Spoiler There’s Always a Protagonist with Delusions of Starting a Harem

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    can you please spoil me the counterattack for the zombie arc? pretty please orz

2. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Mtling the zombie arc, so far I'm really liking Liang Ping though. He seems really cute, like a child. And MC keeps giving him fruits

mmellowyelloww, Ryss and Poor_Hero like this.
  3. cheerydandan

Reading List:
    Link
    Hnmmm....the MTL for the zombie arc is not too bad. Actually a bit easy.
    So from where I am, MC gets to meet with protag's third ML and makes a deal to follow him, in exchange for food. I think the third ML might have a metal ability since he always has a scalpel with him. So they set off back to the base. Meet a few zombies along the way, kicked their butt. Third ML Is Liang Ping, he's very efficient with the scalpel. Killed some zombies and offered MC the nucleus for the fruit. MC rejects cause he could not absorb it and it just hurts his spiritual/mental powers. Liang ping was grateful. They go back to the base, MC reunites with his dad. He tells them about the incoming zombies and that the lowest level was third. That caused a shock cause that was strong. They needed
    To evacuate soon. The second ML joins in looking guilty, and was about to take the blame of losing MC when protag enters and says that it was his fault that MC had been separated from them. So don't blame second ML etc.... Dad was mad that he was eavesdropping. Protag admitted that he accidentally kicked MC. MC was like, yeah it was a pretty strong kick and it dislocated my wrist but if it weren't for that I wouldn't have gained an ability. MC reveals he has space and that it has fruits. Protags face went bad since he needed seeds to plant in his space. So anyway MC continues about how they need to evacuate and protag keeps opposing him. Wei smth (2nd ML ) sides with MC on this one and begins to notice how whiny protag is. They make a plan to leave but there's a division cause some people want to stay and such.
    I'll leave that there since I can't type that well on phone.hehe

juanexbi, Xi-hime, Renn Kazma and 5 others like this.
  4. cheerydandan

Reading List:
    Link
    Had to share this. ML is a shameless scientist.

A breeze blew, and Zhong Qiu suddenly appeared next to Ye Zhizhou. He was holding a small bag in his hand and smiling at him.
    "Xiaochen, I also found a few potatoes to help you dig back." Speaking to Li Hao, he stepped forward and said, "Hello, my name is Zhong Qiu, I am Xiaochen's boyfriend, thank you taking care of him."

This is the first thing ML says upon going back to MC's base. He's an assertive one. Everyone freaks out.

Alniyat, Heungbo, Renn Kazma and 7 others like this.
  5. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Protag is Si Han, his father is a successful businessman. When he was young he was kidnapped but somehow escaped and stowed away in a van and was sent to another city.

Mom couldn’t take the news so dad adopted Qin Bao who looks 70-80% like him and forced him to behave like his lost son (such an asshole). Eventually QB grew up believing he was the true son due to the constant brainwashing.

Eventually SH moves back to his original city (was adopted by a teacher, and ends up in the same college/uni and same course. QB becomes suspicious and gets a private detective to investigate him, finding out he was the real son. He then uses all sorts of methods to deal with SH.

ML1 = Xing Guan, SH’s childhood sweetheart (also got kidnapped together but was somehow returned/rescued)

ML2 = Wei Song Ning, protag’s adoptive father’s only son.

ML3 = Si Yue’s (Si Han’s eldest bro) buddy, Wei Zhuang who exposes QB’s bullying of SH.

ML4 = School (? Uni?) doctor, Lu Chen

ML5 = Single dad, He Jing

Ye Zhizhou = Qin Bao

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    juanexbi, Alniyat, Xi-hime and 12 others like this.
  6. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting fo more! :sushi_peak::sushi_hide:

7. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    This arc is a bit hard to understand QAQ

Seems like ML (not protag’s ML) is some blonde haired green-eyed foreigner? called Qin Mo. I still don’t know his background though, so far I don’t see it being mentioned. Seems like he’s looking for QB.

Also QB had some dream about his past, seems like the circumstances are fishy as well, and his background may be significant.

Also mom sincerely loves QB even though she already knows he’s not SH.

LC had gone to the cinema, and somehow left something behind (a cartoon rattle?) on the counter when he bought the ticket. QM passes by and sees it, forcefully steals buys it for lots of money despite counter staff’s protest.

Then he is told by his assistant that the old chairman is waiting for his return. On the way to airport(?) he glimpses LC and jumps out of the car (car is stationary at that moment), chasing after him into the train station. He is stopped at the gantry because he doesn’t have a ticket and misses LC

Skipping a bunch of stuff that I’m not too clear on.

Protag is not what he seems and appears to already know his true identity. Keeps giving ‘hints’ to MC to jog his memory lol. During military training, he pretends to faint and MC carries him to the doctor (ML 4, Lu Chen). Along the way, protag mutters about kidnapping blabla. MC puts him on the bed and asks ML4 to check him since he fainted and is muttering nonsense, saying he fainted 2 days ago but the doctor on duty did not find anything. ML4 checks his temperature and is angry because he thinks protag is pretending to be sick to skip military training. MC says this is not the first time protag fainted, so ML4 checks the records and found that the other doctor had helped him to fake it (?). MC says but he usually is a good person and a great class rep and ML4 says ‘a class rep behaves like this?’. Probability of love drops to 70%.

Protag who is totally faking it chooses to wake up, pretend not to remember anything and walks out. Probability of love drops to 50%.

juanexbi, Xi-hime, Zhen_Qing and 15 others like this.
  8. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be confusing some points, so read this with a grain of salt.
    MC transmigrate into the body of the substitute child. The original story goes that the substitute was taken in after the real child got kidnapped and disappeared. He's a substitute but after to constant pampering (read: brainwashing) he really thought he's the real deal. Then comes in Protagonist. He looked just like the substitute and even their behaviour is about the same. This and that happened, with everyone thinking substitute is copying the Protagonist (not really, he was just told to behave that way since he was a child) and the Protagonist turning out to be the real child, the substitute got branded as someone who tried to steal the real child's position.

Read that? Okay, this is what really goes on behind the scene.
    Real child got kidnapped and taken away. Father found substitute and had him replace the real child, even goes so far to make sure he behaves like the real child. These constant training made him think he's the real child, forgetting he is just a substitute.

The father is not a loyal, long suffering, devoted husband. He planned for the Protagonist to replace the substitute as the real child because he wants Protagonist to be on the family tree. Inheritance and all.

The Protagonist is not the real child. He is the "loyal and devoted" father's illegitimate child. He grew up to look almost like how the real child would have looked in his teen since they share the same father.

The kidnapping was orchestrated by the Protagonist's mother (not sure if father knows) but I forgot why. It could be because she was jealous of father's wife or it could be because she wants Protagonist to replace real child.

The real child is actually dead. MC later on told his mother about this, even went to dig up the place where the real child was buried. So you see how laughable it is when the Protagonist claimed he's the real child?

The substitute once lived with ML and his family. Don't remember what happened, but they got separated and ML left for overseas. He returned to mainland to find substitute/MC.

juanexbi, Xi-hime, Heungbo and 17 others like this.
  9. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Edited the description for ML2, misunderstood the MTL. He’s actually Wei Jian Jun’s (protag’s adoptive father’s) only son :notlikeblob: sorry guys only realised it when I skimmed the raw

Wei Song Ning (WSN - ML2) is currently an intern with a law firm, in two years he will become a famous lawyer. His relationship with protag was the slowest to establish since he thought that protag was the kind who looked down on the poor and loved the rich, that he forgot his adoptive father when he found his rich biological parents.

But then he saw protag also wasn’t living a good life with his new family and his heart softened, their relationship got better and eventually tumbled into bed together after getting drunk.

Now the relationship is fairly good, MC spies on protag and WSN during lunch where protag pretends to be filial to his adoptive father (protag seems to be a white lotus lol)

Google TL-san, how do you translate Si Yue as secretary and Si Han as Osamu? :blobrofl:

MC goes to see WZ (ML3) and gives him protag’s hair asking him to check if he is the biological son of his parents. The tests come back positive for dad but negative for mom. MC calls up his brother and tells him the news and bro comes over for chat with him and WZ. He says he suspected that MC was his father’s illegitimate son but to spare his mom the pain, he hid it from her. MC apologises for taking his little bro’s place for so long. Then MC says, well. I can also be considered your little brother, my mom was your mom’s sister. (Chinese ppl also call their cousins brother and sister)

So there was this very efficient secretary in the company who was in charge of taking care of mom. When Qin Bao died in jail, she ‘accidentally’ let mom overhear that conversation, causing her to have a mental breakdown and sent to hospital.

Even more frightening is, this secretary ‘took care’ of her when she was in hospital, and 2 years later mom died.

MC asked system to restore her original appearance (it’s hidden behind bangs and glasses and she wears very old fashioned clothes) and finds that she’s actually delicate and beautiful. The one time when she asked for extended leave due to her father’s ‘illness’, compared to the current age of protag, he is almost certain she is protag’s mom

So since dad is aware that SH is his illegitimate son, why doesn’t he divorce mom and marry secretary so SH can be his legal son? MC suspects dad had a hand in killing his parents as well. At the end of everything, the entire Zhong family was wiped out.

While he is pondering this and staring up into the sky, a hand reaches out and shades his eyes from the sun, asking “Don’t your eyes feel uncomfortable?” Then that person touches his face.

“Xiao Bao, I finally found you.”

“What?”

“Qin Bao. My name is Qin Mo, your older brother. Xiao Bao, I’ve come to take you home.”

juanexbi, Alniyat, Xi-hime and 16 others like this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @cirrus74 MC’s ML is the adoptive son of MC’s real parents, for some reasons MC was lost and ML is determined to find him again

Alniyat, Ryss, cirrus74 and 1 other person like this.
  11. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I probably haven’t gotten there yet. So far all I’ve read are random bits of him chasing and missing MC...

Edit: Just read that part XD

Also I just wanna point out that ML3 calls MC 大宝, which is literally ‘big treasure’ and also means ‘darling/baby’ (The ‘Bao’ in QB’s name means treasure/precious). He actually called him this over the phone to warn him that ML had followed his traces back to B city and was after MC. ML ofc heard this :blobxd:

(Above is MC’s thoughts, not mine btw)

Suddenly the protagonist shows up like the pest he is. ML ignores him and speaks to MC in german saying he will meet him at the south gate after class. MC and protag head back to class together and bump into XG who is there to visit MC.

Protag starts saying crap like ‘Xiao Guan! You managed to escape! Right? After I helped you to bring the robbers away, did you successfully run away?”

XG asks MC how come protag knows about this and what did he tell about their past. MC goes ‘yeah, this guy is Wei Si Han, his name sounds like mine, right? So he always likes to pretend that he’s me and went through all the things I told him about. Look at his clothes, I think he’s mentally ill.

XG looks at protag’s clothes which are trying to copy MC’s and comes to the conclusion that protag is suffering from self delusion. He warns MC to stay away from this person, it’s dangerous. MC said it’s only cuz he felt protag was pitiful....

Protag sees that things are not going the way he wants and starts his little play again, pretending to recall the past and throwing in some details about the kidnapping that only WSH would know and acting like a drama queen.

MC drags him to ML4 for a checkup.

MC: Doctor, my classmate has fainted again and then was muttering about my past. This time he even grabbed hold of my friend and said many things. Even the whites of his eyes are showing, this time he must have really fainted and isn’t faking it. Right, XG?

LC checks protag’s temperature and his eyes and sneers.

LC: WSH, are you addicted to faking fainting? If you continue to be disruptive in the infirmary, do you believe that I’ll report you to the college and get them to discipline you?

LC’s probability drops to 40%.

XG: He’s really faking?

MC adding oil to the fire.

MC: Last time he fainted was during military service. That time he was also spouting nonsense like just now. I was afraid he would be embarassed so I didn’t say anything.

XG’s probability drops to 90%

MC: Doctor, do you think he suffers from hysteria? Maybe he has a delusional disorder?

LC: Hysteria? Delusional disorder? Him? *mocking* He’s retarded! There’s no medicine that can cure him. You guys don’t bother about him, just leave him here. I’ll call 120 and get them to drag him to the hospital. Let him pay the fees for emergency treatment!

LC’s probability drops to 20%

(LC, I love you, you’re so savage)

juanexbi, Alniyat, Xi-hime and 16 others like this.
  12. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    MC: I think he must be really ill. Let me call an ambulance for him. Doctor, you’ve worked hard

LC: You’re really kindhearted. Just too easy to trust people, I reminded you previously, some people don’t have good intentions. Instead of working hard to improve themselves, resort to crooked means. Even if they graduate from a good uni, they can only live the life of a labourer!

Protag’s fists clench when he hears this and XG notices. XG stops MC from calling an ambulance since protag is faking.

XG’s probability drops to 70%

(I think I’m here just for Lu Chen lmao)

When LC sees that MC puts down the phone without calling, he goes over to the landline in the infirmary.

LC: Hello, this is the infirmary of the B Uni’s South Campus. I have a student who faints habitually but I can't find anything wrong. You guys send an ambulance for him. Yes, he faints often, remember to give him a full body check and be sure to choose the most expensive option.

I can’t with this ML :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR: :blobhighfive:

After finishing the call, LC started to call the Academic Affairs Office.

LC: Hey, this is the infirmary. I need a 201x-level student's parent phone. The computer department, his name is Wei Sihan, OK, tell me, I’ll write it down.

Protag then decides to wake up because, oh shit they’re going to call his parents. Hahahaha. He flings himself at XG saying “Where is this? How am I here... my parents?”

XG’s expression twists, pushing protag away. “This classmate, the doctor never dialed any number... Since you are awake, leave on your own, don't play this in the future, it is very disgusting”

XG’s probability drops to 50%

Protag is angry and threatens to file a complaint about LC. LC smirks “Go ahead and complain, can you see my ID clearly? Come, lean closer and look”

LC’s probability drops to 10%

MC and XG move further away and XG asks why protag is so weird. MC sighs and said well he lost his mom when young and his dad and brother are always busy and have no time for him. He’s probably been alone for a long time. Protag overhears and shouts at MC to “shut up, fake goods!” XG is incensed and shouts back “You’re the one who should shut up!”

LC grabs protags’s collar and admonishes him. He says he will inform his parents and the school, get ready for punishment.

LC’s probability drops to 0%

The real Si Han is dead. They found his body buried in the roots of a tree on the mountain where he and XG were kept captive (I think?). MC calls his brother Si Yue and tells him.

MC tells Si Yue that he’s found out the illegitimate child’s mom’s identity, it’s dad’s secretary. XG is confused about who this illegitimate son is. MC explains that the guy he met today was dad’s illegitimate son, he wanted to let XG suspect MC and believe that he was the real SH so that XG would help him get rid of MC.

XG is furious, saying nobody is allowed to touch SH’s things! He’ll kill him! Hateful, hateful, hateful!

XG’s probability drops to 0%

I’ve lost my motivation now there’s no more LC :whistle:

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    juanexbi, Alniyat, Xi-hime and 17 others like this.
  13. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon... [snake] [tubby-lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    How is the process of the way of the dropping loveparameter future lawyer (think it was the bro)- cuz he supported the protagonist with the removement of our MC out of the house
    I wanna see him suffer ♡

Edit: the one that helped with the DNA test

14. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh, it hasn’t started yet from where I’m reading pfft. Also I just realised I mixed up ML2 and ML3. WZ (ML3) is the private detective who is Si Yue’s friend, he’s the one who helped with the DNA test. ML2 is WSN, protag’s adoptive brother, the lawyer. Sorry to those who got confused!

Will try to finish up this arc at least. But I’m sad there seems to be no more LC :blobpensive:

Was told by MC that SH’s body has been found. We find out that mom is actually loaded and had tons of shares in companies and antique jewellery (all accumulated by granddad) and this amazing medical patent (irl they expire after like 5 years?) for some drug. Mom wants revenge on scum husband.

MC asks to meet WSN and shows him the paternity reports as well as lets him know that protag has known for years who his biological parents are. Those times when he told WSN he has been working part time, he’s actually been holidaying with his parents at a resort.

MC shows him photos of protag with slag dad and mom, wearing expensive clothes. WSN gets mad because his own father had slaved away in order to provide for both him and protag. The probability value drops straight to 50%.

Also, I can’t really remember Wei Zhuang’s progression. Just that the start was already different cuz MC directly looked for him to investigate his own parentage and WZ felt sorry for him so the probability dropped. Furthermore MC never bullied protag so there were no protective feelings. At the point where I am now, he just dropped to 50% after MC teased him about falling in love with protag. Then later MC used his spiritual power to give him a nightmare where he fell in love with protag and it dropped further to 20%.

juanexbi, Alniyat, Xi-hime and 14 others like this.
  15. Ryss

Reading List:
    Link
    Sry, my bad
    But thx♡
    Sounds great
    And for the father.. to quote LaDyvil (was about the "fall in love with the protag after sex arc") the father..."he should be forced to eat his jj" :blobangel:
    That curse is so nice, seems like its gonna be my favourite

Alniyat and LaDyViL like this.
  16. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh but WZ is... a nice guy and kinda funny? Somewhat different from what MC thought he’d be like, kinda goofy.

puu264 likes this.
  17. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, sorry to disappoint but there is no suffering or face slapping....

He’s tracking protag (video so WSN and MC can see also). To their surprise, protag is there and he’s actually a little clubbing prince! (wild party child). When the two MLs see his unrestrained side and realise the pure attitude was all a sham, the probability for both directly drop to zero.

juanexbi, Alniyat, Xi-hime and 13 others like this.
  18. Ryss

Reading List:
    Link
    Great too!
    Now i wanna read the translated version so much...
    Stock piling for an entry arc will take its time though... T^T

19. Ryss

Reading List:
    Link
    *kneels to @cirrus74 in gratitute*
    Thx for all those spoilers even though ur beloved LC isnt appearing that much anymore :cookie:

20. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re welcome :blobsmilehappy:. Will have to stop here for today though. Will finish up the arc tomorrow.

zloi medved and Ryss like this.