Spoiler Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sky Farrow, May 25, 2017.

1. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Killing his whole family is hardly a misunderstanding. There is no reconciliation between the two of them nor is there a misunderstanding. Actually later in the book Fang Zheng grows up and understand Fang Yuan but he will never reconcile with him.
    2. Ning Bing wanted to carve out his own path, he's like Fang Yuan in that fact and Fang Yuan stood in his way. But there is no honor among thieves and ambition makes an enemy out of the whole world. Becoming enemies was inevitable as long as both of them were on the demonic path.
    3. She's not unkillable, she's insignificant. She fades away into obscurity because her thinking and her talent are too weak. Fang Yuan's enemies are the venerables, not some insignificant mortals or even rank 8 immortals.

Now if you want to talk about a family with too much plot armor, then that would be Feng Jin Huang and Feng Jiu Ge. They should have died a long time ago in my eyes.

2. Pavan4321

Pavan4321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. It's not that I don't understand reasons for fang zheng for becoming a mortal enemy of MC. But he starts thinking of killing MC after he found that his brother was very scheming person from Tie ruo nan's investigation. This happened before MC has sacrificed his clan for A grade talent. After all this, I still slightly understand his twisted reasoning to think of kill MC, his only blood related brother in that world. But the main problem for me is this whole situation is CLICHÉD used in too many Chinese novels and it is hard for me not to get irritated.

2. Bai Ning Bing is a character that I had high expectations to be a friend walking a parallel path with Mc without really being a friend. I thought world huge with infinite possibilities and not every good character should think that Mc's path would be obstruction to their path. But author was fixed to not go on this unique friendship path and had MC to scheme for controlling Bai Ning Bing under his command and this led to Bai Ning Bing scheming against Mc. This cause for all this in my opinion is because Bai Ning Bing spending too much time with MC.

3. I read only translated chapters and Tie rou nan still looked unkillable and thanks for telling me that she will be gone and not repeatedly used Author to obstruct Mc's path.I liked her character a the beginning but as her character progressed, I got irritated with her as she was standing firmly on thinking that MC was the cause of all the injustice in her world and not finding the real truth in several conflicts between Mc and her, with her title being DIVINE INVESTIGATER(this is also kind of funny thinking about it).

And thanks for telling me that in future chapters, there will even more annoying and unkillable characters, I made the right choice going in search for spoilers instead of waiting with high expectations and get disappointed.

In your previous post, you said that fang yuan doesn't backtrack but based on his personality, if he is offered immortality, he will surely do anything(backtracking or even being a good person). That's the level of obsession(or strong will) he has towards achieving his goals(immortality). This is what I really like about the Mc.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Alice-sama likes this.
  3. Mantoff

Mantoff Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one that always wondered why the people in this universe only use gu, and not any type of armor/weapon?
    Like, therts always mentioned some type of material that is super hard/Sharp, but only gets used for refining gu. I understand that gu are incredibly useful, but what If you run out of primeveal essence? It's Just game over? Seriously why don't use some material to to make a chestplate or anything, and this applies mainly in the mortal levels. Am I stupid for thinking about It?

4. addarash

addarash Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They do use weapons and armour. And they are either usually made from gu worms outright or from materials like you speak of. The details don't get spoken of in detail but they are there (nor is anyone going to care about finding out those details if it applies to mortals way below FY's level).

5. addarash

addarash Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feng Jiu Ge and Jin Huang are very different from simply being "enemies he doesn't kill". They vacillate between enemy and ally status, kind of more like Bai Ning Bing but with much different motivations and personalities.

In general, from what I've seen of this thread I think that people are way too fixated on a few minor characters. Tie Ruo Nan in particular goes almost unmentioned after the current translated chapters and the rest are minor characters with little to no real threat to Fang Yuan (sometimes even helping him). He is certainly not placing attention on them - he has much bigger enemies to be concerned about and most of the plot focus is on them.

redplatform_ likes this.
  6. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy crap I just started the novel and Bai Ning Bing just turned into a girl pls tell me she doesn't turn back and she becomes Feng Yuan's waifu

7. Lv1 Slime

Lv1 Slime Halfway to Lv2...

Reading List:
    Link
    How exactly does Fang Yuan get rid of his Zombie body? I've read the spoilers so I know that he gets a new OP body but I'm more interested in the process: How exactly does he get it? And how did he transfer bodies? Thanks to advance to anyone who responds to this

8. gangsar1998

gangsar1998 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He steal a gu named paragon immortal fetus gu from gloomy souls demonic venerable and become rank 6 immortal, in the raw he has become rank 9 refining dao venerable

9. kineticblast

Reading List:
    Link
    Big development is the recent chapter,
    Fang Yuan is now a Refining Dao Demonic Venerable. From now on he's the 11th Venerable and he shall be addressed as Fang Yuan Demonic Venerable.

10. Lilix66

Lilix66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow i havent read the last 100 chapters bc i think i want to binge read later on but i just cant help to search for spoilers. Thanks for telling this! Super exciteddddd

11. Lilix66

Reading List:
    Link
    To anyone planning to drop this halfway, I swear you wont ever regret it reading the whole 2000++ chapters! If you think some characters are too annoying bc they are unkillable, hang on, there's a much bigger scheme behind this :)))

Sky Farrow likes this.
  12. Lv1 Slime

Lv1 Slime Halfway to Lv2...

Reading List:
    Link
    Refinement path? I'm sort of disappointed. I would have liked it if he took a path that was more combative. Speaking of refinement, what happened to the Lang Ya land spirit?

13. kineticblast

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no weak path in this world only weak people, refinement path is op.
    Fang Yuan can literally eat your dao marks and make it his own. He already has millions of dao marks from all the celestial grottos he eats for breakfast, he can make all of them combine and attack with over 100 million dao marks from every school. Plus if you use an attack with dao marks like Constellation immortal venerable used, he'll eat that too making it worthless. Fang Yuan is so powerful right now, he's suppressing three venerables at once. He beat the shit out of Gloomy soul, he smacked Ju Yang around, and put constellation in her place. Most importantly he even killed Paradise with one hand, Fang Yuan with his refinement dao is the strongest venerable alive
    Oh also Lang Ya get annexed by Fang Yuan and gets to chill in his aperture. But since Fang Yuan forces are so big, Lang Ya doesn't even get a mention. Other than the occasional big gu refinement, but even that is useless to Fang Yuan. Since he can refine rank 8 gu like roasting beans.

14. Quoc123

Quoc123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 11th venerable, Refining Heaven Demon Venerable, Fang Yuan

15. kineticblast

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was Heaven Refining Demonic Venerable

16. karking

karking New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to ma hong youn and the girl?

17. gangsar1998

gangsar1998 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ma hong yun is still dead, both his body and soul is in fy hand

AkGold likes this.
  18. AkGold

AkGold Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank fucking god. I was catching up on the chapters and Ma Hong Yun is so damn annoying. I literally searched for spoilers to see when he dies.

19. digass01

digass01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's Great Love immortal venerable. FY claimed he was going to join the righteous faction, refine gu for everyone equally and that from now on he was going to be a saint xD.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Sky Farrow likes this.
  20. Lilix66

Reading List:
    Link
    Yall fang yuan is the most kind and loving person in the whole 5 regions and 2 heavens because he is the Great Love Immortal Venerable! :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

Sky Farrow likes this.