Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I'll do! I can read those chapters again and again and still not feel tired. Thank you!

2. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    XD

I wonder why WWX look so freak out playing the flute though.

4. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    Never tought he was scared of demons xD
    [​IMG]

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh lol
    The other two shous are so elegance. I’d like to see our couple switch places.

Is that WN and the Song guy? For some reason I expect him to wear white clothes

6. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Writing about smut and doing smut are two different things. There are always going to be a side for and a side against most anything and I mean anything. When authors depict rape in a novel or manga it draws negative feedback. I’ve seen the negative feedback a lot in the mangas, though I would agree the trope has long been overused. And like everyone here I do not condone rape.

Sometimes I think some negative feedback are from those who may in fact have such a kink and feel guilty about it. Kinks are a part of humanity fortunately or unfortunately.

However, MXTX did an excellent job with her novel only including smut near the end of the novel. It was a somewhat chaste work until nearing the end. With her including some pretty hardcore smut in the extra chapters I think the novel, okay and us fans too, deserved it. I really like all the smut. It also shows how LZ can actually let loose for his WY. It was great seeing that repressed LZ let it all out.

Sandu, Rcyan, Yulia Scarlet and 7 others like this.
  7. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's Song Lan, I don't remember how the author described him in the novel. Maybe it's time to read GDC again. :hmm:

8. Nona

Nona Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you guys read the smut that was made only for the book? lan wangji was so caring of wei wuxian :aww:
    first he organized all the clothes that wei ying had thrown on the floor:blobjoy:
    then he went outside and bring hot water for his husband to bath:blobicecreamlove::blobtired:
    then he held and put him on the tub :blobok:and he even put jar of alcohol next to the tub :blobconfounded::blobmelt:
    when they were about to sleep lan wangji kissed wei ying in his forhead:blobsob::blobnosebleed: and said : good night wei ying, see you tomorrow :notlikeblob::blobxd::blobsob:
    so how can anyone call him a rapist the smut chapters were all a dream not a reality so why the hate for ?:sweating_profusely::blobneutral:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  9. LoveYou59seconds

LoveYou59seconds Hanannananannannnannannananananannaannananana

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, mates!:aww: But I think I wait till K's Translation is finished.:facepalm: This is such a huge spoiler:blobwoah:

Actually if K will release the Chapter 111. Lol I shall buy that uncensored version of Bichen part from minorujoeling Twitter.:blobnosebleed: hehe
    Nah, I've already read the worst rape. Mostly are from Harada.:cookie: But what I can't really deal is canniballism. Up until now, I never attempted to read Feeding Lamb. I think I will have bad nightmares if I read that:sweating_profusely:

10. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    The Family Feast Part 2 is now up on tumblr! For those of you who want to read the proper translation that is not MTL before K's translation is out, here's the link: https://bigbadredpanda.tumblr.com/post/181307378716/chapter-115-family-feast-2

For me personally I really love this chapter!!! :aww::cookie:
    Lan Zhan really spoils Weiying and I find that so sweet :blobmelt:

LXC state makes me sad.... :(

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  11. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    No one in their right mind will ever call WangJi a rapist!
    It is the indestructible love he cherished for his one and only Love that has brought us all here together.
    I have read what you mentioned in your post. Seriously, I wanted to be spoiled like that! *sigh*

Sandu, Rcyan, Yulia Scarlet and 8 others like this.
  12. Jeonjkook

Jeonjkook 徐明浩我的男神

Reading List:
    Link
    Cough.. I'm quite embarrassed to tell this but, I quite enjoy smut Scene it woke up my dark side haha.. Cough..

Anyway, I don't dislike it~

13. Gizmo1012

Gizmo1012 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So about the incense burner....I get where ppl that dislike or uncomfortable with it are coming from and it's absolutely okay to have that opinion especially if it might be triggering. But at the same time, there's a difference between what is okay in a novel versus real life.

In psychology there's this thing called intrusive thoughts, which are you imagining or thinking about something sometimes vividly that is so out of the norm it would never happen. For example (and not to be weird here but that is kinda the point) sometimes when I'm having a stressful day at work and a customer asks me something unreasonable I'll vividly imagine something crazy like gouging my own eyes out in front of them...as if to say "see this is what I think about your question...I'd rather do this than answer you". It's insane and violent but it's not something I'll ever EVER do....like I'm not a big fan of pain at all so that's just an absurd thought.

It's actually very common and perfectly normal...and dreams are along the same line. They're your brain's way clearing stuff out and a whole bunch of other things but we don't control them and sometimes the things you do in a dream would be horrifying and shameful to remember because they're so OOC. Doesn't really mean anything though. Other than an underlying theme these types of actions in dreams are not a reflection on yourself as a whole. Rather....if you have some type of recurring pattern (falling, failing a test, running and hiding)...it may say something about you on some level but it's usually WAY overblown.

For LWJ...this dream seems to stem not only from longing and lust but also him subconsciously rebelling against the idea that he is without passionate feelings or too sheltered and the dream state blew this out of proportion to make him deny these things. It showed he's not emotionless, has desires, and can be VERY (obv too much so) dominating....rather than the sort that lets rules and elders dictate his life he takes what he wants and proves he's faulty and human. This is something that embarrasses and at first, seems to shame real LWJ (as it did in the past when he kissed WWX on phoenix mt....he immediately punished himself with violence for his forceful lack of manners...but that was just a kiss albeit a dubcon one).

The fact that this happens in a dream and would NOT happen in reality is ok with me at least...and the real WangXian couple reacts to this very IC I think. I mean if it was real and they were witnesses to this scene they would never let this happen...they'd intervene for sure. But it's a dream and they both know this so WWX certainly isn't going to hold it against LWJ or feel awkward about it and LWJ clearly is upset at first and knows he'd never do this. (I can just imagine young LWJ waking up after this sort of dream appalled with himself and punishing himself in someway).

The real problem with this is that in fiction, how ppl interpret a scene varies and how the story deals with a sensitive situation, depending on the reader, can impact them in real life. Not everyone is capable of grasping things like satire, and the nonchalant attitude of WangXian in this scene (while IC and fine for the story) could make it seem like the noncon aspect of it is acceptable and therefore normalizing.

So to sum it up...in context I don't mind the incense burner chapter at all..but as an outsider reader looking in I can see why some ppl dislike it since it can be, to some readers, seen as a step backward in the topic of consent by normalizing/excusing noncon or dubcon behaviors. The problem lies not in the book but in the worry that some ppl might take it too literally and make it into a joking matter or even use this or other similar works as an excuse for their own actions.

14. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!
    Maybe they are just trolls to insult the author's work. It often happens people from a fandom cannot tolerate the other.
    It was simply a dream. Lan Wangji is easily the best seme/husband in my dictionary, if he doesn't respect his lover I dunno who does.

Sandu, Rcyan, Yulia Scarlet and 6 others like this.
  15. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I think those people are those types, who is jealous of Wangxian being canon, and their ship have sunk, and will find any possible ways they can to hate or bring down our ship [this tends to happen a lot in fandoms, biasness and double-standard :facepalm:]

Well for me, despite all that's said, in my eyes, Lan Zhan is still the best husband/seme in my eyes who loves, cherish and respect his lover/husband (Wei Ying), and will always put his (Wei Ying) life/safety above his own, and for that I will always, always love Lan Zhan, and his love for him, nothing's changed for me, Lan Zhan is still my precious favourite character who I love very much and the same can be said for Wei Ying and Wangxian's love story :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::aww::aww::blobmelt:

16. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I love blue! Thank you for the ribbon! Virtual High-Five :blobhighfive:

I love this explanation because it's so truuueeee!! :blobReach:

Now that you mentioned it day or night dreams are basically us imagining an OOC version of ourselves. During high school, I've lost count of how many times I imagined setting the whole math building on fire. During rush hour for public transports, I would imagine just poofing humans out of existence like what Thanos did. It's all very OOC but, I agree, it's a normal human everyday thing.

It really does depend on the reader's own interpretation & how they wish to take the contents in. This sort of reminds me of the endless discussions which occurred when "Killing Stalking" a manwha, first came out. The number of debates, discussions, and heated arguments amongst readers or outsiders were intense & not gonna lie I fully enjoyed the whole situation. I'd spend hours reading people's comments & long as post :blobpopcorn_cool:

17. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a simple recognition of your efforts in giving us a proper directory. We were making our Blue Ribbon Girls group of MDZSians at Profile Post, so thought of roping you in, too!

18. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohh! Sounds fun! Well, you got me on board now too :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

19. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    59 seconds, I mean @LoveYou59seconds is behind all this!

20. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL The true culprit was someone else :blobjoy::blobspy: