Spoiler Seizing Dreams 【夺梦】 BL

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Zryuu, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/seizing-dreams/
    Raw: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3472606

Synopsis:

Within the dream of the dreamer, the one who was dreamed of awoke.
    — Borges

“I exist in the sunlight, the wind, between the heavens and the earth, and also in dreams.”

One night, Yu Hao, a college student who was at his wits’ end had an unexpected encounter with a mysterious visitor – “General” – who had dream travelled. He led Yu Hao in solving the countless riddles that abounded in the realm of the conscious, and lit up the fire beacons on the meandering Great Wall.

Thereafter, the darkness retreated, the sun rose, and when the long night was thoroughly lit up, the him who existed in reality was reborn.

The black dragon that roared, the lighthouse and demonic eyes on the coastline, the rain forest before Chichén Itzá, the fierce beasts that wreaked havoc in the Colosseum…the bizarre projection of reality in one’s consciousness reflected the hidden place that the sunlight in reality couldn’t touch – the innumerable sins of the human heart.

The journey of seizing dreams continues, and one can only hope that the sun will continue illuminating the human heart.

Fire beacons on the Great Wall were lit up to signal a border invasion.
    --

This is awkward, I started the thread asking for spoilers and ended up translating the whole novel LOL

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Avrohom, Asami, veihakase and 9 others like this.
  2. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for poking me, and bc im rarely online these days, please keep pokes me, so i can check any new bl thread when log in xDDD

4. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    So....no spoiler yet?

5. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "The black dragon that roared, the lighthouse and demonic eyes on the coastline, the rain forest before Chichén Itzá, the fierce beasts that wreaked havoc in the Colosseum…the bizarre projection of reality in one’s consciousness reflected the hidden place that the sunlight in reality couldn’t touch – the innumerable sins of the human heart."
    ^ this part of the synopsis is actually a brief description of the dreamscapes that Yu Hao and General will experience. Basically, Yu Hao and General goes through each dreamscape to sort of save its dreamer from succumbing to their harsh reality. The dreamer's inner world is 'saved' when the dreamer seizes their totem back (which signifies their future hopes/dreams/their real selves I can't quite remember) and the sun rises in their dreamscape.

"Black dragon roared" is the first dreamscape, and it belongs to Yu Hao (MC). Yu Hao lost his grandmother - his sole guardian - after he graduated from high school, so he was all alone. Coupled with the various setbacks he had to go through in life + the current one where he's being wrongly accused of stealing and is on the verge of being expelled from his college, he tries to commit suicide. That's when General appears and guides him through his dreamscape to help save Yu Hao from his 'hopelessness'. At the end of this first dream, Yu Hao gives General his totem (in the form of a shield) as he wanted to give General something that could protect him. By this point, Yu Hao is already quite attached to General.

"Lighthouse and demonic eyes on the coastline" is the second dreamscape, and it belongs to Yu Hao's tutee who accused him of stealing. Yu Hao and Zhou Sheng realises that there's something wrong with his tutee, like she's being forced to accuse Yu Hao of stealing by her Dad. General had entered her dream alone at first, but because he was in a life and death situation he accidentally summoned Yu Hao into the dreamscape as well. And the reason Yu Hao could enter was because General had taken his totem, so their connection was established in that way. Ok this part of the novel was really quite sad.

The novel never explicitly stated what had happened to her (allllllll up to inference), but It was insinuated quite clearly that her dad had raped her in the study where she and Yu Hao held their tuition sessions. So every time they had tuition in the room, she would get very agitated, and I think the breaking point was when Yu Hao scolded her(?) which appeared like he was forcing her to do something, which scared her A LOT so she ended up framing Yu Hao for stealing. But she's a really really sweet cinnamon roll who's also a very strong young girl (she's only 13 yo), and after Yu Hao and General saves her from her dreamscape she dealt with the situation in reality with a lot of courage.

The dreams are one part of the story that leads to the resolution of problems in reality after that, it's kind of like a fantasy x mystery series lol.

"the rain forest before Chichén Itzá" is the third dreamscape and it belongs to Chen Yekai, Yu Hao and Zhou Sheng's form teacher. This was also a really sad story help.

Will continue spoilers later lmao this is getting a bit long.

Oh before I forget, huge spoiler for those who wanna know:

Zhou Sheng. But this guy deserves a fucking oscar for his acting skills I swear

I love all the characters in this novel so much. One of my all-time faves for sure.

6. Tsukkin

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew it!!! Ah but I mean how?

7. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How he dream travels? He has an artifact he picked up that’s looks like some medallion. It has something to do with some ancient artifact in a museum that I can’t quite remember the details of. And Yu Hao helped him turn it into a bracelet that he wears around his wrist hehe.

[​IMG] It’s that bracelet on his wrist (left guy)

Asami, hikaharu, alexfilia and 8 others like this.
  8. Tsukkin

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaah thanks~ :aww::aww::aww:

9. sari90

sari90 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I figured it was him lol.

I also have a question, do Yu Hao and Zhou Sheng ever get together as a couple? I've read a review that said "you won't find cp pairings here" (and I assume cp means couple?). But I look at the tags and it says "yaoi" and "couple growth" and I'm just "???". I'd read reguardless because so far I'm loving this novel, but I'm very curious as well lol

10. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes they do!! Around chap 80 AND IT'S CUTE AS HECK. What's cp pairings???

Asami and hikaharu like this.
  11. sari90

sari90 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay that's cool then! Can't wait! And honestly I have no clue what cp pairing means. I thought it stood for "couple" which is why I was so confused. :LOL:

And also I want to thank you for translating this series! :X3:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  12. Alymirra

Alymirra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so excited to start reading!!! Perfect amount of spoilers~ Thanks all!

13. thundersh

thundersh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any cute moments after they get together???????
    how did yu hao find out that the general is him???????????????
    PLS help i am really curious nowwww i thought it was chen yekai
    Phew, I almost jumped at the wrong ship :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

14. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading shortly after they got together but it's CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE SUPER CUTE you will melt into a puddle when it happens. And after they get together ML is so freaking proactive MC's just like ????? hahaha oh god. One example is that ML folded paper hearts out of 100 dollar bills for MC whenever they're in class every day and MC's like "100 a day, 3k in one month, you're gonna go broke" (cuz ML doesn't even get $3k as allowance per month but jokes he rich). Those few chaps are just pure dog food all the way and their roommate's like -5 HP, -200 HP, -1000 HP, -5500 HP, it's hilarious.

YH finds out about General's identity through a lot of smart conjectures and testing. The revelation occurs in chap 28/29

Asami, alexfilia, Ease and 6 others like this.
  15. thundersh

thundersh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG SO CUTE, i'll gladly eat all those dogfood :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:
    Thankyouu!!!:bloblove:

16. thundersh

thundersh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone please tell me how they got together? based on what i'm reading right now, yu hao is still a huge general fanboy, did yu hao confess or zhou sheng confess? what is their reaction? why are they so cute please answer me???
    another question: whose dreamscape will they enter after kaikai's? and why is kaikai so hot? big and lively tintin :blobsmirk::blobamused:
    thankyouuuuuuu :aww::aww::aww:

17. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks to @Zryuu for the spoilers.
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @Zennie_613
    @324722

maya_sov, Shizuka15, hmudara and 7 others like this.
  18. thundersh

thundersh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zhen_Qing excuse me may i be added to the danmei sect??? :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
    thankyouuu :aww::aww:

19. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, welcome.

20. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ZHOU SHENG CONFESSED AND IT'S SO JDANFLSJDN SWEEEEEET IT'S GREAT IT'S SUPER WORTH IT!!! YH was so stunned and completely over the moon omg!!!!!

they'll enter his shimu's dreamscape next!! Liang Jinmin, the comatose lady. Coming up soon!! Starting in the next chap to be released :blobsmilehappyeyes:

KAIKAI'S HOT. AND GREAT. EVERYONE LOVES HIM. TIME TO THROW SOME KAIKAI FANART HERE
    L2xXRkJLcUVPOFdOU1ZNU2lHQ3lVZlJTOHU1bFVnakR6N3lYTHdLcWxJaTJNeHNDdm8vWTZnPT0.jpg
    WWdnTkFQcm8yTkd4bEhiOUVVR0Z2cW1yTzkwSVRoWklobGQwbjJUY1ZlR3d0V2FTRHo1UmtBPT0.jpg WWdnTkFQcm8yTkVrdTE3eGRodmlmSjdmWHE4VEdmMno3K3pCNXBFRUJkWTRYZ0t3Y2dPWnVnPT0.png

kiara8, azinine, hikaharu and 5 others like this.