Recommendations Good Shoujo Ai / Yuri

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by GabeZhul, Dec 3, 2018.

1. GabeZhul

GabeZhul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently stumbled upon I Favor the Villainess, and now it left me with a craving for more well-written yuri romance. As for what I mean by well-written:
    -No instant romance, there has to be proper buildup between the characters
    -No harem, just a well developed main couple
    -Some sort of additional plot that gives a structure to the story, but with the romance still being the main focus
    -Gender-bent yuri is fine, but only if it's more than just a cheap gimmick to give the MC a freudian excuse

I tried to just use the NU system, but unfortunately every result was either low-rated, some isekai with the yuri part just thrown in on top, or they only had a handful of translated chapters. Please advise me.

2. SUNOFA

SUNOFA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  3. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
  4. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, I saw the title and wanted to say "I Favor the Villainess", since I enjoy it, but it turned out to be this one xd
    But well, I'm also looking for something similar.
    The only one I can recommend that fits and is really good, is The New Journey of an Old Soul on RRL. And it's finished since long ago, AND it's still quite popular, showing just how good it is. Featuring: OP female (somewhat genderbent) protagonist, +18, yuri, kingdom building, magic, and fire. Lots of fire. Oh, and a little bit of incest. But! It's plot-justified

Sabruness likes this.
  5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Lament of the Fallen, by the same author, is also excellent. It might actually be a tiny bit better than TNJOS.

6. Yauhime

Yauhime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anachronism
    Binary Soul
    A Jaded Life
    ^If ya don't mind RR. Those have relatively short hook-up and are more focused on what's after.

The Voyager Remastered has a decent bit of yuri. Also do check the original version from same author - the plot is different enough to call it an "alternative" at this point.

the-devils-evolution-catalog/ While not tagged as yuri, the mc is in a female body, and his "target" fiancee, childhood_friend, and a few "cultists?" and allies are female... not much romance there right now.

7. Tali

Tali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Yauhime

Yauhime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lia-and-lara-will-seek-the-one-piece Also fits, since MCs are full-time female in this reincarnation... but ya really got to read at least one, better both, previous stories. Since MC starts in original world, reincarnates into naruto world(where most of the romance hookup with second_MC happens), and then they reincarnates into current world. In first s(he) spend most time as a female.

10. SUNOFA

SUNOFA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Melina Red

Melina Red Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The General’s Manor Young Concubine Survival Report
    Mistress, I was wrong
    Female general and elder princess
    Quick Transmigration: Fate Trading System
    Considering the Possibility of Falling in Love With the Villain

12. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hai, hai, i'm coming but looks like the job was already done by everyone else.
    Nice recommendations, thx too. Seconding Binary Soul. Gonna read Anachro and Jaded Life, is there some BIG drama later in the story ? Or it's a light-hearted (yuri) story ?
    When i checked this series (kinda some days ago) i thought it was a hiatus series with low number of chapters but to my surprise (today) it's a recently started yuri one, i didn't check how long ago were posted the chapters. Thx for the recommen.

Sooooo... it's time for MY recommendations ? Okay:

Copy pasting :
    Here is some original yuri stories (caution i spoil quite a bit) on RR:
    Binary Soul (completed): In a city where anything happens like the attack of a reviving necromancer or giant rats or even living piece of furnitures lives our powerful MC magician girl that often get into troubles like scratching too much behind the ears of the beatsmen or beating some drunkards that touched her ass or breasts. Luckily with some jail or some fine she is always released as she is a good girl. One day, a star (looks like) crash into the forest. She will find in there a lover that is in fact herself but in another world (selfcest).

Lily Ex-machina (completed): A girl machinist that is paragon (a classification of power user = max) with her power of control (of stuff she touches but considered quite useless), dreams to become popular with her work. One day she decides with her childhoodfriend and the group of mercenaries/adventurers she works with to go to the last lvl discovered in the labyrinth/dungeon that the city manages to find new metals to become popular with the discovery. But in there she will wakes up something terrific. And also discover a robot that will becomes her lover.

For BS, the biggest positive point of it is the fact that nothing bad happens (at least to the MC and lover) so go read it with a happy heart and expect some comedy.
    For LEM, there is quite a lot of drama.

A other recent RR yuri masterpiece:
    I came back in order to see you (still on-going) (author said: no angst in the future making it a huge 20/20 from me)

End of copy paste.

Yuri tag:
    Rose in a Yuri Field not really what you want but suggesting it just in case, futanari 18+ sex scenes
    Being Recognized as an Evil God, I Changed My Job to Guardian Deity of the Beastmen Country hmmmmm, kinda lacking but kinda acceptable yuri
    Adachi to Shimamura something i'm interested in (didn't read yet) that i wish someone would translate it, gonna read it now

Shoujo ai tag (just think of it as a 2nd yuri and NU sucking because Alice Tale is pretty yuri with sex and yuri daughters):
    Alice Tale in Phantasmagoria harem but strangely some girls are kinda ignored (0 sex for them compared to the 2 main harem girls) and sadly 2 girls die, no idea if they will revive or not, also you need to read it on other websites
    When TS High School Boys Are Too Adaptable only if just like me you got perseverance because a bunch of chapters and still no clear yuri in sight, i continue to read it despite the boringness only because i want to see the yuri appear
    Is the Strongest in Another World a Hero? A Demon Lord? No! it’s a Fairy ~desu! translator responded my comment/spoiled me that it will be pretty yuri later (right now it looks like friendship shoujo ai with MC one-sided feelings of love for FL and FL being too young mentally for it/love)
    My Disciple Wants to Tease Me Every Day again something i want translated, think of it as a teaser, and melt seeing MC-FL together

After everything, join us on Yuri Garden (NUForum) to talk about them. Also you will find some original yuri oneshots in NUForum (links in Yuri Garden).

Deleted member 125960, Tali and Reddu like this.
  13. Reddu

Reddu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why nobody has mentioned this one but I will. Try reading Flow on RR.

- No instant romance, there is definitely the character buildup between the love interests you are looking for.
    - I don't think there will be a harem (Because the author has not said anything about it, and there are no tags for harem).
    - This is the only point which contradicts your request. Although the romance is not the main focus in the story, it's still the most driving force for MC to continue her journey and go through any hardship the author throws on her way.

And also I'm happy to say that this story has over 250 chapters, and they are not even close to being short.

Sabruness likes this.
  14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    A little interested in it. Can you spoil us ? I'm afraid of the hardships that will happen to MC and the "E.Vil" titles name. In fact i'm always afraid of any kind of drama.

15. Reddu

Reddu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is pretty much hardship going on in the fiction. Because it's also tagged as Grimdark.

So not to spoil too much of the story I try to answer your question as to why there is this "E.Vil".

Basically, something happens when the MC and the girl she is infatuated are captured and when it's their time to escape, MC's love interest is forced to leave MC behind because she would just slow them and all of them would be recaptured. After this MC kinda promises to herself that she will make her love interest feel the same pain that she felt (Emotionally and physically) and then be together with her afterward. (Kinda illogical but it's a small theme going on with MC).

E.Vil comes from her choosing name for herself when she is masking herself as someone else, just so she could plan and go through her plans for the person she loves. It was something like Elizabeth something.

As for drama? Well, if you can stomach that MC is slightly disoriented by her emotions and drive for revenge to inflict the same pain as she herself has suffered, then I will just say straight up that there is much drama going on. Otherwise, this fiction is a great work and the plot has been nicely built and there doesn't have many glaring plotholes.

If you have more questions, I'm happy to answer them :)

16. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Geeeeeeh, kinda don't want to read anymore. But still a little interested for what will MC do to FL and maybe see fluffy yuri flirting when they reconcile.
    I didn't even finish chapter 1 that my mind broke because of how strange and interesting that was.

Edit: "RoyalPavement!" PUH ! *surprised/stopped spit laugh* Did the author makes a reference to RoyalRoad ? omg...... XD

Tali likes this.
  17. Reddu

Reddu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny thing is that FL starts to develop feelings to MC when she's masking herself as Elizabeth. Oh, the drama from that has not even started yet.

18. GabeZhul

GabeZhul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I think I will check out The Villainess Blooms and Binary Souls. I actually read The New Journey of an Old Soul, but I think I dropped it halfway through, because they way every single named character wanted to get into the protagonist's panties got really tiresome after a while. As for the rest, I have either already read them, checked them out and decided not to read them, or just simply don't tickle my fancy. I appreciate the recommendations all the same.

19. Haylias

Haylias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Villainess Blooms kind of veers off the cute yuri path towards a mishmash of plot that doesn't go anywhere because the author put it on hiatus. Take it from the guy who translated it.

I'm slowly working on a new yuri series that should be much more fluffy, though you might want to wait until I get more chapters out.

20. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Um it's kinda insta-romance, at least on the MC's part. Then again the MC is basically a yandere, so I guess it's to be expected that she acts the way she does. It's rather annoying in fact, at least where I left off. Honestly, though, besides Ass-face, the MC is the most irritating character in the story thus far. Basically, I've been reading it despite her, as opposed to because of her. The Rizsk as a fascinating non-human species and the mystery behind the flow are the things I'm really interested.