. But I only read from sto.cx and didn't check other sites such as

www.quanben.io/amp/n/qiweishang/list.html

https://m.lewenxiaoshuo.com/books/qiweishang/

RoseColouredSin and Blood A like this.