LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Deleted member 159111

Deleted member 159111 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I said $0.10 per chapter

2. jimjimgimp

jimjimgimp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, 0.1 * 380 = $38.00
    Reasonable

anonnovelupdates likes this.
  3. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation is great, just needs a little editing but I can still enjoy it perfectly fine even without. Idk why some people complaining about it like English is their 3rd language but GJ for the tl's dude :D

4. Brazak

Brazak Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I at first thought it was MTL because of a few mistakes (which seem completely fixed now) as well as the formatting on NovelMultiverse needing some work (at least in my browser (chrome), after every apostrophe there was a large gap and the sentence and paragraph structure was weird. It's much much better on TLBasil's personal site). I also thought that it was a shitty person that was cutting into the translations of someone else. I didn't know that TLBasil had talked to the translator on LNB and got the permission before hand. Those were the things that kept me from reading. I would have eventually done it when I noticed that a bunch came from TLBasil and none from LNB, but a note at the beginning or end of the chapter would have helped. Either way, the translations are good, do it however you want, and keep up the good/hard work, got nothing but good feelings for you now having seen the explanation.

5. Deleted member 159111

Deleted member 159111 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its reasonable, but it's money I have to pay to get the chapters open again even though I've finished reading already :(

Thanks for reading and the support it means a lot to me. I'm trying to see if I can get the editing fixed somehow. Looking into doing another ongoing novel with Rebirth Online as well.

Yeah I'm completely new to novel translations and the owner of the site that recruited me gave me a green light since it was their first time doing a novel site as well. Probably didn't realize there were translations of the tutorial going on. So i had 7 chapters out before i was told anything... Unfortunately all the ones on my site are unedited except for the ones that people point out in the comments. I'm totally new to this scene but I did put the translations on hold until I had a chance to talk to TLBoko and got her consent. I didn't realize there would be this big of an issue with the lack of explanations because I thought Boko has made intentions to drop the novel public. Sorry for the screw ups and thanks for reading and the support! I'm going to have to put the current chapters on hold until I have a good long thought over the holidays. I'm currently working on a TL for the novel The Strongest Marshal over on Rebirth Online with one of their editors as a trial. I'll make sure to keep this thread posted on the decisions i make with this TL.

##update ##
    I asked to have the links leading to my blog to be removed. Since they were unedited anyway.
    #####

Happy Holidays
    -James

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
  6. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume that the editor doesn't have the original text. So he just takes whatever translations you give him and tries to make it into sensible English.

If you don't put in a sufficient amount of time initially then the editor will be "translating your translations" and the end result will suffer.

Well, in the end it is up to you how much time you can spend translating a chapter and whether you are satisfied with the end result.

I sill haven't read your translations so it is not like I am criticising what you done. I am also not a translator or an editor myself.

anonnovelupdates and twinklecake like this.
  7. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    38 bucks are plenty enough if you ask me, considering there's quality-laden, behemoth-sized stories out there like Worm or Mother of Learning, completely for free.

viprei and TheHoblit like this.
  8. djshadow

djshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, TLBasil decided to drop this novel, I'm not sure if he will still work on it on his personal blog or somewhere else, but for us at NovelMultiverse we will find a new translator to pick the novel up. Future updates will be made known. Thanks. :)

anonnovelupdates and twinklecake like this.
  9. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why?

10. djshadow

djshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm.. well I will let him answer that himself when he comes around. :)

11. thaddpole

thaddpole Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey where can I read 179 and 181? If you have any links directly that would be great

twinklecake and viprei like this.
  12. Chyort

Chyort Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The next floor sounds like a good quality floor we haven't gotten in a while. For 24 days you have to go through the past 34 floors, restart at lv 1, reset skills, and can't use weapons. Sounds amazing!

The first floor isn't hard even if he forgot where all the traps were with his current combat experience.

The second floor is easy or hard depending if he can get mana back. It's unrealistic to get back his resistance skils.

Third floor, the first part is easy if he remembers the traps, but the second half were you need to sprint or fall into trap hell may be impossible without a strengthening buff like mana since he only did it before because of his decent strength and God skill to teleport.

The fourth floor first part is easy with his combat experience long as he gets back mana. Since he can't use weapons it's unrealistic to rely on his bare hands. As for the second part he can't rely on his past tactics of wearing down the enemy like in the past and probably won't have the stamina for it. I wonder how he'll do it.

5th floor is easy with his combat experience long as he gets back mana. Another fight with Idy may make him re look his outlook on the npcs, but I don't think he'll try to woo her like before out of respect of his Idy.

6th floor I think he can just hold out till the time limit of the 35th stage, but he'll try to break through any ways. This stage will depend on how many skills he learned so far. I do think its possible since I'm sure he knows how his skills work and he even learned some himself, but I'm not sure he can get them to a high level. I do think skill training works closer to developing muscles than just knowing how it works.

7th-11th, maybe we get to see what they were like and see the other guy.

12th floor, I doubt he can kill everything in the time he has.

13th floor will be interesting. Last time he looked down on the monks for not using weapons but now he will have done the same till now and gained a new appreciation for it. God of Dueling may appear a lot here.

Don't know about floors 14 and 15.

Floor 16 I feel will be fun for him again if he lets himself get to know them again, but I feel the knight will be the demon this time since he just said he's thankful to him. Unless he makes a break through something to repel the demon inside himself, I have non idea how'll he will do it without the god skill Soul Steal.

17th floor is going to be a high light of this stage. If I'm guessing right he will get to fight his mirage he left on the floor. So he'll finally get to fight a opponent who won't look down on him and fight to the death. Mc will also realize how much of a threat he is to other challengers. And he probably won't leave a mirage here. I'm sure a normal hell floor player would have weak stats and skills, so the system wouldn't leave a weak foe here for future players.

18th floor will be simple. I don't think he'll allow himself to relax and just kill the targets.

19th floor will just be relaxing for him though I wonder if he can make it to the village in his time frame.

The 20th floor I think is too hard for him to just wipe out. The past him used his god skill to absorb mana to fight at peak levels without worry of stamina or mana running out. There were endless mutant monsters all around, so I can't see how'll he wipe them out.

21-25th don't know. The 25th floor he used God skills to buff his army, so who knows.

26th floor depends on his progress till now. He could just relax like if he what's non the castle, but if he isn't strong like before they probably will look down on him since like before it was odd he came alone. Maybe learn more about the girl though.

27th floor he could just go at it differently. With the kid, someone else, or by his self. He did pretty much skip the lore of the dragon on this stage, so maybe he'll skip dealing with the dragon that'll take a long time to reach to train and learn things.

28, 29, and 30 don't know.

31-34th floors I guess will be a test of his progress till now. Will he still see himself as strong, or is he weak.

And in the end he's going to have a pretty insane level martial arts skill lv.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Musashi, viprei and Overclock like this.
  14. viprei

viprei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Iirc in one of the 60th floor chapters he said that he didn't know how to complete the 3th floor aside from doing the parkour, and he's probably not going to fight his mirage on the 17th floor, it said past floors after all, but if it does it's going to be interesting :cookie:
    I wonder if we are going to see what's the meaning of his name now :blob_grin:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  15. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the author remember what he wrote that means he didn't fall into trap hell when he went back.

I really do think he'll fight the mirage of himself since it is a floor and unlike before there is a mirage waiting, so he won't get a free pass for a second time. It feels like a critical stage for self examination if that's what the 35th floor is hoping players to do.

And if the archer girl does this floor herself I'm worried for her. Feel like she will be just trying to stay alive on later floors. Hope the mc built a self destruct function in her when she did the 17th floor since he buffed her up with magic drugs, taught her advance magic beyond her floor level, and gave her OP gear to utterly suppress and defeat his mirage. She even had a resurrection gear on her at the time it was said after she won.

viprei likes this.
  16. Hell-jacker

Hell-jacker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly in a previous chapter when he was clearing floor 61 he said he doesn't need a sword anymore and that he is the weapon. I'm guessing this will basically be explaining about how that came to be.

17. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably, through I don't think he'll immediately stop using swords or gear. I imagine his swords break later on and isn't up to replacing them after losing companions. He still wears armor as I recall.

18. anonnovelupdates

anonnovelupdates Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any idea what chapter this was? I'd like to go back and re-read.

19. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to the old site. There are chapter titles and look for floor 17. The last chapter for it it's mentioned. It's where she recounts how she's won.

20. anonnovelupdates

anonnovelupdates Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link