Discussion What is the worst novel you've ever had in your reading list?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Darkaeluz, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello.
    So as the time I've read novels has increased I've found hidden gems and novels that had a really good premise and start, and I've added them to my reading list, but some of them as time and translations went became really bad, some really quickly and some hundreds of chapters later.
    So tell me fellow NUF members, which are the novels that you regret ever reading and adding to your personal reading list?

some of mine are:
    Invincible Saint ~Salaryman, the Path I Walk to Survive in This Other World~ (It started so good! and then went to the drain and slowed the hell out and became so boring)
    Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel (oh god, had such a good premise but the author so easily breaks the suspension of disbelief with such a dumb understanding of our own world that it hurts just trying to read this)

I had a couple more but I even forgot their names (thankfully)

abewan and Cosmic_ like this.
  2. Cuddles0_0

Cuddles0_0 (>^∆^)> Xtra Whipped Cream Translations <(^∆^<)

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you saying????? Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel is so good, weird but good

3. bromnath

bromnath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chaotic sword god. Back in the days when we didn't have too much to read and didn't know the tropes, CSG seemed good until I realized every chapter just consists of main character stabbing people through the neck. Just the neck, just one shot kills through the jugular. For hundreds of chapters.

Astaroth, Blitz, Liyus and 6 others like this.
  4. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
  5. JamieJJH

JamieJJH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    invisible dragon
    and another one about some bug which got reincarnated as a dragon, It sounded weirdly interesting when I read the description

GrimVeilRule likes this.
  6. TrollingTrolls

TrollingTrolls [Trash Talker]

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, half prince I guess ? I had quite high expectation for it, but after I read half of it, I couldn't anymore? But well it wasn't that bad either, just boring?

Oh, and God And Devil World, it became more and more annoying in the latter chapters.

7. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also going to say Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel. It had such a great premise for both romance and business management then it just became a lustful harem and rape victim lover fest. Most modern harem CN with male MC I regret. There's just so many jackass MCs.

There's definitely others, but I've flushed it out of my memory for my own health.
    Just a matter of different tastes I guess.

8. gokal14

gokal14 Sky King

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not into my reading list if it's shitty....so to answer that question: "the worst one are the one that didn't enter my reading list"

11. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    it's so hard to choose, but i'd probably say it's one of the CN female MC transmigration novels. those things are so alike that's it's hard to tell 'em apart most of the time. talented/gifted, strong, and independent woman gets turned into a girl and spends most of her time being useless, chased by rapists, or saved by said rapists. every time she starts showing any sort of ability, she'll almost immediately become useless again and have to hide behind somebody, who will then go on to try and assault her once things settle.

there's at least 5 novels like that that're probably still on my list that i just skim over every time i see an update.

13. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah “had in your reading list” is a weird way to phrase it, just “ever read” would have sufficed IMO. And if you didn’t read it but have it in your reading list how do you know it's that bad?

14. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't remember the title. It's an annoying To-love ru style, MC slipped and accident happen. To generic, to annoying. Deleted from reading list.

I don't mind manga like To-love ru, but novel feel different and I don't like it.

15. Prolux

Prolux [Specifically Lazy] [Weirdly Motivated]

Reading List:
    Link
    Invincible. It started out ok, but the author just kept repeating the same thing over and over and then when he realized he was repeating, he simply slowed the speed of the vent down to a crawl and continued repeating without caring at all.

16. Haylias

Haylias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he asked for the worst, not the best

17. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ancient Strengthening Technique
    Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel
    I am a Superstar

18. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poison Genius Consort.

Probably gonna get some hate for this, but I really just couldn't like the story. I was super excited at first, because LOOK AT THAT CHAPTER COUNT, and it's being translated by volarenovels, whom I consider reliable and consistent with their releases.

Transmigrated-into-a-wastrel-and-becoming-super-powerful stories are my secret indulgence, and I don't even expect a high bar for those kind of stories. But damn, PGC was just terrible. The entire plot felt really rushed, and all the characters (except the MC) felt fake and unnatural. They didn't react like real people, and instead were in the story just to create conflict for the MC. The MC would get out of one frying pan and into another. There wasn't even a moment where she got a breather. It was like everyone was out to get her. And even the ML was really unlikeable. The dude has anger and trust issues.

But a lot of people gave really good reviews, and I'm honestly wondering if we even read the same story...

19. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mr. CEO, Spoil me 100 Percent!

It was nice at the start, the MC getting back to 'normal' and her being a hacker was really fresh for me. But the whole Sci-fi thing just.... er ma gawd, it was just TERRIBLE!

Nuinui likes this.
  20. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't remember the name, but starts kinda fine then goes full trash in less than 100 chapters. One about a guy who gets to make a deal with a God to become dungeon master in another world and starts to gather slaves and the slaves are war orphans of a recent conquest of a country and they seem kinda like full yandere about mc and hating the princess because she is part of the country that won the war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.