Sleepwalking

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tsukkin, Dec 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    So this morning my grandma told me that at 3 in the morning my 10y.o cousin walked around in the kitchen looking confused. So she had sleepover last night and at 3am she unlock the bedroom door and went outside looking for water to wash her mouth, or so she said when my grandma asked her what she was doing in the kitchen in the middle of the night. Fyi my grandma woke up bcs of the noise she made when opening the door. I bet she won't remember this when she woke up today.

I think sleepwalking is quite scary, i mean u can do dangerous things unconsciously. Do you guys have similar experience as this one? I'm quite concerned for my cousin, what if something happened when she's sleepwalking

Potatoes likes this.
  2. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    idk,
    apparently one night when i was a kid, I sleep walked down stairs and my aunt and mom saw me (the rest of the house was still awake).
    she asked me if I'm okay, and then I hugged her, and cried while shouting "mummy!" for a long time, and then left and went back to the room to sleep.

the next morning she asked me what the hell was that, and I had no recollection of bawling eyes out and calling my aunt "mum" with my actual mum next to her.

Tsukkin likes this.
  3. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    Attach a bell or something to her door that'll alert you if it opens in the night if this thing happens regularly.
    Otherwise you should probably just consult actual medical websites about sleepwalking instead of isekai and wuxia readers.

Tsukkin likes this.
  4. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Or an actual doctor.

Tsukkin likes this.
  5. Dudduls

Dudduls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have sleepwalked at least 6 times. Apparently I go in my bed again if you tell me to. Woke up in the couch if the livingroom one day. Nothing really dangerous.

6. Arkus86

Arkus86 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I remember once on a shool trip, I managed to enter the room where our teachers were sleeping before I properly woke up, at which point I had only a vague idea of how I got there or why I got up in the first place. It made a rather embarrassing experince.
    Anyway, if it's singular event, I would not get concerned over it, but if it happens regularly, it might be better to consult professionals, as it can be quite dangerous in extreme cases.

Tsukkin likes this.
  7. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Years ago, my mom peaked in my room (she said it was near midnight, when she got off her shift) and saw me sitting up and chanting. I don't remember it, but she said it scared the hell out of her. Then I stopped and went back to sleep.

Maybe this is why I don't have dreams anymore.

Tsukkin likes this.
  8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that's awkward

As for sleep walking, no clue... Worst I've seen is thrashing around in sleep and maybe rolling over the edge.

9. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I sleep nakiiid...

:facepalm:

10. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    the trick is to never sleep

Tsukkin likes this.
  11. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Your neighbours must love you then.. :blobpopcorn_cool:

Lazriser, Tsukkin, Lonelycity and 2 others like this.
  12. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    When i was younger, i sometime sleepwalked. I only know this because i woke up lying elsewhere. The couch. The carpet. The dog. My bed, but the wrong way around. Basically, i apparently just laid down on anything that was soft. Though, i never went through closed doors, so it wasnt too worrying.

Tsukkin likes this.
  13. Potatoes

Potatoes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My friend told me he had sleepwalked one time and his mom saw him and told him the next day... So what he did was he got out from his room, went to a wall and peed on it...

Tsukkin likes this.
  14. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Slap the all the way from the realm of dreams to the mortal realm of humans
    Something to boast about in the future

15. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I sleepwalked to the point my parents had to LOOK for me during an event
    I sleepwalked to my sisters bedroom and slept together on their bed.
    I sleepwalked places. And all that memory is nothing but what my family told me.

Good memories though. Thankfully nothing bad ever happened and at most it was just worrying some people.

I still prefer having dreams though. I wonder when's my next deja vu gonna be. I have a thing where I dreamt about something and that dream happened for real a month or a year later, and that memory of the dream clicks to me.

Tsukkin likes this.
  16. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also @Tsukkin take care of that cousin will ya. 10 yrs old sleepwalking is just the beginning. There'll be plenty of episodes of repeating that sleepwalking session. Hopefully nothing dangerous considering I never got into harm but who knows.

20+ years old and still sleepwalks about once a year.

Tsukkin likes this.
  17. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed as of late that I've been sleep fighting again. A few months back I woke up yelling at things from my dreams, and it's starting to escalate. Just a few weeks ago I lunged across the bed and punched the wall, again a few days ago I did the same trying to tackle someone... ended up head butting the wall. I wouldn't really care much as the offending wall is rather sturdy, but it normally screws up my back for the day. There is also the fact if I was to lunge the other direction I would have about a 4 foot drop off the bed...

Tsukkin likes this.
  18. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's a common enough occurrence for me to mumble in my sleep or get up on my ass, look around and yell at people.
    Furthest i've gotten while sleepwalking that i have proof of was to get out of bed and turn the lights on, then go back to sleep.
    But witnesses have told me that while i looked like i wanted to go places when sleepwalking, i was too lazy to get out of bed, mumbled in frustration and went back to sleep, with my ass up as if rebelling against the world...

I remember reading that stress and excess energy can trigger sleepwalking events. And drugs...

Supposedly, you can reduce the chances of triggering it if you unwind your body with light exercises and go to sleep with an empty mind and a clean heart.
    If your brain is still active as you sleep, low level neural activity can spark the recreation of a recent activity or that of a well practiced routine.
    Dream state may also influence movements as connections that should normally shut down during sleep still remain active.

So, try to have nice, calming dreams if you can control them and just will yourself to stop, lie down, relax and wake the f up.

Tsukkin likes this.
  19. xxxTenshixxx

xxxTenshixxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your friend peed on the wall

At one time my little brother sleepwalk and peed on the TV.

And another time, I saw him sleepwalk toward a drawers, then opened it. He suddenly began pulling his pants down. Luckily before he fully put his pants down, he became slightly half-asleep as I guided him all the way to the toilet, and afterward went back to bed on his own.

Tsukkin, Lonelycity and Potatoes like this.
  20. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She might be your real mother.