Forgotten Title He's in a Library

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by bleh360, Jan 3, 2019.

1. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok you guys will hate me, and even I hate me for being so Vague. I literally have no recollection of this novel aside from the cover art that was used on Novel Updates.
    I read a little bit and saw this kind of novel...

Cover:
    A generic Japanese guy with a belt on him. An anime girl. They are in a place with books and my mind believe Library.

Actual remembrance of the novel content:
    So japanese guy, pretty sure he died or something and now in sword and magic world or something....
    So....yeah thats basically all im 100% sure of everything else below is what it may be or could be another novel only the Cover art will tell!

I think he joined like this magic guild or something and he was like reading all the books there but like...he was weak or something....so like he joined adventurer guild and started drinking this horrible slop stuff OH OH it was called something X right? Oh I think he was a priest....and like he went to some dungeon or something.... OMG i swear this might be another novel I am thinking of. You get the picture...literally find the cover art with the library dude and if this story matches it's probs what im looking for.

It also had that slow feel like Magi Craft Meister....like it's a sin that it's not under the recommended for that novel...

I thought I had saved it in my reading list but I guess I didn't, so now im on the scavenger hunt for the japanese cliche boy with anime girl in the library cover art....

2. Moonlight Shadow

Moonlight Shadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is a difficult one because you just described like 99% of isekai novels out there XD

bleh360 likes this.
  3. heavenlytribulation

heavenlytribulation [One Feared by All]

Reading List:
    Link
    saint salaryman

bleh360, Freezy, Blitz and 3 others like this.
  4. PoshMafia

PoshMafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Moonlight Shadow

Reading List:
    Link
    ohhh that's right! I am surprised you remembered it XD

6. cinabre

cinabre ♭♬ ♪ ♮♫ # ♩♭ ♪ ♮♫ #♩♭ ♬ ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes , this is invicible saint salaryman.

7. heavenlytribulation

heavenlytribulation [One Feared by All]

Reading List:
    Link
    Priest + slop + dungeon = invincible saint salaryman they are the main clues that can jog the memory

8. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely https://www.novelupdates.com/series...e-path-i-walk-to-survive-in-this-other-world/..
    "something X" was the most key point that will make you link it to this series and not others.. haha

sapassde likes this.
  9. Moonlight Shadow

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the slop one is the most obvious one right? XD
    (never would want to drink something like that :blobtired:)

10. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, nothing really helped beside the X-drink that totally made me recall saint salaryman.
    It sure didn't help you that the novel was stopped being translated. Maybe translator will get back to it but he is more focused on other series.
    I should warn you, romance is non-existant somehow in the 3/4 of the translated chapters i finished.
    To be more precise and spoiling : somehow i think the dragons said that his "fated person" would be a particuliar girl (i forgot how they described her) but somehow when MC encounters/get her in his party, he got like 0 reaction at all as if he think as the talk of the dragons about her as a fly's fart and think of her as a normal party member. Later, again another encounter with a dragon, a talk about MC is allowed to get the other girl if he still "takes" the main girl but somehow again MC ignores the talk somehow (forgot how he did it).
    Forgot some parts but i think you understand, romance sucks.

Daily Prog likes this.
  11. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No wonder.. since if I remember correctly that drink("X something") have side effect of impotence.. though it would be back to normal after a while.. I won't be surprised if that drink also make him less interested in romance either.:blobfearful::blobfearful:

But I already stop reading it quite a while.. so I might be wrong. sorry if that the case..

12. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beside the drink i think you should have started by saying that the MC is a priest. Because, to be honest, i think a MC being a priest is really rare in the JP WN genre (even though i never checked). In NU, i think you can count on one hand the number of JP WN that got this kind of MC being a priest as his main occupation.

1) This one
    2) The pervert healer
    3) Villager insterested in healing becomes healer that is better then a saint but also dense as fuck + also being ultra strong with a dagger

13. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG THANKS SO MUCH!!

So Listen dudes how effed up is it that I misinterpreted bricks in the cover art to be books? LMFAOOOOOO

But you guys are right this is totally the novel, I was thinking of 100%.

You know actually the story is murky for me, because in my head i see scenes from magi craft miester interjected in places because i remember he came to the new town and then like blank and then i remember the guild but like its sooo murky that im thinking maybe its not the same novel. I picked out those items because i knew they didn't belong to anything i remembered the name of so yeah, i couldn't trust my intel fully. but hell the cover art wasn't even remembered right! lmaoooo

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019