Spoiler The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sami11, Jul 11, 2018.

1. randomperson

randomperson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From chapter 107:
    From the above quote, besides a few exceptions, stats cannot surpass 30. Chae Joochul should have low 30s in magic power and high 20s in physical stats. Since stats get harder to raise the higher it is, there should be the Plateau Effect for stats around 30 where training becomes less effective, and even with increasing effort, there is no way to improve.

In chapter 83, Suho was stated to be at the level of an intermediate rank hero. They were still at Cube, and Hajin mentioned Suho has 9 in magic power at the start of the story (also swordsman need to have a balanced stat distribution. Sharpshooters mostly need speed and perception). By chapter 83, half a year has passed, so I'm assuming Suho only gained around 1 in each stat. Suho would only have around 10 in each stat.
    In chapter 95, low rank heroes were stated to have stats around 4-5. Based on that and Suho's stats at chapter 83, intermediate rank heroes should have stats around 10-12, high-intermediate rank heroes should have stats around 13-14, and high rank heroes should have stats from 15-20.
    From high-rank to master-rank should be an incredible jump, as only the top 70 heroes are master rank, and at least the top 2000 are high rank (probably even more, as rank 2000 was high rank grade 7 from chapter 37). So Suho's stats when Hajin went on a hiatus were at the high rank level.
    Keep in mind this is not factoring in what gifts people have. Suho's gift is incredibly powerful. It probably allowed him to fight Master rank level people with only stats of a high rank hero.

Also, Aileen and Jin Seyeon are both older than 34 (in chapter 146 Yi Yongha was stated to be the youngest of the Temple of Justice, at 31 years old. That was 3 years ago, so he should be 34 now). Aileen should be around mid-to-late 30s, as Yun Seung-Ah is 10 years older than Suho's official age (so 31), and she calls Aileen unni.

In chapter 157, Boss's stats were restricted by 93%, which would make Boss's magic power 28.571.

The story started in 2025, and 4 years passed, so it is currently late 2029 in the current English translations, and early 2030 in the raws.
    (Edit: the rest day was around mid-December as mentioned in chapter 198, and in 206, Hajin mentioned he blocked the bridge to the 9th floor for 3 months, so it should be early 2030 in the current English translation, and mid 2030 in the raws.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. neolyn

neolyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to point out something that many probably forgot.

Boss and Hajin's contract is almost over. It was a five years contract. Sooooo what will Hajin do ?

3. Enou

Enou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he will make another contract,i mean who can cook for boss if not hajin LOL

4. neolyn

neolyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hajin joined CT because he needed them for many things ( like killing nayun's brother for a start) but now after the Tower he may not anymore.

If he does leave that would be problematic for him. he won't' be a merc anymore, since he's a drop out he can't be a hero, so no working with Rachel or Yeonha.
    In Yeonha's case he actually might but in the shadows and only her would know. That would cause a huge problem if nayun ever find out. Well she's dumb-Nayun after all so it could take a while.

5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

6. Eifreiht

Eifreiht Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem I have is you basing off of how he should act on the way he is normally portrayed. Yes he is typically calm and logical when he deals with things, but that’s usually because he’s prepared extensively or knows about it beforehand. In his encounters with Nayun, it’s a scenario which he has no readiness for, in that case, why would he be able to remain logical and calm? You have to remember he is previously your average author before transmigrating, he isn’t able to instantly calm himself in a situation he has no readiness for, in that case it is only logical he would panic. And I did read his previous work, finished it a while back. While I didn’t like the ending, I didn’t exactly hate it to the bone. From my view I feel like all the you’re doing is trying to find a reason to hate the novel because you’re associating it with the author’s previous works.

Aimless190 likes this.
  7. Eifreiht

Eifreiht Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also as a reminder about him ever fighting with Nayun I don’t recall it happening, was it after she found out he was the murderer? And, even with him being confident while in the fight you have to recall that he has stated over and over again that Nayun and Suho are way stronger than him, so even with confidence and courage he would probably be beaten to death without Boss’s help, even in the situation where Nayun is unstable.

8. Eifreiht

Eifreiht Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author did mention that he did not tell her because he wants her to use the anger to grow. Also, I’m pretty sure it’s just regular fear for her reaction and actions and guilt which prevents him, as well as his own justification that it will help her. And he’s while 4 years can heal some guilt, IMO it isn’t enough to heal him in this case, as he is not only a bystander but the murderer, as well as the fact that he knows her as a friend and created her. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, four years may not be a long enough time period to absolve everything, although I do have to admit that I feel he is running away from telling her the truth not only from guilt but because he doesn’t want to face reality.

9. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget the fact that nayun's brother is also a character hajin made and treated as his own.
    Hajin's flashing memories of Jinyoon and his story after killing him made me drop a manly tear.
    :blobcry:
    So hajin's guilt will last for a long time.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Eifreiht likes this.
  10. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlike other OP MCs in other novels, where the MCs are clearly perfect and makes no mistakes in their planning, Hajin is written with a glaring weakness, Chae Nayun, to make him more human. But fear not.
    The relationship between Boss and Hajin has already progressed pass the stage of "ring ceremony", right? So the next step is clearly a death match between Boss and Nayun, over Hajin. If Hajin does not cleanly resolve this, one of his beloved character will die, so he will be forced to tell Nayun the truth. But I am just afraid he will say, "your grandfather killed my parents", which is the truth but not the whole truth.

I understand that such a fight cannot occur until Boss and Hajin becomes a couple. So we have to endure more Nayun scenes in the mean time. To be honest, there really should be an arc for Boss exclusively, so their relationship can develop faster and bring forth the fight faster.

Eifreiht likes this.
  11. Phoenix_Dreams

Phoenix_Dreams Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure that we do not have to wait for that to occur. Boss takes the well-being of her members very seriously, as we saw after Hajin passed out on the 8th floor and she rushed to his rescue and almost fought a high-level npc for revenge. She would not take Nayun trying to kill Hajin well.

I definitely would like to see Hajin and Boss getting closer together though because I am all aboard that ship. Nayun had her chance and Hajin really only caved to her love for him. I am not convinced he was actually ever in love with her. Either way I'd like to see them resolve this and walk away as friends again.

Eifreiht likes this.
  12. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk what happens I just hope this doesnt end up as harem

13. Aina Seira

Aina Seira Princess For Life

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't even know that there's a contract ahaha, I'm so fixated at shipping Boss with Hajin so I forgot minor details like that

Aimless190 likes this.
  14. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While i liked harem series the most, the novel's extra doesnt fit the harem genre despite the numerous amount of herione it have.
    The biggest problem is that it is not romance based and the heroines routes are not deeply explored.
    The heroines nearest to the love interest to the MC according to me will be shown below:
    Boss<<<nayun<sanhyuk<rachel<yoo yenha<tomer<others
    Of course the author can focus more on the heroine in the future and it is up to him how it will end. Harem end will be likely though, based on the author's previous work

15. Qavsell

Qavsell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    won't prob end up as harem

btw raws r up
    our pure girl Yeonha saw some tongue fight ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
    Hajin told Nayun to wait 3 yrs for (?)
    Boss told Hajin her real name

16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...tongue fight??? Quick qn, comrade mao direct KR to EN or KR -> CN -> EN?

17. Enou

Enou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How the heck Jin Sahyuk listed as love interest!?:blobfearful: do you think she is really a masochist LOL:blobjoy:

18. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Others can reply it for me ;)

19. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People will add Medea as a love interest soon, just you watch!

20. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Boss ever confront Hajin about being a returner or not?