So what if it's an RPG World...

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Yuki_Makoto13, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Yuki_Makoto13

Yuki_Makoto13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading this novel and so far it's kinda jumbled up... I don't know if it's just plain bullshit or not but for me, it's like an amusing kind of bullshit... What do you guys think?

I'm currently at the end of volume 2 and so far it's kinda amusing and annoying at the same time...

[​IMG]

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It gets more jumbled later on

Phantom Starlight and Evertime like this.
  3. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    it's quite difficult to read sometimes
    but still better than invisible dragon

TianKrea, Nisemono and Cupcake Ninja like this.
  4. Lionking

Lionking Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this kind of novel it's very funny

5. Vyren

Vyren Version 3.33

Reading List:
    Link
    So what? If it's an rpg world, it's bound to have some crazy stuff...hue hue

6. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    The stories is too random for me... -_-"

7. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the title of the book and understand how many fucs the author gave on the story

8. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more of an annoying bullshit the further you're in.

9. kenneth223

kenneth223 『The Weird One』『User who faps to Drinks』 

Reading List:
    Link
    Trust me, after volume 8, plot starts to jumble all over the place as if you were in space looking for the plot.... you will be like "so where's the plot going again? And why is it becoming aimless? And why am I still reading this?"

10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it for fun. With a very light heart.

Everyone saying the plot gets more and more jumbled are completely right. I believe that's why Scrya stopped translating it, lmao.

TianKrea likes this.
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix Nameless Wanderer 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Forget the plot. The mechanics, world, and everything that was slowly built up is tossed out he window continuously. I stopped trying to follow the game system after the sudden change to the exp requirements after his first death

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  12. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    ...i just got to say that at like volume 8 it got kinda too jumbled for me. But it was still pretty good, i should get back to it. But that damn abusive loli should just die, i hate her. Well, that;s all, its a good read but you might get a bit frustrated later.

13. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my favourite novels to read.

The novel has no real plot, it's basically playing an mmorpg with only side-quests which the mc can drop at any notice and switch to a different side-quest.

It is basically a novel where the characters just dicks around. I pretty much treat it as a slice-of-life novels.

I just don't like the latest chapters release. I prefer the MC split up from the group.

It's unfortunate for us fans of the novel, but scrya put the novel translation on hiatus.

14. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    thats a damn perfect way to put it, really. props, bro.

15. sab19

sab19 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was good until the end of vol 8. I stopped reading shortly after that

16. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite like this story, but I will be honest. If Scrya wasn't doing it a chapter a day I probably would have dropped it ages ago. (as many previous people said, the story kinda got messy) Not sure whether I will pick it up again if it is translated again.

17. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it once and picked it back up only for several more random left turns that left me completely lost and dropped it a second time.

Haven't felt a need to pick it back up yet. I really like the novel, when I get into it, but the plot development was just one jarring event after another. I got tired of having the story that was happening practically get abandoned for a new set of characters every few dozen chapters.

18. Thewishmaker

Thewishmaker 『Jirachi』『Nefasdet's Servant』『NUF 1st Duke House』

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like if the author does everything perfectly I could be a masterpiece that ties up all lose ends and explains the reasons for everything being the way it is. However I think the book isn't trying to be an incredible book but instead is trying let you feel feeling of a game like one of the elder scrolls games in a book.

While the elder scrolls games are set in this huge fantastical world with tons of people and some really big main story quest line that the fate of the world rests on you completing. But instead of doing that, while trying to complete one early quest you instead get stuck on some side quest that takes you in a completely different direction and the main story quest gets shelved to help a farmer protect his crops from wolves or find some relic in some distant cave and while you are looking for that cave to get the relic you enter a town and decide to join an assassins guild and to get enough money to buy a house you do a few quests for that guild and in the middle of one you find a cool looking dungeon that has some really good loot in it and you spend several hours exploring it and when you com out you have to head to the nearest town to sell all of the crappy swords and jewels you found where you find a quest to take a message to another town.....

And you get the picture. That's how the book feels with nothing being completed so that a new quest can get picked up with new companions. At some point you may even complete the main quest line but you still have 50 uncompleted quests to collect relics all over the world that will never get done. Thats how I see this book.

Eternal Liar likes this.