Spoiler The Death Mage that doesn't want a Fourth Time

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Liron, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who read the raws can answer a few question?
    Has Van faced this Amemiya guy and Naruse? Are they at odds or they kind of brushed it off with a 'sorry'?
    Rodcorte manipulated what he showed the reincarnators about Van to make him seem like a villain? (if there was any after the Kanata guy)
    How many jobs Van had at this point? Is there an ending on sight or are we far from it? (Considering the pacing of what was translated, 250 chapters should be close to the endgame, right?)

lazynoodles likes this.
  2. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, thanks for the info!

3. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be specific, Amemiya and Naruse haven't died and reincarnated to Lambda yet, they're still on Origin. However, due to plot devices a fragment of Van's soul has shown up as a sort of guardian spirit/stand for Mei, their daughter, and has been guarding her from the shadows. Mei also has Death element magic power that will be targeted by forces on Origin. At the current point in the raws Van hasn't revealed himself to anyone but Mei and her older brother, but it's looking like in the very near future there will be an attempt to kidnap Mei, which may end up with Van revealing his presence there, possibly even to the point of having to summon his main body from Lambda.

There's no end in sight. With the most recent translated chapters the first big mcguffin of his mother is solved, but there's still a lot more stuff to come. There's a bunch of reincarnators on Lambda to be taken care of with more to come. Heinz's party is still out there, and sooner or later there will be a big battle between Van and the Gods. There's still one more evil vampire lord remaining as well. In addition, about one book later Van will make another attempt to join human society, become an adventurer, etc. This attempt will be considerably more successful and last a lot longer. We're still kind of continuing down that story line at the current point in the raws.

4. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not surprised at all. I just wonder what will ahppen at that point when Van shows himself. Maybe get the blessing of the Gods of Origin? Or eventually take Mei to Lambda or seal her death magic or something so she won’t be a target anymore. And who the hell would be able to kidnap the daughter of two Bravers under their nose in Origin?

About Van, I think it is clear from the translated chapters that soon enough he will reach the point of becoming a God, I bet it will be just a matter of people seeing him like one, akin to a title. His followers are starting to do so, and so he has started to give them blessings through guidances, although he is not a real god yet. I just don’t know why he still wants to join human society, he knows his circumstances better than anyone, and I heard he is now powerful to the point of being S Rank or above that by himself after his puberty.

5. Light Novel Reader

Light Novel Reader New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that Narumi can meet Van soon and discover the truth. I hope that jerk 'Amemiya Hiroto' feel depressed and guilty when Narumi choose Van when she discover the truth and abandon him. I can't continue read this novel if i don't know how Narumi react when she discover the truth...it feels bad in my heart. (sorry for my bad english)

6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of these are answered in the main spoiler thread, I think there are like 2-3 extra ones for Death mage.
    It depends on where you are, but she does find out eventually.
    He is not a jerk, and never was. She also chooses to stay with him. She has an extremely weak connection to Van (1 interaction 30+ years ago) in comparison to her husband (a decade of marriage).
    Go to the main spoiler thread, and look for the section where everything hits the fan in Origin /Avalon starts actively sending people to kill other Bravers.