Discussion Your Thoughts On "True Martial World".

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ZeroIn, Jul 12, 2016.

?

**(Read the post before voting) * How does the story feel in terms of progress ?

This poll will close on Jul 12, 2026 at 12:48 AM.
  1. Fast

0.9%
  2. Neutral

47.0%
  3. Slow

32.5%
  4. Very Slow

11.1%
  5. Extremely Slow.

8.5%
  1. jagged

jagged #1 Protester

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to say this but both TMW and MW bore me, the mcs are not entertaining in the least they're too dry and overall emo, not to mention this far into the story and both of the mcs for those stories are weak compared to most of the geniuses around their age, unlike Chu Feng and Yue Che who not to mention being strong manage to make me laugh, now you say that MGA is reusing plotlines? But as long as it keeps me entertained then why not do so? Are you saying classical music is shitty because it doesn't create new songs often? No, many would praise it for each persons take on the song marked down in legend.

2. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    Well considering that i get to "read" (lately i just skim through ,sorry)14 chapters a week , it really doesn't annoy me the pacing , tho if i were reading 3 chapters a week , maybe i'd find it annoying.
    My problem with TMW is that i never connected with the mc and even less with the side characters , dunno why .I guess i don't like the author's style.

3. jagged

jagged #1 Protester

Reading List:
    Link
    Read TMW during that arc where he was in a desolate beast contest if you think a story that slow is a good read then I pity you.

4. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pacing is a big part of what makes a good story, good.

5. wazyx93

wazyx93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thing there is to much of useless stuff explained that should have been explained when MC is stronger. Author should focus more on world MC is right now and only focus on worlds above after MC strength is at least 1 realm below experts of higher world.

Oh by the way anyone knows what cultivation does Shen Tu Nantian compared to Yi Yun??

Winged Basilisk likes this.
  6. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    As I read Berserk I can't really complain.P

7. MagicalShorts

MagicalShorts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the problem with TMW is the dialogue is poor sometimes. A lot of novels have similar problems. There's too much posturing, too much talking of face, too much nonsense. Like when Yi Yun was at the desolate heaven master tea session. There was a chapter or two of reaction that I started to skim through because nothing was happening. Enough of the slander and faces turning ugly, just get to the point.

I do still read TMW though and generally enjoy it.

8. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand things like reputation and face..I can understand even some of the stretched reactions where people completely throw away all their face..due to a little grievance. However its quite literally within every dozen chapters 2-3 of them will be reactions of the audience. As much as I love the novel, its a bit much at times.

9. Blcktron

Blcktron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As an avid listener as well as a Violinist, such a terrible analogy using classical music.... each age and genre in classical music has it's own nuances that separates from it's predecessors. I would describe the world and character building as a crescendo. Lin Ming is the exact same as Yun Che and Chu Feng, overly powerful MC that no one can stand above and all the women want them. But MGA relies on it so heavily it becomes bland, you don't even need to read to know whats going to happen, at least the other 3 novels there is some deviation.

10. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the reasons I have a bit more respect for TMW is because from the beginning, it presented a weakling in a world with Immortals, and followed the growth of that weakling among others more powerful then himself. I'd respect it more if the author hadn't gone to the 'different powerlevel continents' route, but it's xianxia fantasy webnovel that the author is pulling out of their ass as they go along - no real plot arcing (according to the authors own frequent 'hey I'm sick today and don't know what I want to write' notes).

11. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    Very slow and i like it that way.

12. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I voted as slow, but not in a bad way. Slow pacing isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I use this novel to cultivate patience.

13. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read Ze Tian Ji ._. ....enuf said lol

14. jagged

jagged #1 Protester

Reading List:
    Link
    You have far more patience than me good sir I dropped it when I started to realize he wasn't ever going to cultivate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2016
  15. ZeroIn

ZeroIn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    disagreed, 500 chapter and i can only remember 20 chapter worth of stuff

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  16. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    He does though, so your realization is a bit off...

17. jagged

jagged #1 Protester

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but by the point I was at early in the TL, I wasn't going to keep my hopes up.

18. kuppy123

kuppy123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shen Tu Nantian is a little behind Lin family girl (sorry, having a brain fart and can't remember her name). A few chapters back she said she is near the peak of Dao Seed. So Nantian should be at the later stages of Dao Seed as well. Yi Yun just stepped into Dao Seed. So Yi Yun is closing the gap but is still far behind

19. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no complain with the current pace

20. TheNoraShinki

TheNoraShinki 『Cryo's Esper』『Cryo's Silly Husband』

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels on Qidan are paid by characters so it's somewhat understandable that the author might want to fluff it up a bit I guess.

I feel TMW is slow, but not unbearably slow, I think some of us just got spoiled by the initial fast pace CK took to catch up to the raws.

That being said, I prefer to binge read TMW in arcs, as I feel I get more enjoyment out of it in that way.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    devastation likes this.