Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry:I haven’t herd of this shit before! O well, I will still watch it and inform u. Probs gonna through my device, and cry cringen at the out come. o_O Internally Haten if some random no name character Lan Yi get in the way/end up wif him, like who da fuck she haaaaaa? I don’t think think they would make a non existent character end up with him. Lol me just hopen she dat bitch, yeh u know dat women dat I hate. Any way beautiful men with long black hair, wearing hanfu. That smile to boot is gonna make it worth it.

And I know! His smile on point totally befitting of Wei Ying. So yes I’ll tell u if there’s a female character getting in the way, or not. Mian Mian I love her I hope they do her justice!!!!!!
    I’m gonna ball my ass out when my girls die again :blobsob: honestly I’m watching it for the comparisons. I also want to see how they can make changes, making the audience no less intrigued. I want actually hate on it unless they make Wei Wuxian end up with a chick like what?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I, too, cannot move on from MDZS. So I am planning a fanfic with a twist on it. I hope soon I'll be able to bring up the first chapter!

3. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsleepless:.... I mean Canon ones like Mian Mian just the way it is in the book. JUST FLIRTING NOT ENDING UP WITH HER. No way!!! :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:
    Yanli, Wen Qing or even WEN NING WHOEVER IT IS, NO MATTER HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM. Let him be single for life or even die, BUT NOOO!!!! I CANT SEE THIS FARCE!!! WangXian is freaking more important to me than my birth religion.

4. LoveYou59seconds

LoveYou59seconds Hanannananannannnannannananananannaannananana

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! I remembered her! She's actually Wei Wu Xian's foster sister and Jiang Cheng's sister. She's also Jin Ling's mother:blobpopcorn_cool: Don't freak out sis:cookie:

Edit: oh wait! I'm not sure:sweating_profusely:

Edit2: oh yeah! I'm pretty sure! Yu ZiYuan is their mother and Wei Wu Xian's foster mother. :blobthinkingsmirk: That's what I remember. They got so many names :'(

Edit3: I think its another name of Jian Yangli? Hmm:blobthinkingsmirk:

Edit4: oh wait? Isn't the name Lan are only used from Gu Su Lan Clan? I think Lan Yi can either be Lan Wanji's mother or that female Lan girl who sold apples to Wei Wuxian. [I think it was the part when Wei Wu Xian said that, "Oh it's my first time to see a female from Gu Su Lan sect..."]. Oh Whatever:facepalm:. I don't know anymore:blobdead:

FINAL EDIT: OH THEY FINALLY FOUND THE ANSWER!!!! Look below this post vvvvvvvvvvv

fourth post below as a proof!!! vvvvv

5. Rizu_

Rizu_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far i know, she is Gusu Lan ancestors who brought up Assassin String weapon -> Lan Zhan uses this method to kill tortoise slaughter. She got mention in novel (Xuanwu Arc). She is the only female of Gusu Lan Sect Leader in their history.
    Correct me if i'm wrong

6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you hear that?

7. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm going to go into a list of reasons why I don't want to even touch the drama adaptation, I would really end up ranting on my end :blobsweat:

To me, yes, adding a non existing female lead just to pair up with Wei Ying in the drama to support heteronormativity really piss me off because that goes against canon , I mean they might as well not say it's an adaptation from the novel MDZS, because it's so misleading to the novel and what's canon. :blobexpressionless:Why adapt a gay novel in the first place which became popular because of its originality just to change so much?! :blobexpressionless::facepalm:

Honestly, I dont mind minor changes but to add in a female lead just to alternate from the original novel, I just can't support it on my end.

If they don't want to make it gay and go canon in the drama, then fine...They can make it ambiguous or make it bromance or something. At least that still doesn't completely alternate from the original novel :blobangery:

Sorry, dont mind me but this is my feelings, even when I said I won't rant but I ended up ranting on my end :blobsweat: personally for me, I'm steering clear away from the drama. This is from what I know, I'm not supporting the drama nor am I supporting this change. Wangxian in the novel and anime and manhua is the only one for me!!!

8. Lycieratia

Lycieratia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    @Rizu_ is correct. Lan Yi is indeed Lan An's granddaughter and the only female sect leader of the GusuLan Sect. This is from chapter 55 of the novel. She is not a made-up character, so don't worry.

The live action people probably thought it would be cool or at least interesting to introduce the Chord Assassination technique through a brief flashback to Lan Yi using the Chord Assassination technique herself and how she ended up creating the technique for the sect and probably the reactions to an assassination technique from one of the most righteous sect.

So let's not jump to conclusions. I personally am disappointed that the live action will be a bromance, but the people in charge of the live action has already said that Lan Zhan and Wei Ying will not be paired up with anyone and no love triangles. For now, let's just wait. Based on some stills and pictures of the production, the crucial scenes between Lan Zhan and Wei Ying are there, and the actors seem pretty into it and are certainly doing their best to bring the characters to life. Not only that, the actors have chemistry with each other based on those same stills, pictures, and videos. So no worries there.

[EDIT] Okay, I just checked who the actress is for Lan Yi and it turns out to be Carman Lee. I can see why everyone freaked out along with the fact that the character Lan Yi is practically insignificant except for background information for the Chord Assassination technique. Carman Lee is a veteran actor who's practically known for her cold and mature beauty. She's famous for acting as two of Jin Yong's (famous Wuxia author who died this year) most beautiful characters from Return of the Condor Heroes and The Demi-Gods and the Semi-Devils. So she's basically perfect to act as someone from the GusuLan Sect. In addition, because she's famous and a veteran, she's been emphasized by the live action people as most likely an attempt to lure some more people in along with the main actors.

Sandu, Hana_rhea, kiara8 and 9 others like this.
  9. Rizu_

Rizu_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like as @Lycieratia said, she is not a made up character, you can reread chapter 55 again.

Thank you @Lycieratia , when i heard about xiao zhan would act as wei ying, my curiosity also increase rapidly but i never set my expectation to much about the storyline. China have strict rule for television drama, it surely production team will change it. lets we wait and see, hope the actors and actress can give us their best performance

10. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember the name of the ancestor. She is important indeed. But technically she's dead, one need not have an entire cast for her role. Just saying the name is enough.
    But fine *sigh of relief.
    That's why I want someone else to test the waters before me. Bromance is fine by me, as I said, I don't want the actors and production team to risk their careers. Or drag the author in the mess. So'kay.
    If she's a veteran actor then she might be given the role of a teacher or aunt or a relative of lwj eh?:blobthinkingsmirk: I don't mind even if she was lxc's or lqr's wife or smth ?:blobReach:
    As a pessimist it's better if keep my hopes low as possible.... :blobsalt:so I end up being more surprised and happy if things turn out how I really want.
    Just like the audio drama, I assumed they won't kiss, BUT THEY DID!:blobsmilehappyeyes: Despair leads to happiness lol:blobokhand:

11. Lycieratia

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Carman Lee is acting as Lan Yi in the live action, so... LWJ, LXC, and LQR are direct descendants.

Anyway, having someone casted for Lan Yi seems excessive, but for a live action, it's not as excessive as you think. When Lan Yi was mentioned in the novel with the Chord Assassination, it basically screamed for a visual. Seeing Lan Yi, the creator of the Chord Assassination, using the technique to kill people and then seeing Lan Zhan, a direct descendant, using that same technique to kill the XuanWu, a sort of symbol of God or Deity. It sounds ridiculously interesting to see the usage between the two generations.

I'll certainly watch the live action when it comes out. I'm a bit wary of the live action cast though. I'm sort of old-fashioned... I've grown up watching the veterans from other dramas, so I'm very unfamiliar with a cast full of younger actors. The only actress I know is the veteran Carman Lee. So... I hope I'll be able to give the live action and the new actors a chance since the stills, pictures, and videos of the production show them to be very endearing and hardworking. ^^ Plus the chemistry.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention this, but pretty sure the CV/VA for LWJ and WWX has said that the audio drama will have the papapa scenes recorded, but they said to focus on the storyline as well. This was around the time S2 was being announced.

12. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so now that I have calmed down, here a vid related to the drama. I dunno if Twitter users saw this video lol.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/phoe_enix/status/1063446699107119107
    Aww poor TuTu...:sushi_no:
    OMG REALLLYYY??? OMYGOD I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS AT ALL!!!!! YASSSS!!!! All the best to the actors!!! It's hard to pull off sex scenes after all eh? I hope there are also other sound effects:blobnosebleed:

13. Lycieratia

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not sure if you guys know, but WWX and his donghua CV/VA won awards.
    Links:
    https://twitter.com/niehuaisang/status/1075151423178850305?s=21
    https://twitter.com/fengfeng459/status/1075017448498163714?s=21
    https://twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/1074942897621995521?s=21

Also, a short preview to what the recent audio drama extra: (Look forward to it)
    https://twitter.com/momolu7158/status/1074673621946195968?s=21

An amazing cosplay of LWJ:
    https://twitter.com/pcy_chansoo_pnp/status/1074324906748203008?s=21
    https://twitter.com/tangdu3/status/1074222322511314944?s=21

A very informative thread on the live action, please check it if you have any questions;
    https://twitter.com/angeisiadder/status/1071847029276590083?s=21

Some BTS/stills/pictures/videos of the live action (Twitter users have probably seen them already, but I’ll still share them here in case people don’t check twitter or haven’t seen them yet):
    https://twitter.com/selushades/status/1072787164574806016?s=21 (I’ve never seen such erotic handholding before)
    https://twitter.com/peijun34/status/1074263555136835584?s=21 (Umm... I heard these weren’t supposed to be revealed, so... Uh.. The post might get deleted.. But this is where I’m also seeing the chemistry between the actors.)
    https://twitter.com/phoe_enix/status/1074760510669709313?s=21 (Shijie being the best sister ever)
    https://twitter.com/phoe_enix/status/1074759445597442048?s=21 (Coming back to Lotus Pier after the Wens burned it down)
    https://twitter.com/phoe_enix/status/1073698776726949888?s=21 (XY losing it after XXC’s death)
    https://twitter.com/phoe_enix/status/1072591841911033856?s=21 (Best girl A’Qing)

14. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    they will change it like crazy and make it a whole new thing while keep onli bit of the original. it was the same wif one of the manghua i was readin (martials arts one damn cool) but i saw the live action bloody hell the main charater so damn fkin weak and coward and like to boast alot but always get scared the min he face any sort of fight -.-. the manghua is the MC will stand up no matter wat and not a coward tat runs away. im like wtf its like they make the charaters look so damn fkin weak in the live action like wtf sia. i don knw hw they will make MDZS though but defintely not BL -.- urghhhhhhhh might as well don even adpat it in the first place
    1. to make ppl to watch it
    2. gay/bl not accpeted in china/ strict rules and watever rules they hav.
    hahahahaha LOLOL LMAO AHAHHAAH AGREED:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::blobhighfive:
    papapa? lol wat is tat another term for smutty time? :blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:
    hahahah poor rabbit goin to be eaten hahhaha run bunny run hahahahha:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

15. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why im not even going to watch it on my end end... Because honestly from what I know, I'm not interested.

Nothing against people who is though but for me, I'm not going to treat this adaptation as canon if they are changing so much from the novel. I still hope they won't change Wei Ying and Lan Zhan's character and decided to make them go straight in the adaptation drama because that will really piss me off but I don't want to put my hopes up. The best way for me to avoid seeing it is not watching it at all.

I have given adaptations a chance in the past without judging like this other Chinese movie I watched which is an adaptation to Three lives three worlds ten miles peach blossom where despite there are many negative reviews to the movie, I still gave it a chance before I watched the movie, because I was a fan to the drama. So I watched the movie ignored the negative reviews, heck I even went in not expecting much but in the end it left a bitter taste and I ended up wasting my money for the ticket and ranting with my best friend because it was THAT bad. They changed so much in the movie compared to the original and I was annoyed, pissed. Even to this day when I think about it I'm salty. ..

Anyways, that's through my experience... If anyone in here still want to give this adaptation a chance then good luck to you all. I still hope for the best and they won't ruin the characters for you all (for me the only canon material is the novel itself and the anime and manga which is following directly closed to the novel), that's all I have to say.

16. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsleepless: Still gonna watch

Papapa LOL yes, The term is from SV = The Scum Villian’s Self-Saving System. Bro I seriously suggest u read this it so funny :LOL::ROFLMAO: Shizun:blobjoy: haha

••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless:••••••••:blobsleepless: I’m gonna try and watch it :blobokhand:

17. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha when I said that I was trying to share my annoyance to my experience but not aiming to change anyone who already have their mind set. Well good luck really that you won't have to go through that horrible ride for this adaptation :)

For me, I'll just check the reviews once the drama finished and decide whether to give it a chance or not.

If there are NO hints of Heteronormativity being used on Wei Ying or Lan Zhan in the drama, and they didn't completely change the character personality to something else, then I'll watch it, but if there is, then HELL NO IM WATCHING THIS CRAP!!

I'm not asking for the drama to canon gay if that's too much , I'll accept it if it's just an open ending or no endgame pairing in the drama but to use heteronormativity on a Gay Novel is disrespecting the author's originality and whats Canon and this is seriously something I cannot support or stand on my end (and that's my opinion). I still hope they won't come to that once the drama airs.

18. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    wow ok tat seriously sucks *pat pat* i feel u *gives u some cookies*:cookie::cookie: :cookie::cookie:
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL ohhh i seee hmm ok ya shall read it u hav the link to the translted one? or i jsut goggle it hahahah.
    hmmm gd luck though i wan to see hw they change it lol ahhahah

19. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks:cry: hopefully I want experience what @Sauling did :cry:
    Link to novel https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-scum-villains-self-saving-system/
    Link to chapter 1 https://cnoveluv.wordpress.com/proj...-saving-system/scum-villain-system-chapter-1/

20. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link