Question How Yaoi is it?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ShadowkingMS, Dec 11, 2018.

1. ShadowkingMS

ShadowkingMS [Sheng gi’s Servant][Main Character Failure]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been recommended and seen multiple recommendations for Quickly wear the face of the devil. I'm not into yaoi and therefore want to know how descriptive the interactions are between the leads, or if I'm able to skip any of it while still understanding the story since obviously it's a good Novel.

2. Matthew9999

Matthew9999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's honestly not too bad. To the people that I recommend they tell me that's is enough bl where people who enjoy that genre like it, yet not enough that it takes away from the story

3. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're not into yaoi, it's best to stay away from any yaoi tag since it will involve…yaoi stuff. Shounin ai is the lesser version that just has pretty boys, teenage romance sort of thing that can be sidelined.

Best thing to do is just skip those series imo. Those tags are just for fujoshis and danmei lovers.

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you even read his thread? He wanted to read it without the yaoi part. So he asked whether it can be skipped or not

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like, the first popular novel of the genre so it stuck to the people and get recommended repeatedly. It's like how CD or ISSTH got recommended until this day.

If you want something that is intriguing, thrilling and the BL romance is not so prominent (and I'm pretty sure the translator have the NSFW version under locks for those who wants to view it) you can try reading The Earth is Online. My advice is, don't start reading it until you can spare a long time to sit down and read.

6. Jass

Jass Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobthinkingsmirk:rather than the yaoi, I'd ask if you like the genre of world hopping

Quickly wear the face of the devil centers around world hopping, which means stories are separated by its own arcs, and with each arc, theres a different world that comes with it. The positive thing is that you don't have to read all of the arcs to understand, since each arc is its own separate story in its own little world. Don't like how an arc is turning out? you can skip it consequence free.

The bad part comes from the flaw of it being a world hopping novel. Each little story usually spans for a few chapters. This means there's not a lot of depth. The characters are all shallow because not enough time can be given for them to develop more. The world, while potentially interesting, isn't given much info to world-build either.

alas, Quickly wear the face of the devil is supposedly meant to be a parody so underdevelopment is understandable.

but the problem is, could you enjoy that sort of thing? its rated highly not for the story, but on more on how fun and parodying it is on other dramatic rom coms.

if you're more into story heavy things this might not be the right BL novel for you. If it is, well give it a shot.