A Shoujo's Yokai Project [RP]

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Haxagen, Nov 23, 2018.

1. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kuro looked at the fainted kitsune with an ounce of pity, but mostly amusement.
    "So I got some trinkets along the way," Kuro said, producing a few sealing charms, "But what is the difference? Do they still use the same method as divine words, as some kind of medium, or are they something else entirely?" Kuro had a slight expectation, after all these had saved his life once. On the other hand if the new power was stronger, then he could only feel joy from the acquisition. It was almost enough to make him forget to be wary.

Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  2. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "The effects are much weaker. But on the other hand, you can carry around enough of them, so you can save your Divine Word usages. They also allow you to invoke effects even if you don't have any Divine Words pertaining to that category. Still, the effectiveness sees a sizeable drop in power. Rejuvenate."

Placing one hand on Hotaru's cheek, the shrine maiden activated one of her Healing Arts.

3. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    A little worried about the still groggy Kitsune, Naraku squats down and handed her a water flask.
    "Drink. It has salt, citrus, and suger in it. Not very tasty, but good for recovering stamina"
    He made sure to always carry one of those in his former life, it was a bit harder to acquire the ingredients over here but he borrowed Matsumoto's influence to buy some.

Quaesitor and Haxagen like this.
  4. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Observing the effect of the Divine Word, I suddenly came to a certain thought.

"Would Divine Words be able to become stronger?"

Haxagen and Quaesitor like this.
  5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mm. A few questions have been answered." Himura rubbed his chin, it was an annoying habit of his. Then he looked at Hotaru and sighed. Considering the situation, it probably wasn't the first time she did that.

"Mmm... It would be useful to have this... I have a question, how do these divine words concretely function ? First, do you know what is the origins of those divine words ? Can they be created in any way ? How to get them... Well the basics questions."
    Himura was curious, he remembering something from one of the guests here, that the giant yokai had divine words or something, but then, from where do these divine words come from ? How did those yokais got the divine words ?

Quaesitor likes this.
  6. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    "I did hear talk about several people asking around about a young girl who leaves those letters around. She wears a blue cloak and fox mask. Anything else?" Asked the guard as he responded to my question.

"Ah, in that case, do you know when she was last seen?" I ask him. Hopefully I can find this mystery girl before too long.

Quaesitor likes this.
  7. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,6

8. justabot

justabot NUF's Cutest Bot Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

Min: 1
    Max: 6

@Fossil, you rolled a 4

9. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mountains in the Hida Province

Panting, I stagger forward in the dark. My back still hurts from that one attack, and I am hungry and thirsty. The darkness of the night covers the forest, and I can barely see where I am going. Branches smack into my face as a violent gust of wind passes by, and I can't even count how often I stumbled over roots and rocks as I make my way through the mountains.

At this point, I am nothing but a bloody mess. The only good things are that I am not being chased and that my back is slowly starting to feel better. Then, suddenly, amidst the rustling of the leaves, I hear something in the distance. Flowing water... and laughter? Curious, thirsty, and hungry, I sneak closer towards the sound, until I faintly make out what appears to be a small river in the distance.

But the laughter is gone, and I do not see anyone nearby. However, thirsty and dirty, I don't care much about that fact and instead set aside my Kanabo and start drinking directly from the river. The cold water refreshes me, and I start to relax. Then, without warning, green, scaly hands come out of the water and pull me into the river. While getting pulled down I try to grasp for my Kanabo, but can't reach it.

Then I am submerged in the cold, dark water, and beaks and claws start to dig into my arms and legs, tearing out pieces of my flesh. I struggle, but with me being underwater, it is futile, and the Kappa tear me apart and eat me.

Character Tamekatsu has been eaten by a family of Kappa

10. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "As their name suggests, Divine Words have their roots originating from the Kami themselves. As such, unless you yourself happen to be one of the greater ranking Kami, it is impossible to create any Divine Words. Still, to answer the girl's question, it is indeed possible to strengthen a Divine Word's effect. The effectivity of a Word depends on how much the user is able to grasp it's understanding, the meaning behind the word."

Clapping her hands twice, a naginata of black metal materiallized in her hands.

"When you wield any weapons, you should feel it when attacking. The fact that your weapon, before all else, pushes the air away. However, nature is a powerful force. The air pushes back with equal force, dampening your strike. The more you are able to understand, however, the greater you will be able to get nature to relent to you."

Twirling it around a few times, Chiharu swung --- all while she remained at the same spot --- and the tree was cleanly split in half, despite the fact that Chiharu was clearly too far away even with the naginata's reach.

"When you are able to attain that, you can use creative methods of attacking like this. Imaginative but also deadly."

She shrugged.

"And finally, how to get them...You need to understand both form and a certain level of understanding. The clear image of the Divine Word, along with your interpretation of the Divine Word's effect."

Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  11. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    “I believe I heard that she’s been spotted anywhere from sundown to a few hours after midnight. Probably trying to hide her presence.” Says the guard with a slight tone of distaste.

“Thanks! Do you perhaps know where she might have went, then?” I ask with relief that I’m actually getting somewhere.

12. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,6

13. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

@Fossil, you rolled a 4

14. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "Last I heard of her she was heading to Kyoto." Said the guard.

"Thanks!" I said while bowing to him. After that I bade him farewell and went off towards Kyoto. ...Wait. Which way is Kyoto again? Well, there'll probably be a sign before too long so it doesn't matter. The important thing is that now I have a path to getting my memories back!

...I really hope I'm going in the right direction.

Naraku, Quaesitor and Haxagen like this.
  15. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the black naginata appearing out of thin air, I pondered whether I could do the same.

The nature of my divine word is that of snow and ice. Using ice as the material, I could sculpt it into the form I see fit, just like an ice sculpture, but using my mind to form its shape instead of hammer and chisel.

With the idea in mind, I looked towards the black naginata, using it as an outline. Inside my mind, I imagined a block of ice being cut and polished into the shape of a naginata. When I thought that it should be close enough, I chanted, "雪."

Snow and cold wind swirled before me, forming a block of ice in the air. Then, following how I imagined it, shards of ice rapidly came off, turning the block of ice into a naginata made out of ice.

Reaching out, I held it in my hand and swung it down, causing a deep cut to appear on the earth. Of course, ice is still ice, and the naginata soon cracked apart, dissipating with the wind as its durability ran out.

Swiveling my head, I asked those around, "How was it?"

16. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mmm..." Himura didn't know what to say against that, it was... too vague. He didn't know where to start, yes it came from the Kami themselves and then ? How are you supposed to understand something you don't have any concrete ideas on ? All he saw was someone saying a "word" and a lot of things he couldn't find an explanation to happenned.
    Everything happened because of the "divine word" they said, and it depended on what they understood of this same word.

Then I looked at the girl I met in Sekigahara, he closed his eyes a few seconds and tried to comprehend what he was seeing, nevertheless, it seemed like it will be a hard matter. Snow and lightning, two different divine words yet the effects were very different, the sensation as well. Simply, because it's not the same divine word.

"Mmm... what are the divine words to the Kami ? Are they just some casual word or something significant to them ?" Maybe it would be helpful for understanding.

michael.kx5 and Quaesitor like this.
  17. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    In front of those supernatural abilities Naraku was a bit stunned so the first thing he thought was 'WHAT IS THIS, AN ANIME?!' and the second was "Man, I want one of those too. Preferably something to do with metal or physical-strength."
    He saw what happened to Hotaru when she has overdone it, so he noted to himself to be careful with it's use if he gets one though.
    For now he will keep listening as the scholar-like man asks his questions, maybe he will get a clearer hint on how to gain one.

18. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "Shit." After two days I finally found a sign! Except I can't read it! How did I forget that I can't read? Did my memory get worse because of the amnesia? Haa...either way I need to figure out where to go next. If I keep going along this path I should be able to find someone to tell me where to go...but I haven't seen anyone since I left the castle.

I wonder if my luck was this bad before I lost memories. Maybe it was so good that I'd actually be in Kyoto by now! Alas, all I have now is a crappy katana and a set of clothes. Not much honestly. And to top it all off, I haven't eaten since I got here! My stomach has been growling but I have yet to see a single animal! Why has the world forsaken me?! Just what did I do wrong to be punished like this?!

Whatever. I just hope I meet someone soon.

19. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,6

20. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

@Fossil, you rolled a 5

21. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Not bad. In fact, it wasn't half bad at all, considering that the Divine Word you used is one of the simpler ones with a smaller sphere of influence. Actually, I have a good idea. Chiaki, impart to her one of the words you know, and Miss Xue, try replicating what you just did, this time with a stronger Divine Word."

Having been called out, the girl with a waist length ponytail nodded, clapping her hands together as well. Like before, a word of ice formed in midair.

[冬]

"Fuyu. It means winter. Try replicating my sister's naginata again, but this time, make use of this word to do so. Here's a tip: think not of just the physical structure; this word governs more than just the ice and snow."
    "Divine Words are just speech to the Kami. Simply put, while Kami can converse just as casually as we do, Divine Words are their tongue, the words of gods. A conversation between Kami, uninterrupted, is chock-full of Divine Words. The characters that are formed, which allowed you to see them, are just vessels created to contain their power."

22. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Listening to the explanation, I nodded thoughtfully, engraving the divine word into my mind.

Inside my head, instead of using the word to create ice to be turned into a naginata, I used the word itself to be the material of the naginata. With those thoughts, the divine word, 冬, inside my head is reshaped into the form of a naginata while still containing the essence of the word. But lacking in form, I used imagined ice as to become its vessel and form, not quite sure whether it would work. But knowing it is simply an experiment I went along with those thoughts.

Once I was done, I imagined it taking form in my hands. Suddenly, winter wind blew, and cold wind and snow once again swirled into my hands, taking the form of naginata this time instead of a chunk of ice.

But as the naginata took form, I sensed something different within it. It clearly gave off the same feeling as divine words, a power of authority. However, I focused on what I should do now and swung the naginata to a direction. As the naginata fell, winter wind blew in accordance to the direction I swung the naginata to. Snow and ice followed the trail of wind and the weather turned cold, as if winter had suddenly arrived to the lands.

Turning my head, I asked, "Did I do it right?"

Haxagen, Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  23. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    *Clap clap*

"Nicely done~ You managed to pull it off on the first try. Still, don't limit yourself to just creating constructs with them all the time. Other stuff are viable too, so long as you are able to think of it. The meaning is pretty important, but don't let it get in your way when you explore the possibilities."

Chiharu was suddenly holding a small box in her hands.

"Then, there's the ability to combining two different Divine Words to create another effect entirely. Chiaki, I'll be making the first word, so remember to follow up."
    "Gotcha, sis."

Chiharu inhaled, and this time, she spoke a Word directly.

"吹 (Blow)"

Before the word could take effect, Chiaki spoke another.

"雪 (Snow)"

The two spoken words materiallized midair as a single phrase, before both fading away. The surrounding temperature abruptly dipped, and a harsh snowstorm begun to blow.

"This is another way you can use the Words. Finding the right combination can be tricky, but the effects are autonomous, which means that you do not have to have the image of the effect in your mind."

michael.kx5 and Quaesitor like this.