Recommendations Are there BL novels...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Japorea, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Japorea

Japorea Resident BL Enthusiast

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there BL novels where the MC (shou/uke) is the first to fall in love with ML (gong/seme) and not the other way around? Bonus if the MC is the one to pursue ML. So far I haven't encountered any BL novels like this. Would be interesting to read something like this, since I crave for some angst on the MC's side nyahahaha!

Across likes this.
  2. Kiki0246

Kiki0246 Top Notch Fujoshi, Owner of ISO TLs

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 for angst!

Japorea likes this.
  3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japorea likes this.
  4. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2019
    Japorea and Devon like this.
  5. Mighty Action X

Mighty Action X Mighty and Invincible

Reading List:
    Link
    There are. It's just that not many translators are willing to translate one.

Japorea, Devon and Cuddles0_0 like this.
  6. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2019
    Japorea likes this.
  7. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Guardian?

Japorea likes this.
  8. Shirubame

Shirubame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japorea and leo.d. like this.
  9. Japorea

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you recommend some? It's ok even if it's not translated. :D

10. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try any of Angelina’s novels, the uke is usually the one who falls first.

Japorea likes this.
  11. Kiki0246

Kiki0246 Top Notch Fujoshi, Owner of ISO TLs

Reading List:
    Link
    Spirit Hotel, not much angst though. I know a few but I can't remember from top of my head, I'll edit the post periodically.
    Scum Shou's Survival Guide is a bit different from what you're looking for but the MC does have to chase the ML and the angst. Oh my god, the angst. I was crying for the first 5 arcs straight even though I should've been used to it already at the second arc T.T. Angst is on the ML's side, not MC's though.

Japorea and Devon like this.
  12. Mighty Action X

Mighty Action X Mighty and Invincible

Reading List:
    Link
    I also don't look for them. No interest on it at all.

13. Japorea

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok thank you!

14. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    have you tried looking at @alexfilia's signature or blog?

15. JazraelHarken

JazraelHarken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japorea likes this.
  16. Japorea

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I have. :)

17. Forgetful123

Forgetful123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You probably can't read CN, but I'm reading 朕又回来啦 where

- MC is the Gong, Emperor at only 14 years old because his father and his 2 older brothers died early.
    - ML is the Shou, Ruling Prince Regent at 24 years old who wields the true power because he controls military might. He's unrelated to MC's family lineage and appointed as 'Prince Regent' by MC's dead dad.

- Story starts off from MC's third 14 years old. Yup, that's right, MC died twice and came back each time to 14 years old.
    - The first round was a foolish MC not knowing what to do in politics (he was never the successor and thus did not learn politics, it was really supposed to be his oldest brother who gets the throne), was pretty much made into a puppet emperor stud horse (lol). After having a successor, he gets poisoned to death by Shou at only around 20+ years old.
    - The second round was MC trying hard to wrestle power back from Prince Regent, and ended up colluding with another kingdom to remove ML. Succeeds in taking off ML's head, but ended up destroying his own kingdom because he's a fool for working with outside forces. Suicides in the end.
    - The third round ended up with MC trying to wrestle back power from ML once again, but completely refusing to work with outside forces. He tries to find out more information from ML by trying to keep him close.

- MC hates ML a lot for holding on to power and poisoning him, ML sees MC as someone weak and useless.
    - There's a huge weakness with ML despite his Gary Stu-like traits (handsome, powerful manly body, all the makings of a Gong, surely). I'm pretty sure he suffers from erectile dysfunction (omegalul). This is the first time I've seen such a fantastic anti-trope of a BL series.
    - MC not knowing that weakness fumbles about in politics until a misunderstanding happens and ML happens to reads a BL fanfiction of himself. I'm summarizing it really sloppily, it's actually pretty funny how it happened, but it's sort of painful sad at the same time because ML thinks he can't ever fall in love ever with a woman because he can't do that stuff and thought he would be better off falling in love with a man instead (note that there's no mention he wants sex tho). He then makes up his mind to go gay instead of continuing to be straight after MC prods around and asks him a little to find out why ML doesn't have a wife in all 3 rebirths.
    - Fast forward a bit, MC is suffering from woman trauma, because he got poisoned to death the first time, then betrayed by one of his concubine's family (the colluding outside forces). This aversion to woman troubles came when he saw that particular concubine.
    - ML eventually gets interested in MC, unknowingly. He lists a list of reasons why MC is unattractive to him, but he doesn't deny the attraction himself, and even feels annoyed at shooting himself in the foot for sending 20 pretty women to the MC in the third rebirth (even more women than the first time because MC shoots himself in the foot for triggering and pissing ML off early on).

I'm about 40% through with no sign of MC liking ML yet. The story is written quite well, I think. Admittedly I don't know much about BL CN tropes, but I'm pretty sure this particular type isn't translated much. Weak Gong, Strong Shou.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  18. 12

12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Outside of NU:
    The Godlike Jade Rabbit (by the way, I had a bit of a hard time picturing the MC until I saw your avatar :blob_grin:)
    I'm still translating it so only two chapters are out so far and I don't wish to spoil it too much but MC is angsty about his past much of the time. Mutual attraction, no first moves made until much later on. In between, some inadvertently incompetent flirting happens...

Japorea likes this.
  19. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    大猫总裁的婚后日常

This one i really liked! Mc has secret crush on ml and ageed to have fake marriage with him, slowly winning ml over

Shunraiki and Japorea like this.
  20. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    烈钧侯

This one too. Slighly more angst/drama. Rebirth mc + ml. Mc in love with ml even befor rebirth but does alot of bad / misleading things until ml finally figures out his feelings in the second life.

Mc acts innocent and not rebirthed, his Life Mission after rebirth to to win over ml. Ml does beleive it for a while, and it does work. (Sorta)

Japorea likes this.