Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. thecrud

thecrud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think i understand why JC was very mad at WWX. i mean, if you understand the grief of losing everything and the feeling of betrayal, well...it's hardly for you to blame JC grudge towards WY. but well, they've been brother and JC had been raised to be tsundere, so it's maybe easy for him to keep blaming WWX for everything that happened rather than lowering his ego to admit that everything would still happen despite everything. he was very young when that happened, some of human just cannot let go of the things they grieved/feared/hated from the past. MDZS maybe a fiction but it still reflect the true human nature. this is the best dynamic of this story overall. the emotional roller coaster and how you can relate everything to the reality makes this story even more alive.

2. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    This whole discussion about the broken brotherly/friendship relationship between Wei & Cheng made me remember the first ever brotherly relationship I cried for.....Ramses & Moses from one of my all-time fave movie Prince of Egypt. I can still remember little me asking my parents why'd these siblings had to fight, and why they couldn't get along again :blobcry:

I wish MXTX could bestow us a sacred gift of an extra GDC chapter of Wei & Cheng taking the first step for their reconciliation so it's all official & guaranteed that these bros will be okay in the future :blobsob:

3. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    JC just had a complicated past especially for someone his age. I can completely understand why people wouldn't like him and everybody is entitled to their own opinions. His anger is both logical and illogical (his anger towards LZ is illogical to me) but even though I love WY's character he did had an involvement in the down fall of Lotus Pier and even though he didn't do it on purpose he did kill Jin Zixuan he should have known he was unstable due to the resentful energy and LZ did mention it to him before, but he simply ignored it. JC can't understand WY wanting to protect the Wen survivors cause he's only thinking about the good of his people, he's blinded by anger and sorrow and even though it was caused by a series of events WY is indirectly the reason over the death of his Shijie. He's not an innocent soul here he did mistakes and he's aware of it, JC though was just more deepely affected by his consequences compared to the other sects. He lost his home and everyone in it, his parents, his sister and his brother to the dark path.

4. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh then you haven't read the Side story? Here's the link to read it if you want to know what happens after "I'll admit..." :) https://bigbadredpanda.tumblr.com/post/180259699796/mo-dao-zu-shi-chapter-126-yunmeng-part-4

===
    P.S. For me personally, people are free to like certain chacacters, even when I don't particularly feel the same, for JC, and the downfall to Lotus Pier, I never blame Wei Ying here because him saving an innocent isn't wrong. It's JC and Madam Yu perspective in blaming this on Weiying that was wrong. Their downfall will come eventually, it's just a matter of time. If saying JC have the right to blame Weiying for the death of his father, mother and the old YMJ sect, then it's like another way of saying his way of thinking is right..I don't agree JC blaming Weiying here is right though.

Yes, we can say Weiying is responsible for the death of Jin Zixuan, and it's not wrong for JC to blame Weiying here, so he have the right to blame Weiying, but we as readers knew what happen and what lead to that moment (tbh, I didn't blame Weiying here because I see this was an accident but I understand why others would blame him though).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, for me personally, while I understand why JC feels that way about Weiying, but understanding doesn't mean I agree with him because I can't connect with JC since I see it mostly as selfish on his end, that only cares about himself and his family/sect.
    When he needs help, Weiying will help him but when Weiying needed JC support (like a brother, family); JC pretty much turned his back on him and outcasted him so his family and sect can be saved, and this is what I didn't like about JC. Yes, it was Weiying's decision in the end and he was the one who suggested for this, but him being kicked out from the sect doesn't benefit him in the slightest, he did it because it was the only way he could think of that can save JC and his sect. I really don't think Weiying like the idea of being kicked out from the sect since, from then on he's all alone, and he see that place as his home. Even when Weiying doesn't show disappointment on JC here, I do... And JC even suggested a "show" to prove to others that Weiying is really outcasted and is no longer a concern to him/his sect.

I find that extremely sad, Weiying suggested that because he understood JC will never understand his reasons for wanting to help the Wen's an Innocent, and it is this here, their different views in doing the right thing that lead to them walking different paths. I understand in JC eyes, Weiying abandoned his promises and chose the Wen's over staying by JC side but it really doesn't have to be this way if JC have the same perspective and if he understood what Weiying did was the right thing then they can really work together to fend of those who go against them since they work together better as a team then them separately.

Anyways, I know JC is just human with mistakes, but him blaming Weiying, Lan Zhan and Wen Ning for the tragedy that happened to him, I didn't like that on my end, and it is that personality of his and his way of blaming others (who isn't wrong) that I didn't like. Wen Ning also helped save JC once, but he did turned his back on him, his saviour and that's ungrateful in my eyes.

Rcyan, setsuna3025, Koshin and 4 others like this.
  5. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I don't like Madam Yu on my end and like @setsuna3025 said, I too am not Weiying who doesn't hate or dislike her because I already did lol. Well I admire Weiying for not having any ill feelings towards her though and still see her as a family figure after all this(this is also one of the things I love about him). For me, I always blamed how she repeatedly say Weiying will bring Misfortune to their family because that's annoying and you see what this made JC into in the end :facepalm:

Anyways, I too agree that JC needs a therapists, someone who can heal him...He certainly needs love and guidance, someone that is the opposite to him that can really help him understand. And in this, did you say JC x Lan Xichen? :aww: I'm totally in this crack ship on my end!!! :aww::cookie: I always love this ship because one of the reason is their personality really compliments each other (good match) they both need help, and they both can help each other heal. Poor LXC got a really bad ending IMO :blobsad: anyways them being together can really heal each other and be happier together imo. LXC needs to let go of his grief :cry: :(

I admire that about Weiying on my end and it's a good thing actually. He still respects her and treat her like a family after all this. I can't be like Weiying on my end if someone treated me like that the same way she treats Weiying, because I already dislike her but well it's always this side to how Weiying doesn't hold any grudge against her after all this is what I love about him

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  6. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    Wei WuXian raged, “HanGuang-Jun is only my friend—what do you think we are?!
    WEI YING you bloody idiot!!!!!! Get lost! :blobthumbsdown:

Even so, this chapter gave me chills. :sushi_bye:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Rcyan, setsuna3025, zeromint and 2 others like this.
  7. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 87
    Ahh my kokoro... Shits about to go down next week!!!

LoveManga and nejvi like this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    ? Jiang Shijie wasn’t killed by Wen Ning though???

9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @Cypress ^ above post, this doesn’t have anything to do with your hubby but it concerns your in-law

LoveManga, nejvi and Cypress like this.
  10. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right?! He's being irrational here the anger has gone to his head at this point

11. thecrud

thecrud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WY never explain himself that's what makes me so annoyed with him. i mean he doesn't need to explain much but at least he can be honest with LZ but he insisted on carrying it all alone. well, it's good that he wanted to move on and don't wanna dwell on things that happened but it just won't do justice to him and us the readers :cool:.

:blobangery::blobangery::blobangery:

setsuna3025, LoveManga and nejvi like this.
  12. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Right?! RIGHT?! This innocent man did nothing! NOTHING WRONG! :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

I think if any one of us were dragged into the novel we would be preaching Wei's actions/sacrifices like it was the word of God :blobjoy:

My official religion : YiLing Laozu~Wei Wuxian~Wei Ying

Rcyan, setsuna3025, thecrud and 4 others like this.
  13. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my my WY, he sure is testing LZ's restraint here
    Dvs2e4mUYAE9hRv.jpeg Dvs2fg3UwAAyoG3.jpeg Dvs2gYOUcAAG5NZ.jpeg

14. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Rcyan, setsuna3025, Rufi-sidd and 4 others like this.
  15. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel sorry for LZ poor him I wonder what's he's thinking during these times... Someone call Lan Xichen ASAP!!!

Rcyan, setsuna3025, Rufi-sidd and 3 others like this.
  16. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Especially since Wangji assumes that Wei remembers what happened in the cave. It hurts all the more (T^T) BIG BRO READER!!!!

Rcyan, setsuna3025, Rufi-sidd and 4 others like this.
  17. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I mentioned previously about my views on why Wei Ying said that to JC and I don't particularly mind since I see where he's coming from :)

So going back to what I said previously, Weiying said that is because before he can confirms Lan Zhan's feelings for him, he didn't want Jiang Cheng to say anymore to slander Lan Zhan's name. He didn't want Lan Zhan to lose face for what JC said because he wasn't sure if Lan Zhan feels that way about him. Just like Lan Zhan thinks his love is unrequited, Weiying at that point is the same because he didn't know that someone so great like Lan Zhan will love him romantically, this is also why he chose to get Lan Zhan drunk the third time to ask because he's afraid if he's sober and he asks, and Lan Zhan said he doesn't feel that way for him, he's afraid of that rejection from Lan Zhan, and that's normal really coming from someone being in love because he doesn't want to lose what they have now. I mean even when he successfully got Lan Zhan drunk, and he have so many chances to ask him, he is still afraid because he's afraid of the answer. I know I feel sorry for Lan Zhan when Wei Ying said that but I don't blame Wei Ying because to me in that scene, he's not denying his own feelings, he only didn't want Jiang Cheng to slander Lan Zhan's name (for all said); he did it with a one set mind that means well for Lan Zhan, and didn't want him to lose face. He's fine if Jiang Cheng only use those words on him but if Lan Zhan is involved in Jiang Cheng's nasty remarks, then he's not fine.

I actually find that endearing how Weiying is mad at Jiang Cheng for what he thought he said that got Lan Zhan in a bad mood. Like he's so used to people talk badly about him, he can just ignore it but he can't and he won't allow (which got him in a bad mood) for Jiang Cheng to say that about Lan Zhan. Like to him he cares more about protecting Lan Zhan's face than his own, and I find that sweet <3

Rcyan, Heroine, setsuna3025 and 5 others like this.
  18. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing that seems interesting to me is that Wei is never angry with JC for holding WN and himself responsible for all the misfortune that fell on their Shiji. Deep down he knows that it started from his losing control and WN killing Jin ZiXuan, so he is still ashamed there. Wei is a sensible man and understands that his lack of control set the stone rolling which gathered so much moss and destroyed so many lives. He doesn't look for someone to put the blame on, instead takes the blame upon his own shoulders.

setsuna3025, LoveManga, nejvi and 2 others like this.
  19. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Your hubby finally took a bold stance Lady Wen!!! You must be proud of him!!!! You must be falling for him all even more!:aww::aww::aww:
    And yeah ... Wei Wuxian must have said those words just to defend lwj. Because this oblivious brat still couldn't figure out lwj feelings even though he now knows his own ... He must be thinking he cannot let his one sided feelings be taken into account and lwj be insulted like that...:facepalm::blobcry:

setsuna3025, LoveManga, nejvi and 3 others like this.
  20. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Wei Ying not looking for someone to takes the blame where he takes this upon his shoulders is very admirable and that's actually another quality that I love about Wei Ying's character to be honest. That's also one main difference there between Wei Ying and JC if one have to analyse their characters

setsuna3025, LoveManga, nejvi and 2 others like this.