Spoiler [BL] The Demon King Always Thinks I’m Secretly In Love With Him [Transmigration Novel]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by MonaLily, Nov 8, 2018.

1. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
  2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    lizabernal96, MonaLily and Kleep like this.
  3. MonaLily

MonaLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    readerz likes this.
  4. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome! I hope we can read more chapters soon, lol. I wonder if he will have to tear his own pants off, loooooool!

Kleep and MonaLily like this.
  5. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    LAST PART OF THE SPOILERS ===========

(continuation from the last update)
    The day of the crowning / wedding ceremony has been selected. After the discussion of the crowning ceremony, ML left. There was an earthquake and a sudden ray of light bursting from the Palace. Protag's Dragon sword has awaken. Suddenly, the main system sent a message "Protag's cultivation has reached required level, Hidden Mission unlocked, counting down - 33 days to total world destruction. User please prepare to exit the simulation." MC called for Xiao Ling, but only to be replied with the same system message. Another system message appeared, and this time It's from Ji Yuan (The MC's brother's friend)

JY, not knowing the error of MC's transmigration, thinking that MC is Zhou Ying and left him a message. JY informs that 5 years has passed in real time, and his brother has awaken from the coma 4 years ago. Behind all this, is his Uncle, who wants to sabotage his family - his brother's accident, and even his transmigration to this world were all his doings. His Uncle has secretly set up the simulation system, in which when MC(as Zhou Ying) reaches higher cultivation, the world will self destruct in 33 days. Remember, to end the simulation is to finish your ultimate quest. In MC's (as Zhou Ying) case, it's to ascend as the protagonist. 33 days is not enough for MC to ascend to the heavens, hence will definitely result in MC's death. (BUT RN MC IS NOT ZHOU YING WTF.)

JY wanted to forcefully pull MC out of the simulation but failed because doing so is going against the settings of the system. JY must find a way that complies with the system but also able him to enter. JY ended up developing a team of tech people and slipped into the simulation, dropping a Data Patch (like a game) in the simulation. JY urges MC to retrieve the data patch at TengYun Sect (Zhou Ying's cultivation school). Once the patch is obtained, MC's cultivation level will be close to ascension. However, the sides requirement of the patch is that MC (as Zhou Ying) need to kill XZT. once XZT is killed, ascension will occur automatically. so... MC has to kill... himself?

After listening to all these, Xiao Ling came back online, but is not aware of what's going on. MC told everything to Xiao Ling and Xiao Ling also told him the truth behind his transmigration. Back then when the transmigration was processing, the Main System detected an intruder (it's JY hahahah) trying to stop the transmigration. To protect itself, Main System transported Xiao Ling and MC to a central space in the system, so technically, they did not spend 5 years in the simulation, but instead spend 5 years sleeping in the central space system. Xiao Ling was not able to tell the truth to MC before, but recently she noticed Main System's control over her has weakened (she thought it was a virus, (and the virus is JY and his team) ), so she decided to tell the truth to him.

MC told Xiao Ling about JY, and asked if there was any way to save JY too, but Xiao Ling couldn't believe there was another user who transmigrated, since she did not detect any. Xiao Ling also informs MC that JY probably lost his memories and thinks himself is a part of the world, like all the people to transmigrated. The reason MC is able to retain his memories is probable due to the time spend in central space system. MC becomes very worried and upset -- how the hell is he going to find a person who lost his memories? that person probably didn't even know he has lost his own memories. Xiao Ling tries to comfort MC and tells him not to worry. JY came in with thru a special method, and since he is here to save MC, his own ultimate quest is probably something related to assisting MC. So if MC finishes his ultimate quest, rest assured, JY's ultimate quest will also probably complete, making JY able to exit this simulation too!

MC agrees with Xiao Ling and focused on saving himself first, but he still has something troubling him -- MC wants to save ML too. (Poor MC still didn't notice ML is JY hahahahahaha). Xiao Ling reminds him that ML is just a bunch of data, nothing to get emotional about. Seeing how upset MC become, Xiao Ling proposed a way to save ML. Eventho not 100% completely guaranteed, Xiao Ling could try to make a copy of ML's data into her system, replacing her own. With her own data cleared, Xiao Ling will lost all of her memories with MC. Promised to assist MC fully, Xiao Ling volunteered to sacrifice herself.

MC is now XZT, he couldn't possible kill himself and survive at the same time, but since the requirement of "killing XZT" does not have further explanations, MC thought of a loophole on it. By making Protag thinking that he kills XZT, it will still probably trigger the data patch.

MC ran and found Protag being totally unaware of what kind of power his awakened sword holds. MC quickly grabbed Protag and ran but is blocked by HFH and Zhong Suo (another of the four people squad). MC stayed to hold both of them off while telling Protag to escape. Just as Protag wanted to leave the area, ML appeared and stopped him. Now seen as the rebels/ betrayers, MC begged for ML to help them both escape. ML wanted to let them both escape, but he couldn't do it infront of all his subordinates -- he loves MC but he is also the Demon King. ML told MC that if he could survive 3 of his punches, he'll let both of them pass. ML purposely set MC up because unknowing to his subordinates, MC still wears the Pearl. The Pearl is powerful enough to withstand 3 full blows of ML's punches, meaning that ML is still secretly helping MC. However, Protag did not know this. Protag wants to save his dad so at the 3rd punch, Protag jumped infront of him and deflects the powerful punch with his sword. Both of them got heavily injured, but ML let them escape as promised.

some days passed as they stopped to recover themselves. Then, they finally reached TengYun Sect, found the data patch. Protag's cultivation power is now close to ascension, very powerful. MC tries to ask Protag to kill him now, but Protag refuses, still thinking MC is his father.

At the same time, ML and his generals have prepared to invade the Human Realm and destroy the last barrier seal, which is located under Teng Yun Sect. The Demons thought their invasion would be perfect, as it is an unexpected move. but however, LJF (the spy) has secretly betrayed the Demons and told the humans about the invasion, making them fully prepared as well. The war happens, both sides were hurt badly. MC, along with Protag, returns to TengYun Sect. MC helps ML to search for the barrier seal inside the Sect. Protag is torn between the humans and the demons. The humans asked Protag to side to them, since Protag is so powerful now, their hope to stop the invasion is put upon him; but on the other side Protag already has a soft spot for his "father", and wants to rescue him as well. Meanwhile, Xiao Ling is slowly clearing her own data, replacing it with ML's data.

The Barrier seal then emerges from the ground and MC threatens to destroy the seal if Protag doesn't kill him. Protag wouldn't want to hurt MC, but under the pressure, Protag summoned his sword and wanted to force MC to back away. MC threatens to destroy the seal again, wanting to trick Protag into killing him. But before Protag could respond, the TengYun Sect Leader came in and stopped MC, hurting MC badly. Knowing that if this continues, the two of them will both die here, ML handed MC over to Protag, asking him to protect MC (actually, he literally begged on his knees). on the other hand in order to urge Protag to help the humans, the Sect Leaders promise to spare MC's life.

Since MC's life is spared, Protag didn't have any hesitation anymore and fights ML. ML and Protag's power clashed, the huge wave of power colliding together caused the barrier seal to crack and collapse. Seeing the barrier shattered into pieces infront of their own eyes, the humans are in total shock and panic. MC was on his last breath by now and ML hold him in his arms. MC uses his last bit of power to delay his "death" and closes his eye, waiting to exit the simulation., but ML thought MC is dead and cried. Looking at the scene before his eyes, Protag thought he failed to protect his "father", that he indirectly "killed" his "father" and screamed in agony.

During the collapse of the simulation world, the all system spaces are heavy distorted. MC was transported to another system space, finding JY inside, and viewing all of his past memories. Only now he realises, ML, Demon King YongYe is JY.

After passing through a channel of light, MC woke up on the hospital bed, reuniting with everyone in the real world, including JY.

MC and ML(JY) were actually childhood friends at some point. They were both from rich families from the same neighborhood and their family attended parties together. ML took a liking to MC at a young age and wanted to get on his good side by showing him how awesome himself is. From horse riding class, to piano performance, to canvas drawings, ML would (aggressively) stick to MC and show the best of himself infront of him. But from MC's perspective, ML is a huge jerk who steals his spotlight every single time, making him look utterly useless and destroying his self esteem, indirectly making MC became a person who doesn't really have any aspirations and slack around all day. However, ML became good friends with MC's brother during highschool, making him having excuses to visit MC more. Unknowingly, ML develop a huge crush on MC, to the point he would stop any girls who confesses to MC.

Later, ML enrolled in a prestigious university overseas, and MC couldn't be happier -- FINALLY I HAVE THE CHANCE TO STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THAT JERK. Before going to overseas, it was MC's 18th birthday. MC will perform a piano concerto for his guests. Seeing this might be his last time spending together with MC in awhile, ML wanted to make things memorable between them, and forcefully performed a duet with him. Eventho the performance turned out wonderful, MC hated ML even more and rolled his eyes countless times during the party. Well, from ML's perspective, he thinks MC's angry face is cute.

After the MC's brother's accident, MC's family business went downhill, it was ML who came in and helped them. Later, it was also ML who volunteered to enter the simulation to save MC, fully knowing the risks of it.

finished updated the spoilers~~~ extras incoming~~~
    (it's a bit complicated during the final battle because it was so intense hahaha. if you have questions you can ask me.)

6. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to Xiao Ling in the end? I hope Xiao Ling is okay!

Ray Levantret and MonaLily like this.
  7. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    some interesting things to note ===== SPOILERS

1) d
    uring Xiao Ling's agreement between MC, Xiao Ling said she doesn't mind sacrificing for MC. She doesn't mind losing all of her memories because as long as MC is alive and happy, she believes MC will always be there to retell everything to her. T
    here was this gag in the novel where every time MC was caught in a difficult situation, and his life is threatened, Xiao Ling would say "Sir, please remember to rate 5 star good rating before you exit the system ! I served you well didn't I?" and MC would be annoyed by this. This time, Xiao Ling also said the exact same words, but it made MC teared up a little

(xiao ling is a good system ok.)

2) JY entered the simulation one month before MC's official start in the simulation (not counting the 5 year sleep in the central space system) after JY entering the simulation, their tech teams has been monitoring the loop holes and security of the system, making it weaker by day. This is what Xiao Ling meant by saying "the main system's control over me has become weakened over time, probably a virus". This is probably why back then MC is able to do OOC things more and more throughout the novel, and his failure of doing his daily mission ("flirting a woman") didn't result in punishment.

3) I think Protag actually believes that MC is his father. After saving him from the Palace dungeon, Protag has always called MC as "dad". and during their trip to TengYun Sect, MC tries to ask Protag to kill himself and said they weren't related. Protag wouldn't believe him. MC proceeds to throw a tantrum like an old dad by sitting on the ground saying "if you don't kill me i won't get up. kill me now" However, Protag just coos him and said "come on dad stop it, the ground's dirty. get up".

and in those instances where Protag came in and shields MC from attacks, MC is actually very touched and often said "I didn't raise a kid for nothing" (even tho he didn't)

4)
    during MC's last breath at the last battle, ML held MC in his arms, begging him to "not fall asleep". ML asks MC: "do you know what date it is today?". Seeing no response coming from MC, ML answered himself: "It's your coronation day -- the day we're supposed to get married". MC felt tears dropping on his cheeks.

MC seriously didn't think ML would remember such a thing in a battle, but he did.

EXTRAS ================

ML's tech team tries to stop the simulation from collapsing, but failed. MC got emotional for awhile, thinking about all the "people" he met inside. ML comforts him. MC thought about Xiao Ling and asked the technician to check on it. Since Demon King is a person, Xiao Ling wouldn't be able to copy his "data", then Xiao Ling's sacrifice means nothing.

After MC's error in transmigration, ML and MC's family sued the company in charge of the simulation technology and asked for compensation. In the end, ML stopped the company from developing this technology anymore. ML did think of asking the original development team to help rescue MC, however, the real inventor / developer of the technology has passed away, all hidden data are lost. So, ML was forced to set up a team from scratch.

2 days later, the team found Xiao Ling, just as expected, Xiao Ling remembers nothing. The team realises the AI system is named and based after the inventor's daughter, who died of cancer at the age of 13. and as promised, MC retells everything to Xiao LIng.

Since Xiao Ling couldn't copy any of ML's "data", Xiao Ling copied some of the simulated world's data by accident. With the data Xiao Ling copied, ML's personally asks the tech team to rebuild the simulation world, as a token of memory. tech team decides to utilize it and develop it into a full commercial AI system, and turns it into a huge business.

(this scene refers to back then between MC and Protag's first encounter, also where Protag first acquire the sword. It was a huge battle scene and MC pushes Protag down a cliff and Protag fell into a dark abyss where he found the sword. idk how to do this so i translated bits of it. it's quite emotional?)

-
    Zhou Ying was seen back in the battle, struggling. He ran towards the cliff, panting heavily.
    "Hahaha, Who's this? Something i left out?" a mysterious voice came in from above.

A shadow dropped from the sky. A handsome man appeared infront of him, his hair slightly wavy, eyes glimmering, lips curved into a crooked smile.

"Not running away?"

"Master Xie!" two men in black followed up behind and kneeled down.

Master.. Xie? It's kind of familiar... Zhou Ying seems to heard it somewhere..

Master Xie... Xi-Xie Ze Tian?

The name popped up in his mind but he's still clueless. Before he could react someone kicked him from the back and he fell off the cliff.

During his fall, his vision is blurred and some strange yet familiar scenes flashes in his mind. Is this his tunnel of light before he dies? Zhou Ying sank into the dark.

The next time he wakes up, he found a glowing white sword in his hands. He rubbed his face, realising it was covered with tears.

-

(i think this is the version of the simulation where ML's team later revived? since i went back and check, the dialogues/scenes were not exactly the same as what MC said when he was XZT. this version is the original shoe licking, cunning, arrogant XZT. and since Xiao Ling did manage to copy some data of the simulation world, i guess she copied some of Zhou Ying's data from THAT version, and the team revived him, with some of his previous memories loosely intact. So when he heard XZT's name, he triggered some of his previous memories? so that's why he cried? so in the end Zhou Ying really sees XZT as his father/important people? he was happy to meet him again but sad at the same time because XZT is cruel to him? idk man)

this extra is the sweet sweet fluffy story. MC was shy and avoided ML for some time because he finally realises ML's intention and what he did in the past, yes including the piano duet. ML accompanies MC with his physiotherapy. ML found the chance to prompt the "wedding conversation" by saying "5 years has passed and we're both old virgins now". (MC was 25 and JY was 27 when the novel started, now they're 30 and 32) their actual conversation is so fcking funny:

ML:" Xiao Bai (nickname), i'm an old virgin now. when i was 30 my parents desperately wanted me to get married, but i refuse to."
    MC: ...
    ML, softly:" By now, you know the reason why i refused to get married. Since you've woken from your coma, you should help me y'know."
    MC, heavy sweating:" you can't possible blame ME, it's your problem you didn't want to get married. If you really want to, there's tons of ladies waiting for you."
    ML:" but i don't like women."
    MC:" well,,, you can find other dudes, right?"
    ML:" but i don't want other guys."
    MC, intense blushing:" (changing the topic)... hahahahaha.. look! the weather sure is nice today..."

MC wanted to walk away but was hugged from behind.
    ML:" Xiao Bai, Let's get married."
    MC: *still blushing*
    ML:" You still owe me a wedding you know, that time you promised to marry me on your coronation day... you broke your promise.
    Since we missed that wedding in the simulation, let's make it up with a wedding in the real world. ok?"

HE SAID YES.
    (Xiao Bai is a fcking cute nickname oh my god. and did i mention the name Bai Yang is a pun on "smol white sheep" right? fluffy.. cute.. white sheep. Xiao Bai)

MC and ML's wedding with a Fantasy Theme where they actually dressed up like they were in the simulation. Since they are both rich families with huge family business, a lot of people attended their wedding, even the the press and media came. Rumor has it that both of them met in an online RPG game and fell in love... well, ML's tech team heard this rumor and planned to develop an MMORPG with Xiao Ling AI implemented.

After the wedding, they wanted to do the DO. However, they forgot that eventho they used to do it all the time back then, but it is in the simulation world. In the real world, they are both old virgins with no experience. MC shrieked in pain and was sent to the hospital. AAAaand.... the incident of both of them visiting the hospital on their first night was photographed by the paparazzi. They ended up on the search engine's "TOP SEARCHED" section the next day.

yay!! spoiler updates for this is completed!!
    PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO READING THE TRANSLATED CHAPTERS AND ENJOY THE WHOLE THING FULLY!!
    撒花~~~~~
    :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  8. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda feel sorry for Protag

No doubt he was a bunch of data, but still....

9. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR!!!! like-- i read the extra featuring Protag and i feel like my heart is being stabbed. :(

10. colina

colina Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for your updates!!! :cookie:

readerz and MonaLily like this.
  11. knokiyoh

knokiyoh New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh sweet!!! definitely going to check this out .

readerz and MonaLily like this.
  12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek: LOL I'm loving the part where he actually does run naked down the mountain. Then the Demon King "kindly" sent him clothes - but no pants! :LOL::ROFLMAO: I can just imagine MC accidentally flashing his "bits" every time he takes a step... rofl. :whistle:

Zukyun, Kleep, kiara8 and 2 others like this.
  13. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished binging this in a few days! Overall I wasn’t that attracted by the premise so the quality of the execution was a pleasant surprise!

I really loved the MC’s personality—he was a great combination of innocent cluelessness/laziness + diligence and quick thinking. It was great fun to see him struggle between his conscience/empathy and his will to survive, as well as the extent of his denial at the thought he could be feeling something towards ML.

Honestly, my favorite part of the novel was the father-son relationship between MC and the protag. They had so many cute moments together, with the MC as a Tsundere father figure lol. There were quite a few hilarious parts where the protag was the stereotypical rebellious son, where the MC was acting like a spoiled old dad, etc. I always looked forward to their scenes together.
    The 2nd extra was very short but very sad :( Please give me an ending where the protag gets to meet MC again!

14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Zukyun, pcheshire and AppleEmperor like this.
  15. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol no for reals some bl just sux.... I mean I like bl but it's impossible to love all bl. Same for other novels/anime/mangas. Just cuz you like hetero stuff doesn't mean you will like all hetero anime/manga/anime.

But I gotta say this novel is ridiculously hilarious!!! I can't wait till it's complicated!

puu264 and ignition-one like this.
  16. ignition-one

ignition-one Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really liking the story so far. The translation is a bit slow right now but I hope I can finish more chapters this February.

Zukyun, akihiki, puu264 and 4 others like this.
  17. Zukyun

Zukyun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so thirsty for updates I got desperate and ended up here. I can't wait to read the full chapters!!! I've got a lot to look forward to ^_^

18. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This... Was not what u expected from the spoilers...
    This is basically romanticized rape?! If your partner is saying no, it means no!! Not, 'oh they really secretly want it bc they love me!'

19. Xian-laoshi

Xian-laoshi Teacher Hamsie Xian

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation is so slow so I didn't mind reading the spoilers thinking that it was just another typical transmigration novel but ghaaaaaaad! It's so good! It exceeded my expectations! Too bad I can't understand Chinese and MTL is a bad influence for an English non-native speaker like me.

I just have a question. Are the smut scenes explicit? Hehe.

Sivajani likes this.
  20. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Are they explicit?