Recommendations MC left as a child/baby

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by VladV40, Dec 19, 2018.

1. VladV40

VladV40 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for novel where MC is abandoned, left or in any way separated from birth family and parents. Only to find his family in later parts of novel, after he becomes powerful.
    Ps: Cultivation, martial arts, romance and adventure tags if possible... Thanks!

2. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Eques

Eques Translation machine (not)

Reading List:
    Link
  4. 4myzelf

4myzelf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seconding Transcending the Nine Heavens, you will cringe or rage a little at some earlier chapters because MC and his family are not trully reunited even though they miss each other or encounters but MC hides his identity but it's really satisfying when the family learns that he is their son (it was a really nice moment especially the mom being kinda really happy + angry against her husband). Now just needs for a touching reunion (when translation get to it).

Let's only hope that you stomach harem (3 girls) because it's a really interesting novel with a few funny jokes. Even though it's harem the girls look like they will take some roles in the story.

6. VladV40

VladV40 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

I have no problems with harems. Tho I do get anoyed by MC picking a girls into his harem for every mile/km traveled in a journey around the world (figuratively seeking...) .

7. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. heavenlytribulation

heavenlytribulation [One Feared by All]

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure you will like the girls as they makes quite a few appearances. Also main girl (loli) is to melt for, when you see her, her actions, her craving for MC when she thinks only him loved her for what she was (and not just a promising cultivator thanks to her famous meridians) when she was sad because she is bullied and her being happy being later together with MC until a much-needed (compared to other CNs) separation.
    Others 2 girls are interesting... they just fell for him because he was a "co-worker" to them.
    True, they are separated.
    The dad dies when MC tries to get back his mom. And i still dislike the fact THAT THE HALF-SISTER MAID OF MC SLEPT AND GET A KID WITH THE SON OF MC IN THE AFTER-STORY NOVEL !

10. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
  11. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
  12. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
  13. uttamk956

uttamk956 Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most reincarnation cultivation novels usually end up like this. Even if the MC thinks he knows his birth parents, the people that raised him usually are not.

Talisman Emperor might have the worst birth parents ever.

15. Octam

Octam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Zethiro

Zethiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. GrumpyNPC

GrumpyNPC Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering how Mushoku Tensei fit the bill, and then I remembered... so +1 to Mushoku Tensei.

I think that part was so controversial in Japan that it did not appear in the light novel. IIRC, it's available only in the web novel. In the world, that sort of thing was considered normal though.

There's quite a few stories involving incest though (especially in hentai).

I don't think the half-sister + MC's son relationship is as bad as a relationship between a brother and sister born from the same parents.
    Going by genetics, the half-sister shares less than half of the same genes as the MC. (She gets half from her father, but it's impossible for her to have the exact same half of genes that MC does because she received an X chromosome instead of a Y.)
    The son only shares half his genes with his father. At most, the half-sister shares a bit less than half of her genes with the MC's son, and that's a fringe case. It's more likely that the half-sister only shares around a quarter of her genes with the MC.
    I don't want to calculate probabilities, but I wouldn't say that it's a high probability that the MC's son got the full 25% of genes that the MC shares with his half-sister.
    Genetically, I think it'll be okay for them to have a child together.
    Personally, I think the relationship is okay, but I can see how many disapprove.

At least she's not a full aunt, right?

19. uttamk956

uttamk956 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is all least better than "Oh no! After I Reincarnated, My Moms Became Son-cons!"

King0Mik likes this.
  20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that i dislike incest but more like i liked her a lot just like a waifu (not as much as a waifu but at least half as intense) and that it gave me a feeling of being NTR-ed when i read the deleted chapters of her sleeping with MC's son (on baka-tsuki, now deleted too). I would have prefered that she gets together with MC or even a normal random guy (i'm not sure) or just remains single.

Now i just hope a little that you won't despise me for what i revealed.