LCD Tales of The Reincarnated Lord

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shin Ah, Jul 26, 2016.

1. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine the souls of the troops and nobles he wasted looking to screw him in wargods kingdom. He literally grinded close to a million people in the wars probably already crossed that number given many starved to death or are falling prey to bandits.

2. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes too bad the end is near it's leaving a bad taste already.

3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    You still don't understand, even if it's an idiot emperor and a bad ruler who doesn't pay you, he has absolute power! Meaning he can have you whipped or killed for nothing and do things to your family, people lived in fear back then.

4. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Auguslo does not have absolute power. The author has been very clear that there are rules that nobles have to abide by, or risk losing their reputation. He also committed also a major breach of those rules when he tried to take a citizen's private property without paying.

I'm not saying that a commoner can kill an Emperor without risk, but an Emperor can't kill a commoner without reason either. He can't go around killing people without risking his empire as that would incite a rebellion or give people a legitimate reason to rebel to secede.

You are also ignoring how bad Auguslo's reputation is. Everyone knows that Auguslo sent Whitelion to die just so he could claim a bit of glory. He under-equipped them on purpose and stopped paying them for months. They have little to no reason to respect him.

There are also more practical reasons he can treat these men brutally - they might revolt then and there. There's even a part of the chapter where he wants to have the men killed for their insubordinate attitudes, but is afraid that the entire legion might revolt if he does.

e: Incidentally, there are real world examples of royalty losing their status for similar reasons. Edward VIII of England, Victor Emmanuel III of Italy, Wilhelm II of Germany all had to abdicate because they didn't have the confidence of the people. Granted these are more modern examples, but just because you have a crown doesn't mean people will follow you unconditionally. I guess the Roman Emperors like Nero or Caligula are better examples of what Auguslo would face if he becomes s tyrant.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  5. 4myzelf

4myzelf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard work = scheming to use loyal retainers as cannon fodder
    Sacrifice = begging his vassals to do all the heavy lifting
    imo, had he worked with the 4 houses alliance and controlled his bastard instead of continue to actively undermining his empire's greatest benefactor, he could have worked with Lorist to improve his relationship and get benefits to ensure that even if Lorist would become too powerful and declare independence, he would still have a powerful ally

Narmi likes this.
  6. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he is greedy short sighted snob , his father probably knew of this (he was also pissed at him for baby making with his concubine) but well you gotta give it to him he marvelously survived and kept crawling (over the corpses of his subordinates and enemies) and somehow built an empire but well his luck ran out cause of his utter stupidity. I bet you every ruler against the trade union is cursing his name as the greatest fool ever.

7. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I gotta say, I admire some of you for continuing to read this through the last few chapters - I decided that the retrospective chap was a good stopping point. I'll miss this.

8. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping during Chapter 585 or 586 that Auguslo's would see Lock’s new palace. I seriously doubt that Auguslo palace would look as impressive. I was sure that if he saw Lock’s palace. He would first feel extremely jealous and second decide that he wanted to wait for Lock there. At least that’s what I wanted to happen.

9. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing to admire, the novel is simply not cliffy.

10. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Auguslo is the type to return home and start building an even bigger palace to show Lorist up.

He'd bankrupt the country in doing so but at least he'd have bragging rights.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  11. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that would be interesting. I would have loved to have seen that happen.

12. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Auguslo is ironically his own worst enemy. Everyone seem to realize it but him.

Anyways, Wecksas not only cuckolded his dad with the queen, now he's about to cuckold him with his empire. If he gets put in charge of a legion, I'm 99% sure they'd rebel after one of his idiotic decisions.

Lorist should present Auguslo with a green crown when this is all over (if he's still alive).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  13. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Often times the hero’s (Auguslo) of the revolution of a country are solemnly the ones that stay in power. Usually a shadow faction takes control. Politicians (Trade Faction) with their passive politically correct self righteous always believe they are right. Even thou they (Leaders that sit behind a desk) have never seen the life slowly fade from another human being that they themselves killed for that so called righteous cause. Do you want to know the difference between Lock and Auguslo/ Trade Union? One serves the people, while the other serves themselves.
    When I’m listening to how Trade Union was going to respond to Lock. I actually laughed. The first thing I thought was great that just creates a bigger market. Which should actually help the Northland.
    Do you want to know how I would break this Trade war? I’d start building railroads.
    At least that’s what I think.

14. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is there only one chapter left?

15. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author dropped the story. Long story but health problems + government censorship+Qidian dropped it. He's been on hiatus for about a year (heart problems), but is back and writing "Black Iron's Glory" now though.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  16. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was actually a pretty good end, all things considered.

I guess that the author intended for Krilos to trick Wecksas into leading a coup (most nobles would probably do whatever Krilos wants, they're probably all in his pocket by now.), or maybe try and implicate the Nortons into some sort of treason. The one thing we can count on is Auguslo's shortsightedness and ego, he'd probably have fallen for the latter.

Special thanks to Ryogawa and Prince, you guys did a great job.

17. Gihn

Gihn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ty for all your hard work TL team ! It was a great read and it will be missed :)

Narmi likes this.
  18. one eye

one eye Aspire to became NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it has possibilities the story to continue?

19. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only as a fanfic. There are some people who started working on one.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  20. one eye

one eye Aspire to became NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    fell like when you read good japan LN and the TL got DMCA from yen press