Christmas/X-mas is the beginning of the end

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by honglath, Dec 21, 2018.

1. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically, it starts out on Christmas/X-mas Eve and finishes the last night of the year, but basically it's one whole week of non stop partying.

Presents, cookies, cake, feasts of all kind, nuclear amounts of fireworks and lots and lots of booze.. or in other words, hell.

Carolers run around screaming garbled bastardizations of what's supposed to be songs of joy, then blackmail their victims into paying for being forced to listen to that crap or be subjected to home-brewed explosive devices that are legally sold in this time period by the metric ton.

In fact i am almost certain that these unavoidable ever-nearing seven days of horror and despair will eventually be known as the International Gimp Week due to the already increasing number of mangled limbs and body parts that few people seem to learn from in regards to proper use of explosive material.

Let's not forget the most disturbing part of whole ordeal: the actual social gatherings.

Let's join together and be merry, whilst conveniently forgetting that we pretty much hate each other throughout the rest of the year... It's complete and utter madness!
    We're not merry at all! All we manage to do at these unwelcome get-togethers is find even more reasons to hate each other!
    "Oh, remember that time you found your car scratched for no reason? Yeah, that was me. Sorry. Hugs?"
    Nope. No hugs. I'm sneezing all over your favourite food. And a merry "up yours" to you!

The only reason to be happy in this time period is because you can spend money without feeling guilty about it. Yay presents! Yay holiday feasts! (Yes. Feasts. As in more than one. As in you're starting the new year fat, sad and broke. Also with a possible heart disease or colon cancer)
    Oh and i almost forgot.. Yay booze (and liver failure)!

Happy holidays! Yay.

On the other side, this last week of the year is supposed to be a week of review and introspection.

Look back at your life this year and your life lived thus far. Are you happy with it? Are you content? What do you consider a failure or a mistake? Did you make amends in a way that will clear your heart and mind? Have you made plans to avoid the wrongs and repeat the rights? Can you suspect the probable repercussions of your actions and are you prepared to face them in some way? What will you strive for as you move forward?

As we walk through life, carelessly charging forward without pause or thought will often bring us to a complete stop sooner than expected, usually either dying of thirst in the middle of a desert or drowning in exhaustion in the middle of an ocean.
    The end of the year can be considered a rest stop for us to regain our bearings. To relax, unwind, maybe even have a short nap.

Honestly, this started out as a shitpost and then got derailed like a drunk trying to find even ground.
    I took a break from writing it and now i don't know what it's about.

It's just like these holidays in a way.. We've been doing them for so long, we forgot why and now repeat them every year because it's tradition and we get to spend money on presents, cake and booze.

Guess it's to keep us grounded, latched to something as a safety line, to stop us from being blown away into the unknown, and yet also prevents us from flying away on our own.

What does this ending week mean to you? Will the year to come make you fly, willingly or not? Or will it be more of the same, with a brand new paint job (if you can afford one)?

yuzuki and Hikicarl like this.
  2. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    tldr all i do is sleep sleep sleep and sleep some more wake up from 4 am til 10 pm all week long ao need them zzzs :blobsleeping:

3. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not on the web to read essay. Make it simple and short plez.. it’s giving me headache than reading MTL.

4. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    I will wait till 11:55 and play fornite.:blob_grin:

5. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't celebrate it, so it's just another rest day for me.

6. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    All those days of partying and eating (especially dessert) this time of year feel like they take several years off my life (worth it though)~~~

7. TrollingTrolls

TrollingTrolls [Trash Talker]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the same. No difference from any other day.

EvilDevil likes this.
  8. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    another rest day, or learning 'academic' material that i get this month, or watching old 'academic' material in my hdd
    :D

9. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    What does that even mean?

10. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    take a padoru and cool down.....

6X6BKax.gif