Discussion Online shop

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sourceofchaos, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is online shopping good or not? Because l got scammed multiple time to the point l don't believe it anymore, but the thing l want to bought can't be found in my city so the only solution is to buy it online.
    P.S: can the thing l bought on amazon be delivered to my country indonesia? Or even my city?

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Just returned the thing and report to the site when you got scammed, like really man.
    Yes, they will inform you that if it's available to be delivered to your address.

I've never been scammed before.

Hahhaa likes this.
  3. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Stick to the more reputable shops instead of the shadily cheap deals?

Hahhaa and reagents 11 like this.
  4. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    buy over paypal, there is buyers protection from scammers

5. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes you just need to be carefull, coz there are many imitation and subpar quality goods. Don't let the initial picture fool you.

6. Manic Josei

Manic Josei 《Josei in a Shoujo's Clothing》

Reading List:
    Link
    Reviews from previous buyers are very helpful. Read it first if you are not sure.

7. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    man, before buying, check the reputation of the seller, see the reviews of things s/he is selling, not just the thing you want to buy, and check the policies of the online store when something like a scam occurs.

Hahhaa likes this.
  8. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    So my brother, just buy it through some online platform, tought some times it's bit more expesive they could act as guarantor so you would not get scammed. Even if you got scammed you could get compensation and if they don't give it just shout in social media about that,as long as you have the evidence that is.

9. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe try stores that allow CoD.? I always stick to CoD so that even if the package never came, I at least haven't paid for anything yet. It's much more reassuring that way

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Online shopping is great. Ai-chan use it all the time.

If you're worried, don't be. Most online shopping sites have a money back guarantee system. Basically, you pay the site, then the seller ship your product, the courier receive proof of delivery, the proof of delivery is sent to the site, then if no dispute occurs within the dispute period, the site gives the money to the seller. If the item delivered is wrong, missing parts or broken or does not function the way it's described, you can return them for a full refund or for store credits.

You have lazada in Indonesia, don't you? Use lazada, the site itself is trustworthy, so if the seller fail to deliver within the specified time, or they deliver the wrong stuff, you can ask for your money back. No problem.

The only problem is that condition of delivered item may not be as you'd expect, but if that's important to you, you can still return it. There's also the average rating of the seller on the right side of the screen. Don't buy anything from anyone with less than 50% rating. Ai-chan personally won't buy anything from any seller with less than 70% rating.

Ai-chan has tried many online shopping sites but apart from 11street, everything was fine.

Oh, about amazon, they're a pain in the ass for your country. If the seller say they don't deliver to your country, there's nothing you can do about it. Customs a bitch.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Hahhaa likes this.
  11. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well l already complained but you know they activated their stealth and vanished like some ninja or assasin, l have a paypal and mostly use it but the problem was l lose my phone sometime ago and because the pass for my paypal was there l don't bother remember it and now lt become problem.
    Also because l got scammed so many time l even when to police
    The problem of the scam is they are the same like in the photo but it was in miniature or sometime even outright difference for example there was this one time that l ordered a shoe and what l get was a pant!!! A fucking pant, seriously it was different.
    And about the rating l always check it first and their rating was mostly four star and above.
    And there was a famous online shop platform that was already proofed to be trustwhorty but it take a long time to arrive, with the different to almost 10-15 days and also the price for the shipment was more expensive than the thing l bought that's why.

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    If you use a legitimate site, this shouldn't happen. Well, it can happen, they can send you a brick and run away, but you can still get the money from the site. The scammers won't even get anything except wasting money for the delivery of the brink.

Even if you use alibaba, there is a customer protection system that protects the customers.

In the case of ordering a shoe and getting a pant, that's certainly something that you can ask for full refund. The most important thing after receiving the item is to check it within the few days it arrived. Lazada for example has 3 weeks full money back guarantee (may not be accurate, please check it yourself). Such scams don't pay for the scammer, unless the site is owned by the scammers themselves.

I know there's a lot of youtube 'fake china stuff' videos, but most of them are fake. As in the videos are fake. Your money is protected as long as you use a reputable site.

As for the shipment price being more expensive than the good being transported, this is quite normal. There are many things that go into delivery cost, such as weight, type of product and import/export tariff. My country for example has no import tariff for books, so delivery cost of books is much cheaper than a vietnamese chilli.

Hahhaa likes this.