Discussion A Monster Who Levels Up-Fan Alternate ending

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by jason3893, Nov 28, 2018.

1. jason3893

jason3893 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As with most people I didn't like the ending of the novel so I ending up writing a little thing for how I wanted the novel to end. I'm not great at writing and horrible at creating dialogue (still tried a couple of times). It at least has the basic ideas of what I wanted the ending to be. Some parts may be inconsistent cause I didn't proofread it. Just something I thought I'd put out there.

It starts at the end of the guild members meeting that happens after the final battle

Then it was midnight and there was no more chance for him to come that day.
    Sae-Jung returned to her lonely home and continued to wait. She would keep waiting and never give up, believing in his promise to return.
    Fall, winter, spring, summer, fall, winter....seasons passed.
    It was Sae-Jung's 30th birthday. As one of the most influential women with her positions in the Dawn and TM, she held a grand celebration with guests from around the world. Guests who would usually be found on TV or movies. She talked with the fellow guild members. With Kim Yu-Rin, with Hazeline. She enjoyed her party, but her smile was not the brightest it could be. It would never be the brightest it could be, as long as he wasn't around. A small commotion breaks out at the entrance of the facility. Sae-Jung, Yu-Rin, and Hazeline hear it and see the security guards of TM go towards the entrance. With an side-ways glance Hazeline sees what's happening at the entrance. A man in a suit is standing in front of the guards. He has decent height and a robust build. She returns he sight to Sae-Jung. She remember the back of that man. The one whom she fell for but could not have. The man who had disappeared. She remembered his face, his build, his voice. Hearing the commotion continue at the entrance she takes another quick look; however this time she notices something. Something familiar. It wasn't exactly the same as the man she just thought about but there were similarities. And then it struck her like lightening. She taped Yu-Rin's shoulder and pointed at the entrance. Confused Yu-Rin looked at the entrance and became upset. Why was there someone creating a disturbance at her friend celebration? As she was about to head for the entrance to deal with this person herself, she stopped in her tracks. Something was familiar. Too familiar to be just a coincidence. Seeing the confused faces of both of them, Sae-Jung also got curious and looked. She saw a familiar build that was a bit smaller than before. She saw the face that wasn't as sharp and well defined as before, but had the same lines and features. She slowly placed the glass in her hand down and began to walk. People she passed instinctively congratulated her as she passed but then paused noticing her expression. Their gazes followed hers. As she walked step by step, she began to tremble. She saw the habits she would never forget. She heard the voice that wasn't as deep as before but still oh so familiar. She saw the eyes that she had once looked down upon. She got out from among the crowd and stood there looking at his face. The gaurds noticed her and apologized for allowing this mess to continue for as long as it did. The man saw her face and her expression. A wry smile crept onto his face. A small voice crept out,
    "...Oppa?.."
    Scratching the back of his neck, "Sorry I'm late."
    A few seconds of silence passed. Only whispers could be heard. Tears began to form in her eyes and roll down her cheeks. She took two staggering steps and then began to run towards him. They embraced each other as she sobbed, holding him tighter and tighter. Making sure this was not just another dream, that this was real, and he would not disappear as she woke up in her empty bed. He gave her a light kiss on her forehead as they embraced, tears welling up in his eyes.
    "I'm home."
    "Hick...hick...sob....Welcome home,...sob....Oppa."

Bazikiller, Beltran, raysha18 and 2 others like this.
  2. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    *fan alternate ending

Shield Loyalist and Wujigege like this.
  3. Eklair

Eklair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need to add the word fan to title post.

4. jolaloye

jolaloye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well done putting effort into doing this!

5. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Good job!(y)

Now make another one with a harem route ending.:aww:

Brago130sf and Harry like this.
  6. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Good job!

Also space the text into paragraphs so it’s not just a wall of text.

Beltran likes this.
  7. JerryHatrick

JerryHatrick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it really amusing. Take a story, doesn't matter if it's bad, good or amazing, add in amnesia and the story becomes easily forgettable.
    Perhaps the story was so shit even the MC didn't want to remember it.

8. Otherside79

Otherside79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have read the original story to the last chapter than all I can say is that people have different tastes and opinoins, I won't shove my beliefs down your throat but I will say that I disagree with you.
    If you haven't, than please stop trying to act all cool and stuff, its making you look stupid.

9. JerryHatrick

JerryHatrick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the cool kids like to follow up with an insult.
    Just saying. I think the author should have stopped at the end of the boss fight instead of playing dodgeball and trying to breed with a doorknob to mpreg a few more chapters.
    Though I suppose if he did that, people would just find something else to complain about like not putting them together again even though that ended up being lukewarm.
    The only thing that redeemed the ending somewhat was seeing how devoted she was to him.

10. Otherside79

Otherside79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed.