Changing tablet: ipad pro 11 vs samsung tab s4

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by kiriya, Dec 15, 2018.

1. kiriya

kiriya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I am looking for people who have used either or both of the devices and could recommend which one would be better. Currently I am using google tab 7'' (2013) and mostly use it tablet for reading and watching movies. I tried googling for differences between these two devices, but both seem kinda similar, so I would like to hear hear from people who use them actually.

2. GoldenGoose

GoldenGoose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They both are pretty similar performance wise. Choose the operation system you want. I prefer android to IOS but I know people who like IOS better.

3. apeasley

apeasley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a fan of just about any apple products, mainly cause they charge you and extra 300 bucks just for the damn logo on it. With that being said, iOS is easy to use, but I still prefer android. Especially if you use google services, which is where I upload my ebooks to, google play books is excellent for that imo.

Edit: After looking into it, seems like most of the google services are available on iOS as well, just not quite as well integrated as it is on android.

4. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xiaomi Mi Pad is also a good choice. Cheap price with good specs and its pretty lightweight.

5. Temujin

Temujin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had more trouble uploading Gutenburg books through the iPad my dad gave me. So I am not a fan of iOS anymore. Nothing like losing your place in Dracula repeatedly.

I heard scattered accounts of Samsung sending ads to your phone through notifications. But be adviced to do research on it if you want to jailbreak it.

If you have a tech security job it might be good to avoid Alexa and keep it from using your words as keywords in it. I've gotten ads for my real life medical needs after I went in without turning my phone off. Awful, mentally draining feeling to have my TMI medical needs advertised back at me. -_-

Otherwise, I advise you to not spend more than 300 dollars on a tablet. Very disappointed with my overpriced beefer tablet that failed to hold a charge after six months. Dang it Lenovo.