LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what happened to the princess from the beginning, the one who threw away her royalty karma to help Seol do that "emotion transfer"

2. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    ...so there's a possibility that Seol rises to level 3 the day he goes to a temple? Not sure why, but I'd like to see him go straight from level 1 to level 5.

That would be a freakin' slap to everyone's faces, yes.

And boy, oh boy. We have a 'wizard' in Ian. IfYouKnowWhatIMean

Arbalest likes this.
  4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking instead of skipping ranks, his class will go through certain 'evolutions' a little earlier, allowing him to have more steps up the ladder, ending with something divine later on. I like how they've shown that gods and 'class choosing' is pretty faulty, making a hothead go sorcerer 'oh it didn't work, fine priest then!' 'goddamit you violent girl, fine a battle priest then!'.

Remember when the gods wanted to force sorcerer on him? It'd end up influencing his class upgrades too, trying to incorporate magic warrior or something. I think the stigmata allows him to solely decide it along with Gula, that's aware of his potential so it'll be much more efficient from 2-4.

Wondering how the yandere waifu's class will change as she was supposed to go sorcerer route if MC did not alter the timeline.

5. naidujoshu

naidujoshu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been few threats on Seol's life since he entered the Neutral Zone, a shit ton on his chastity though...

6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why didn't he check the forest with his eyes before entering? Does he have a death wish or something?

7. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is probably still unused to having his eye powers back and forgot about it

8. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is spoiler risk at your own
    1. Cinzia, but I'm not sure
    2. She is ghost, will show up in this arc soon. She is a daughter noble from ancient empire
    3. The princess of the Kingdom, I can't remember if she the same princess in the prologue or not.
    4. Agnes
    5. If you remember early chapter when Seol as a kid can't deactive his Eyes in the zoo then been help by someone, i think this is her, will meet soon
    6. Cho Hong
    7. Seol

Arbalest and naidujoshu like this.
  9. Knight8

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks

10. Knight8

Reading List:
    Link
    yandere waifu?do you mean the daughter of the president?

11. naidujoshu

naidujoshu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one I'm most inclined to believe in is that he's under the impression that this whole trip is under his "golden opportunity", so using the eye now might be useless(I'm assuming that he knows this whole expedition is dangerous, which he does).
    Trying to maintain a calm state of mind after seeing the results of his power would probably be exponentially more difficult, since once again, he's fully aware of the dangers of this trip and his power isn't really useful unless he has multiple choices that he can choose from, using it here would just be disconcerting and a cause for paranoia.
    I also doubt that he could get the group to turn around and head back. He'd have to explain himself and if he uses, "Nah its dangerous" I'm pretty sure they'd take turns beating the shit out of him, since you know? Everywhere is fucking dangerous in Paradise. Also he'd reveal the existence of his power which wouldn't be a good thing imo. Going back alone is also out of the question since he'd have to walk for close to a week by himself, which would turn him into easy pickings.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, she's not yandere but still, clingy, obsessed and likely has a tendency to stalk him eventually. Her magic power should be very high , they just gave up on her due to her disabled arm, ending up as a warrior.

13. yeison

yeison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the author is dumbing down the MC, he doesn't even check the statuses of the people he meets, you know is hard for some authors to write good arcs and difficulties for the MC when he is smart, the situations would be harder to write, besides, I think this an adventure history showing the MC overcoming everything in his path one thing at a time, he doesn't need to be too smart

14. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The death of one korean novel after another. I thought 2 release was a blessing, but a hidden dagger underneath. We hope to hear from you again soon.

Side note: will you pick up Solo leveling? Will it replace this novel?

15. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depression, depressed depressing depression, depressing da depressed.

16. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

Elkon likes this.
  17. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    @A_Passing_Wanderer

To answer your question about reader numbers...is actually really, really simple.
    People don't have the patience to wait for Seol to be actually awesome.

Readers are used to the likes of Chinese and Japanese novels where it's one fight after another save for other tropes like shoujo novels and some rare novels that focus a bit on the plot.

The Returner and ORV (something else that began translation around the same time) are read by more people because they had early chapters where the protag really fought compared to Seol who basically just threw bombs to kill the early boss. Not to mention the 'training period' that followed immediately after.

People will definitely be bored if their curiosity to the mysteries of Seol's power isn't strong enough.

P.S. I'll wait. My attachment to this is actually greater than Returner. I'll have you know that I'm on c111 for Returner and I'm reading the latest chapter of Avarice as I post this.

CodeZero, Dart, 0000000 and 4 others like this.
  19. Jymbo

Jymbo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can´t believe this novel was dropped.

Regression novel where the mc doesn´t go around collecting legendary artifacts and harem members every two steps he takes. Was the lack of OP wish fulfillment crap, the thing that put people off?

0000000, Ingenuity, Shacien and 3 others like this.
  20. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh....so what am i going to read from now onwards? Published books?