Art flucket's art and writing dump

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by zloi medved, Oct 20, 2017.

?

I seem annoying right?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2017.
  1. Asking if you're annoying is an annoying trait!

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Are you gonna be with those emojis all the time?

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Blitz, pandadodod, Ripple and 2 others like this.
  2. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Profile thing on this guy:
    [​IMG]

3. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    WUXIA THING I WROTE SOLELY FOR A SINGLE PUNCHLINE.

The creature roiled up above Xu Fang and Lu Yao, the pressure it emitted overbearing. It was a snake yet not a snake, a dragon yet not a dragon. A creature pinned between heaven and earth, both and neither. It was a flood dragon! A white, horned flood dragon, its scales as pure and glittering as white jade. Every single casual sweep of its unfathomably huge body exuded arrogance, and in its golden eyes glittered boundless contempt. A single glance was enough to make your blood freeze, two glances would put your foot in the door to death, and a third was sure to slay you where you stood. It spoke, a single word, a single syllable, but within its profound roar was a thousand sentences. In the language of dragons, it demanded to know what lowly insect dared to step into its domain.

Xu Fang stared up at the creature grimly, one hand hovering over his sword, ready to draw. His heroic heart wanted him to step forward, flourish his weapon, and engage the beast in mighty battle. But he knew he wasn’t a match for it. This was a demonic beast at the peak of existence, a half step into the realm of immortals, a Heavenly Saint Beast! With just a single snort it could raise up a tempest that could crush him. However…

He didn’t even have time to glance at Lu Yao behind him. He had sworn to protect the man even at the cost of his own life. Xu Fang slowly drew his blade, speaking slowly, “Try to get away. I can’t match it, but I might be able to distract it a little while.”

The white horned flood dragon glared at them, eyes glittering, as if it understood what was being said. It gave a cold snort of derision in response to Xu Fang’s hopes, stirring up a wind large enough to send him sliding backward.

Lu Yao snorted in response, as profoundly arrogant and dismissive as the Heavenly Saint Beast before him.

“Run? From what, this piddling little snake?” His eyes glittered with arrogant wrath. His lip curled, and he linked his hands behind his back, jutting his chin out in cold arrogance. “At the age of six, my name could cause the Scarlet Phoenix of Heaven to voluntarily combust out of sheer terror. At eight, the Black Tortoise of the North would retract into its shell for a hundred years at the sight of me.” His voice rose up louder, bitingly vicious, until he was roaring, “When I was twelve, even the true ancestor of this pathetic worm, the Azure Dragon, trembled in profound fear at the mere thought of me! You, damn snake who dreams of flying, dare to look down your nose at I, Lu Yao? Fuck your father! Fuck your grandfather! Fuck your aunt and uncle!”

Xu Fang paled, whipping his head around to stare flabbergasted at the other man as obscenities hurtled from his mouth. Lu Yao had a serene look on his face, broken only by a cold sneer, as he gazed at the white horned flood dragon with all the grace and arrogance of a sovereign surveying his rightful kingdom. The flood dragon was frozen with shock at his audacity. Under all the heavens, none had dared to speak to it with such disregard. Its entire body began to dance in the air, muscles pulsing with rage, then finally it let out a roar loud enough to drive fissures into the earth and cause the surrounding trees to tear away their leaves. The flood dragon was seething with rage at Lu Yao’s audacity.

Lu Yao snorted in cold disdain, and lifted a single finger in response. He brought it down, a light and casual slash, but the effect was almost indescribable. The earth before him began to crumble, trees in the path of the strike were torn from the earth, and as the ripple rocked out, it collided with the white horned flood dragon, sending it tumbling like a kite with its strings cut. It even resounded past the beast, until even the mountains in the far distance of Xu Fang’s vision exploded under its collision.

Lu Yao once again linked his hands behind his back, his lips no long smirking, but smiling with shy bashfulness, as though he had thoroughly underestimated the resulting chaos of his single casual strike.

Xu Fang had about a thousand questions he wanted to ask, but the first one he managed to put together was, “Why was the Azure Dragon afraid of you?”

Lu Yaoi became even more sheepish, a shy blush spreading over his cheeks, and he scratched his nose thoughtfully. “Well, I was mischievous in my youth and he was such a blustery old lizard and… look, have you ever heard of figging?”

4. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    Had a shoulder injury and couldn't draw at all for months.:blobconfounded: But now I'm back and you fuckers have to put up w me again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blitz, Ripple and eminence grise like this.
  5. eminence grise

eminence grise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @zloi medved Love your art. I adore the facial expression in the "I, Koko, am the smartest person on earth" piece. You nailed it.

Just curious, how'd you learn your art skills?

6. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    I started drawing when I was 5 and never stopped.:sweating_profusely:

Okay but lol. "Practise makes perfect" is real and solid advice, but also just self-teaching, vaguely remembered high school art classes, making friends in the art community and exchanging tips, BUT MOSTLY just seeing people I don't like who are better at art than me and allowing my furious spite to motivate me to improve and outpace them.

pandadodod and eminence grise like this.
  7. eminence grise

eminence grise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your furious spite has taken you far. I find it especially amazing that you managed to teach yourself. If it were me, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I find practice frustrating sometimes. I don't know if you experience it with art, but sometimes when I practice on the piano, it feels like I hit a plateau. Progress is either snail-paced slow or non-existent. I also get frustrated with being unable to physically reproduce my mental image of what the song is supposed to sound like.

8. pandadodod

pandadodod Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh. Awesome art. I really like the color choices!

9. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Blitz and Sharudeis like this.
  10. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally made a front cover for one of my stories on SH, but I'm still struggling on doing a second one for my other story.
    [​IMG]

Also upcoming: a huge art dump.

VeraH and Blitz like this.
  11. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    Big art dump of some OCs of mine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Silver Snake, Blitz and Ddraig like this.
  12. zloi medved

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]