Welp...I need glasses now

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xlfighter, Jul 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. @

@ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My eyes've been screwed a long time ago. Now I'm looking for a Japtem Light Theme to lessen my suffering, to no avail.

2. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome, to the blind side!
    Audiobooks will be your closest friends.

Kisuru likes this.
  3. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think my eyes deteriorated pretty bad too. been reading manga, lightnovel, and watching anime for 10 years and the way I see it.
    You have a legal reason to wear glasses now.

4. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Kagami Ren

Kagami Ren General of Satans 5th army

Reading List:
    Link
    I have glasses but never real used it. Cuz my Sight is Quite good. Among the best of my Race :3

6. feyrin

feyrin Night time tyrant

Reading List:
    Link
    what are these "glasses" everyone is talking about. all i have is my removable bio-ocular lens'.

7. Fierbras

Fierbras Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been wearing glasses for awhile and I wish you luck. To those that still have their sight, follow the healthy diet some above suggested and occasionally read outside. Your eyes need that natural sunlight. Also take some time to stare at something far away, your eyes will degrade when they become accustomed to focusing on an object so close to your face. And finally it could just be heriditary, in which case welcome to the blind side.

8. Accidentally

Accidentally Random Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost all of people comment here used glasses.

HentaiMegane

9. xlfighter

xlfighter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Sylpheed

Sylpheed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well on the bright side u can do this~
    (  ̄▽ ̄) welcome to evil glasses club[​IMG]

11. Kisuru

Kisuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't take my glasses off. Everything becomes fuzz. If I had contacts i wouldn't be able to find them to put them in.

12. Devils

Devils Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who has wore glasses their whole life. I can confidently say they really arent bad at all. Most of the time you forget you're even wearing them. Ive never tried contacts but i hear they suck so i wouldnt recommend them

13. Monkoto

Monkoto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a common misconception that reading, playing games, or watching shows in a low-light environment will guarantee an intense drop in a person's vision. It's actually only a factor in the degradation of one's vision. The largest factor is... well genetics.

If either or both parents require corrective lenses to see anything beyond 8ft (or 2.5m), then chances are their children will most likely require it as well in their lifetime. No worries, correction to your sight is only a pain in the ass at the start. Once your eyes adapt to the whole new concept of seeing with corrections, you'll be happy to have them in your life!

How do I know all of this? This is my field as an Optician~

If you have any questions in regards to this, just contact me or.. reply to this post~ I'll be more than happy to answer them for you!

P.S. About glasses vs contacts, there's a lot of debates about them but I can tell you.. either will work and its just a matter of preference. In the end, the cost of going either route will be roughly the same in the loooong run, unless of course.. you're wearing daily disposable contacts (priciest).

Fierbras likes this.
  14. wazyx93

wazyx93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same happened to me, but only after 2 years of reading novels.

15. xlfighter

xlfighter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is it okay to use someone elses glasses while you can see using them

16. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Back in 2008 I was still reading three times a day and finally had to get glasses. I made the mistake of getting transitions on a small pair of rectangular lenses. Don't do that lol.

Only one bad eye so I don't even know where my glasses are anymore! I do have a restriction that I have to have a left outside mirror when driving...

17. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that i mean to be rude, but as aspiring medical professional, i need to say that while using computers for prolonged periods of time it known to cause computer vision syndrome (CVS) It's only temporary. If your wearing glasses all of a sudden it's probably due to your genes (like your family might be full of people who wear glasses, but you, that is until now). This is what happened to me.

And before anyone argues check it:
    http://www.bausch.com/your-eye-conc...ons/computer-vision-syndrome-cvs#.V4UTB7grKUk

http://lifehacker.com/staring-at-a-screen-wont-permanently-damage-your-eyes-1535259194

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Does-looking-at-a-computer-damage-your-eyes.aspx

EDIT: Also, while it wont happen quickly (Usually over a period of ~ 5-10 years), using technology during low light situations for long periods of time will damage your eyesight, but not that you would not be able to see, but your ability to adapt to different light levels and different distances would fall

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Fierbras and Arcturus like this.
  18. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought only looking at close up objects didn't exercise your eyes enough, and that was what caused the degradation.

19. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    You probably shouldn't do that, cause while another person's glasses may improve your vision, they may be prescribed to that person for a totally different reason. While this isn't common, but there are certain conditions that they may have that would render using their glasses a threat to your eyes

Nom de Plume and sidtz like this.
  20. Monkoto

Monkoto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do not do this. The prescription in the lenses were fine-tuned to another person. It's possible that the prescription is close to or is somewhat similar to what would be good for your eyes, but it'll cause your eyes to accommodate and strain to see truly well. It's also possible that it'll worsen your eyesight in the long run as your eyes have adapted to wearing corrective lenses, but with something that is possible stronger or weaker then what you're required. The longer you allow this to continue, the more irreversible it'll become. This sounds terrible and all, but the actual severity of it will vary. However, being cautious is the best approach!

I'm assuming it'll be the first time you'll be wearing corrective lenses, so please try not to self-medicate without prior approval from a professional or your doctor.

Nom de Plume and sidtz like this.