Recommendations Strong Female Protagonists With Specific Traits/Plots

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Chewie, May 1, 2018.

1. Chewie

Chewie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been about 2 and a half year since I have started reading novels from novelupdates, amongst those novels ranged from Chinese to Japanese and rarely but some Korean. I have read most of the transmigration novels or black bellied CEO/ possessive Boss. I have also read reverse harems for females and harems for males. I have also tried books with trilogy series by Tang Qi Gong Zi or all the series by the author named Chestnuts. These stories are namely 1vs 1 happy ending with a huge dosage of fluff. There was also the system transmigrating ones where one mc crosses into multiple worlds to solve missions. As for Japanese, I have read crossing to another world mostly female leads and rarely any male ones since they were largely surrounded by overly sexualized female breasts. I have tried reverse harem but not the "actual" ones and mainly otome centered themes. An instance can be the antagonist was where the mc took place and they have to avoid death flags. Usually, these plots come out to two types of endings. 1. The mc gets along with the heroine and creates her own reverse harem with EVERYONE in it like Bakarina. 2. The mc doesn't get along with the heroine and the heroine becomes the main antagonist with mls hating the herione instead.

Honestly, I want to get something fresh to read. I enjoy transmigration a lot and would not mind reading more of those with similar starting plots. However, why is the plot always making the mc so op and the same typical flat 2D evil family? I do not believe that families can be this ruthless. Yes, some could but not everyone has to hate the mc for the ml to protect her...

I can go on and on about the cliche events in these plots but I will get straight to the point. Can someone offer me a decent plot with romance, not overly cliche? My request should not be high:

1. Strong and pretty female lead NOT DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
    2. Well developed plot meaning that it stays that way to the end or manages to end without any loose ends remaining
    3. Ancient preferably or transmigrations could work as well; it doesn't matter for both Chinese or Japanese novels
    4. If the plot is reverse harem...ARE THE CHARACTERS DEVELOPED PROPERLY??
    - I have read so many Chinese reverse harems where the mls are getting nice pacing and properly developed but then goes 180 the moment he sets eyes on mc or if the mls starts interacting with the mc, the author will forget about them after they did it with the mc
    5. Doesn't matter if it is xian xia, wu xia, rebirth, time travel, and etcetera....
    6. HE
    7. No more ice blocks for the past few years into sweetheart within a second, that is not possible for such a swift character change. I feel like the standard male leads for these Chinese novels are stoned face handsome males. Where is the attraction with ice blocks? This essentially makes the females seem cheap as they fall for the looks and status. I am also making a point by how much they are chasing to get that ice block. WHERE ARE THE CHEERFUL MALE LEADS?!
    8. Calculating characters will be appreciated <3
    9. PLEASE STOP THE NEEDLESS ANTAGONIST THAT ARE JUST THERE FOR A CERTAIN ACTION OR AS A CANNON FODDER!! Every time I read about those stupid cousins or sisters vying for nothing but to destroy the mc with utterly no reason... I had to roll my eyes.
    10. Gender bender would be nice~~
    11. Optional: comedy ^_^ it wouldn't hurt to add some laughs

It doesn't matter if the novel is raw or translated as long as the novels meet the requirements.
    Perhaps some nice suggestion can be similar to:

The Pillow Book
    All of the novels by Chestnut
    Chu Wang Fei
    Stunning Edge
    Common Sense of the Duke's Daughter
    Yu Ren

There are more... but this is all I can remember atm

How about a princess as the main character who governs and improve common citizen's lives? Or a ghost inhibiting different bodies never reincarnating as the main character and eventually transmigrating to the ancient world?

I live for the interactions and adore interactions!!! If such a character with such a background and such a personality was to be placed in a certain setting, what will happen? I want a plot where I can get excited for the large contrast of character's upbringing to the new culture and influence and how they will adapt.

2. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what you are looking for:
    Miao Shou Xian Dan, it is a manga though.

I do not know if there is a novel like this.

Chewie likes this.
  3. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon... [snake] [tubby-lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    Imsobored and Sherrynity like this.
  4. LOTRfreak101

LOTRfreak101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well it's a japanese novel about a completely Average girl would was reincarnated called I said make my Abilities Average. it's a funny heart warming story with pretty realistic characters and no romance.

eyeZach90 likes this.
  5. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon... [snake] [tubby-lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot to ad- both are hilarious n completed

And another one: I'm back in the other world?!

6. Randompasserby

Randompasserby Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To Be A Virtuous Wife.
    Just a transmigrated woman enjoying life while managing the rear court as as a Princes Consort (yeah she's already married from the very start) and the Male Lead really, and I mean REALLY, has to work his ass off in terms of sincerity to finally move her.
    Eight Treasures Trousseau
    By same author, a bit more active MC and much more vicious mc. Picture Perfect couple with a lot of dark undercurrents

digitalreader likes this.
  7. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll live my second life

Unfavouted princess disgusies herself as a boy to become a knight. Shenanigans ensue

maru_1 likes this.
  8. Aaliya3321

Aaliya3321 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I highly recommend
    The novel Return of the Swallow
    (i would link it but NUF won't let me)
    Edit: I forgot to add a description.
    This is not transmigration or world traveling.
    It's about a girl in ancient China (I think) who was kidnapped as a baby and then returned to her family as an adolescent. After she was kidnapped she lived the hard life. Fighting and stuff. When she returned to her family her family "hates" her because the baby put there in replacement of her doesn't want to lose her position. It's sorta confusing. Read it it's good. She's not OP. She's sorta violent. She feels helpless often and searches for familial love.

KanaeRei99, etvolare and Chewie like this.
  9. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
  10. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. GingerWyrm

GingerWyrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Aru4689

Aru4689 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fulminata likes this.
  13. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    While I don't have any novels in mind that fit all of your criteria, I do have a translator/author who's English Original Stories fit enough of your criteria regularly enough for me to recommend them. The author/translator's site is https://honyakusite.wordpress.com/, and they tend to post chapters of their original works alongside their translations.

Some direct story recommendations:
    Wizard with the Flower Blades. Effeminate looking boy (MC) gets persuaded to play a VRMMO by a friend of his. The default appearance of that boy is female, which is an issue due to the fact that, while in the middle of character creation, the MC gets summoned to another world with the default avatar as his body (aka, sent to another world while genderbent). Follow the story of this OP Genderbent Sword Otaku as she spends her time learning and developing in this new world.

OriginStory the VRMMO: The Advent of Axebear. Slice of Life playing a VRMMO with a Female MC who's capable and knows it. Admittedly, she has a large chest, but the images drawn by the author easily show that it's not in the realm of absurdly large. I honestly think that you would enjoy this MC, she's playing and powerful, but is play VRMMO purely for her own enjoyment and screw everything else.

Fluvia Dellarose was Supposed to be an Otome Game's Mini-Boss Villian, but Her Strong Maternal Instincts Prevailed! - As Expected of a Former Single-Mom. Yes, the name does say it all. MC is a former single-mom who reincarnates into a mini-boss of an Otome Game that her daughter was obsessing over due to the character having next to no in-game information revealed beyond what was directly plot relevant, despite the fact that she was a major force behind many of the mechanizations of the game's Villain. After reincarnating she immediately starts "mothering" everyone around her, to what seems to be their benefit. This is the shortest of the stories at 10 chapters currently, as this story is basically the author going "I had this idea, and it wouldn't stop bothering me, so I'll just make it". The MC is yet to get out of hospital after her reincarnation, so I can't exactly say which way it's going to go, but I feel like this author tends to write good characters and thus feel like it's something to be hopeful about.

drollawake, digitalreader and Chewie like this.
  14. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is this novel is suit for you. Mc is strong and has 12 male lead
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-12th-palace-of-beautiful-men.61710/
    Here is mc transmiggration as baby crown princess. As a princess, she works hard to become good Queen. Mc is strong, prodigy. She has good family. It's true reverse harem https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...generation-of-unstable-turbulent-queen.63981/
    Here another popular strong female mc novel
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/mini-godly-doctor.64077/

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Chewie likes this.
  15. Chewie

Chewie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah!~ Thank you, everyone, who has taken the time to answer my whim of a request. I enjoyed each novel recommended and amongst some, I realized are repeated. Haha, I have read most of the novels translated by Dreams of Jianghu. I got to say all of their novel choices are splendid.

I will take my time to delve into those novels. If there are any more that fits my criteria, it would be lovely for you to share! :)

16. Juvam

Juvam Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    Xiebing Defies The Heavens - strong FMC
    Unscrupulous Enchantress: The Young Miss Has Arrived!
    Cool Goddess Special Agent
    Sons, too mensao

18. 3xtBlade

3xtBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good For Nothing 7th Young Lady
    Well u dont get some typical black bellied ml but a quiet and even... shy ml? The romance is slow initially but builds up in the later parts of the story. And while it still has the typical evil uncle and aunts, hey at least the grandpa is on the mc's side. Quite a bit of gender bender along the way.

Crayon likes this.
  19. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For a Prosperous World. It's one of the more unique stories out there because it's about an immortal living through hundreds and thousands of years of history, with the main settings being Warring States Qin and Three Kingdoms Wei. It also has genderbending, lots of great character interaction, good male characters, and the protagonist is the one who does the saving instead of being the damsel in distress. There's no romance; which may be a turn off, but it also means there are no crappy male love interests either.

20. WB

WB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link