Spoiler The Rebirth of an Ill-Fated Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Jiye, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Amia_15

Amia_15 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter does that happen in?

2. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link

There's a lot of other things going on at the same time tho, so it's pretty roller coaster-y. I have to say, one needs to take a step back and see the big picture to understand what goes on in LFY's head because he doesn't leave verbal clues like, ever. Everything he thinks or feels is shown in the eyes and movements (or pauses, at that) instead.

Enough derailing this thread tho! Come to volare Discord or PGC spoiler thread if you wanna chat.

3. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I absolutely agree with you! LOL ML of Malicious empress is more realistic than other MLs who instantly falls in love.

4. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I am still wondering, how ML explain his action helping the sister to MC? Like, is he actually tell MC he's mistaken her sister as his savior?

UltimateFangirl likes this.
  5. Jcat2404

Jcat2404 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me how old the prince is? I'm having a hard time figuring it out.
    From the first chapter i thought he was a little boy (when he died) so I assumed he was a little baby or not born yet, but from this thread it seems like he is older than i'm imagining.
    :blobupset:

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  6. Eristol

Eristol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me about the fate of every single member of the Jiang family? Like the shu daughters, the concubines, Jiang Quan himself and Xia Yan and their 2 children?

TyShaye and bleedingliar24 like this.
  7. Milk Tea

Milk Tea New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which Prince?

For the ML (Xiao Shao, Prince Jing Yin), he's around 8-10 years older than MC.

For her adopted son in the past life, Xuan Pei, he's around 6-7 years younger than MC.
    Jiang family reputation keeps on plummeting because of what happens to Xia family and his kids' actions. After MC gets married to ML, she breaks of the familial relationship between them (initially she's supposed to let out half of her blood but then ML and brother stop her because they don't want her to be hurt) and sues (not sure if this is the right word) him for all the bad things he's done to MC, brother and mother. By that time, MC's status as Hong An JunZhu and ML's wife (wangfei) is enough to make the judge be more biased towards her. Also, Jiang Quan's new wife, Xia Yu (Xia Yan's cousin) helps MC implant evidence for Jiang Quan's crimes. Jiang Quan is thrown in jail and isn't really mentioned after that. I'm assuming he died in jail.
    She tries to get MC framed for killing her unborn child but it backfires on her when MC reverse frames her for having an illicit relationship. She actually miscarried her child a few days before that because of a plot between MC and Hong Ying (5th concubine) but she didn't want to let the opportunity go to slander MC. Afterwards, Jiang Quan throws her into the family temple. She later gets killed by her own son because he didn't want her bad reputation to affect him.
    She tried to seduce ML when he came to Jiang Fu (plot with 5th concubine) with her new "dark arts" used to seduce men. That failed and MC/ML threw her out to the streets so that everyone could see her half-naked state. Later, she tattles to her dad and tries to blame everything on MC; dad kinda bought it. A bunch of beggers come to Jiang Fu to claim her for marriage (ancient cultures = see a girl's body, have to marry her). Jiang Quan obviously refuses since JSS is his fav daughter and wants to send her to a faraway temple for a few years and take her back when the 8th Prince that they're supporting wins the throne. JSS doesn't want to go and half way escapes, following a letter from a "gongzi" (actually written by MC) to meet in the woods. She gets captured by mountain bandits and raped. After a week or so, her brother finds her and kills her to preserve his reputation in the future. Then her brother kills Xia Yan.
    He worked with the 8th Prince and Xia cousin to mess with the food that has to be sent to ML and MC's brother's armies. MC knows of his plan and then frames him and Xia cousin for setting all the food on fire. JC and Xia cousin get sent to prison. Xuan Pei suggests to emperor to take all of Xia family's wealth and exile them. JC and Xia family get killed on the way to exile by the 8th Prince.
    The two first "steal" Jian Dan (4th sister's) marriage with this wealthy official. Jiang Li and future husband plots with Consort Chen (8th prince's mother, she has a weird crush on ML) to get 3rd Prince (dandy, has like 100 concubines) to rape ML on JL and husband's wedding night. ML rescues MC on time and throws 3rd Prince in with Jiang Li and husband. They end up having a threesome that is discovered the day after. 3rd Prince is killed by ML. Jiang Li loses all her reputation and dies after a few weeks. Her mother, 2nd Concubine, is instigated by Jiang Dan to believe that MC is the reason why her daughter died and 2nd Concubine plots against MC by asking her old lover, who's that main guy in the Justice Division, to place a false crime on MC and gets her thrown in jail. ML gets 2nd Concubine's family's and old lover's cases of corruption in the open. 2nd Concubine goes crazy after realizing she destroyed her whole family by going against MC and is beheaded.
    She goes into the palace and quickly gained the favour of the emperor. After the trial between MC and Jiang Quan, she is afraid that MC will discover that it's actually her who poisoned MC's mother (MC already knew beforehand) and wants to make a move before MC (the trial is actually part of MC's plan against her). At that point, she's in cahoots with the 8th Prince but 8th prince doesn't want to help her get rid of ML/MC yet because they're too powerful. She then switches to 5th Prince and they hatch up a plan to frame MC/ML for gravely injuring the Crown Prince at the royal family hunt. Later, JD and 5th Prince get caught doing snu snu by emperor, other concubine, MC/ML and 8th Prince. She tries to accuse MC/ML of harming the Crown Prince at this point to save herself. MC/ML knows about her plan and they added people from the 8th Prince and emperor's guard to destroy it. ML's doctor friend takes Jiang Dan's pulse because Jiang Dan keeps on insisting that MC must be framing her and 5th Prince. It's announced that she's pregnant (she isn't, MC bribed the doctor lol). It's part of MC's plan as there's a specific way of executing a woman who's pregnant with a child that's not from her husband - using a big stone pulled by an ox to run over the woman's stomach area until she becomes a pancake... :blobfearful:
    She becomes super favoured by Jiang Quan and plots with JSS to harm MC. MC gets an imperial doctor to come and check on her since she's "pregnant" with Jiang Quan's child. She acts all nervous because she's actually not pregnant, and ever since Xia Yan's incident, Jiang Quan is super sensitive to these topics. Jiang Quan notices and they get into an argument. He kicked her stomach and 2 pillows fell out. But then she actually started to have a miscarriage... no one knew she was actually pregnant. She dies a few weeks later as Jiang Quan kept abusing her.
    Has a super secret identity that's important for the last part of the novel...
    Princess from Nan Jiang that was in love with ML's dad and killed ML's mother
    Not going to spoiler much more since it's so long and important for the last bit of of the story but basically at the very end, she tried to harm MC/ML's kids by tying them to her own life using Gu, which didn't work (some sort of ancient dark magic), and then committed suicide by jumping off the city wall in a red wedding dress. She was pretty crazy.

I think that's everyone lol.

8. Eristol

Eristol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaah, not a single good person in the entire residence? I hoped that at least Jiang Dan will turn out to be good. I'm amazed Zhao Mei actually lived long enough to give birth to a son and daughter in this rotten house!

9. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    What actually happened to MC's brother? How she can save him?

10. Jcat2404

Jcat2404 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant her adopted son, I had a hard time placing him :) How he was mistreated and murdered in the first chapter is still one of the worst things that was done.
    Thank you for your help :)

kurohamukami and bleedingliar24 like this.
  11. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is a tad bit annoying to me and made me realize that ML doesn't deserve the Mc.

12. Inaira

Inaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have summaries for each chapters.
    And please post more spoilers about MC and her adopted son.

13. Pafs

Pafs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC figured it out herself + he confirmed.

kurohamukami and bleedingliar24 like this.
  14. Dioning

Dioning Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the ML in the previous life doesnt have some sort of feeling toward the stepsister ? Afterall he thought she was the one who helped him when he was young right ?

@Milk Tea what about the grandma ? Would she die ?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  15. Pafs

Pafs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep nope, even in this incarnation he could see through the fakeness of the stepsister and consider helping while on boat as one-time repayment.

UltimateFangirl and stumblmer like this.
  16. mmem

mmem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What ever happens to MC’s two servants? In the first life one gets killed by MC’s dad and the 2nd one was last seen running away with MC’s adopted son who later got captured s Mostly I want to know if 2nd servant betrayed MC in past life or really did have a bad end off page?

17. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    holyfuk.........father, 2nd wife, all the concubines, son n daughter, is there cousin and or nephew get left out? very surprised, no mother/father in laws?? XDD
    the whole family....so, it's like the root is rotten, then the branch and fruit is too?!

18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone share what or how does MC (JR) get her revenge on the Li, Xia families?
    Is Empress Dowager recognized MC or soemthing?

19. Xhuomi

Xhuomi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    Can anyone tell me in which chapter she go to rescue her brother ? + also will her mother family show up in any chapter?
    I'm trying to mlt but after the festival in the boat it kind become hard to under standard ~.~

UltimateFangirl likes this.
  20. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read future chapters from MTL, so might be wrong.

She managed to know where his brother stationed, and planned to ask her mother family (a miitary general family with power and money) to protect him, because the stepmother also found out and planned to kill him with the other powerful families.
    She knew there'll be flood so she used that as a means to gain trust from her mother family (the Zhao). She gave free porridge to victim and said it was from the Zhao general. Also, she saved Zhao's grandson from possible murder (if i'm not wrong, MTL), Zhao Yi and gained more trust from ZY.
    I dont remember in what chapters, probably around chapter 70ish.