Dao of The Evil God; you guys seriously need to read this

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by White Empress, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Empress

White Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I couldn’t tell what the spitting blood was. I’m glad we can relate with the story though it makes me happy to find other people who enjoy the same things. My feelings exactly fo the assholes and bull crap numbers and such

It’s not a translation so I don’t know why it would have reviews for being a bad translation? I don’t think there is an editor either so I can understand the grammar part. From what I know it’s just the author writing the story by themselves and uploading it in a original story platform, that’s why I posted the Wattpad link. That’s the only (verified) place to read it other than on amazon.
    I’m not sure about why the titles are in Chinese but I’m pretty sure the writer is Chinese American. I know sometimes she does it to prevent spoilers but still has it written to be there. Or maybe the name is just easier to be expressed in Chinese characters.

2. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. There are a lot of grammar mistakes, but it somehow flows way more natural than some other stories with better grammar.... It's kinda weird... At least I have read stories with solid grammar and editing, which were a pain in the ass to read.

Tbh. it looks like a translation... From time to time the author makes chinese word plays which simply don't look like a joke in english... You just realize it's a joke due to the reaction to the line of the MC/side characters/narrative. The author also simply writes wholes whole sentences in chinese, pinying AND the english translation of it in english... Which is... weird?

It's like I plötzlich in einer anderen Sprache schreibe, komplett ohne Grund, und es dann in klammern übersetze. (translation: (It's like I...) suddenly write in another language for no reason whatsoever and then translate it in brackets.

Still an awesome story. I should be through book 1 today or tomorrow. (first 200 chapters)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    ignition-one likes this.
  3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough* you already did.....

4. Karyehs

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda changed my opinion about this novel... The first ~200 chapters were awesome, but from the Nie-clan arc (castrating matriarch clan with forced melodramatic love interest) it became annoying and 'average' at best. After about chapter 250-300 (don't know specific number since they aren't numbered) it's basically filler-ridden with number counting and dozens of delays and mob-reactions after every little fart.

I guess it's almost impossible to keep a novel good for too long. At some point the inconsistencies and fillers just keep multiplying.

Btw. it totally felt like the author stole A Will Eternals plot 1 to 1 for big stretches.

Sigh.... so annoying... at this point it's just one inheritance/realm of fortune/competition after the other, while everybody is sitting infront of a TV and commenting what the MC does. :/

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  5. Ikan

Ikan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems i've read it sometimes ago..probably gonna need to read it back because forgot already about the story.

6. GoldenEmperor

GoldenEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any chance u could explain the Cultivation stages until immortality?

Is there romance?

7. Karyehs

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation stages are pretty standard. The MC doesn't follow the same system, but generally it is:
    Qi Condensation (1-10)
    Foundation (1-10)
    Golden Core (1-20?)
    Nascent (Soul) (early, mid, late, peak)
    Soul Severing (early, mid, late, peak)
    Mortal Transcendence (early, mid late, peak)
    True Immortal
    Heavenly Immortal
    ???? Immortal
    Paragon Immortal
    Immortal Transcendence
    ????

There is "romance"... At the point where I am right now, the MC has a main love interest (the only?), but several women love him... At least right now (about ch. 300s) it looks like he will walk the 'eternal virgin' route.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  8. GoldenEmperor

Reading List:
    Link

What do you mean he doesnt follow general way im gonna read this novel soon .. but just want to know? .. could u explain more about it.. always check wiki on novels before i read them and this one doesnt have one..

9. Karyehs

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he is cultivating a different technique/physique, which means he will have 100 levels of Qi Condensation.
    Lvl 1-10 is normal
    11-20 is like Foundation
    21-40 is like Golden Core
    41-60 is like Nascent
    61-80 is like Soul Severing
    81-100 is like (Mortal) Transcendence

He receives different benefits than others, while not gaining the benefits, which others gain by going up a realm.

10. GoldenEmperor

Reading List:
    Link
    oh so he will become immortal still in qi cond?

11. Karyehs

Reading List:
    Link
    No. I am not that far yet. I am theoretically one step before that, but the author started to draw out fights, reaction scenes and counting up numbers for power ups and stuff like that lately... But theoretically:
    From the informations till now he shouldn't become an Immortal, but a Devil (something the heavens/a superpowerful being forbids for an unknown reason).
    So Qi Condensation lvl 100 -> Devil-hood or something. Idk. I need a break, since the number counting fillers are annoying.

12. GoldenEmperor

Reading List:
    Link
    oh im on chapter 3 now .. does he have children later on? since women likes him like u said ;)

13. Karyehs

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said before: currently it looks like he will walk the 'eternal virgin' route. One of his love interests even comes from a family where males get castrated as soon 'the rice is cooked' to keep them faithful... And his main-love interest probably would rather suck his blood than other bodily fluids...

14. GoldenEmperor

Reading List:
    Link

Ah i see .. btw is the MC OP later on? ..also will other see him Qi cond expert or will he strength be that of the level of Qi cond he is at like u said earlier on the stages is different so when he hits Qi Cond 40 is Trans w/e .. it will show it?

15. ignition-one

ignition-one Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soooo, what I'm getting from this is that we can shamelessly advertise stuff here, right?

Read the whole post and, yes, I will give it a try.

16. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Just check @LysUltima threads and you will know everything about how shameless you need/could to be for adv

LysUltima likes this.
  17. kryuzei

kryuzei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is the writing? I mean, does it have readable english? I just want it to not be like your average amateur writing in ff.net :(

18. disagreeable

disagreeable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @White Empress

Thank you for sharing "The Dao of the Evil God". I love the story and grateful for your sharing it.

19. White Empress

White Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I wasn’t really trying to sell it like a product form some shelf but it’s just so dang good and unknown and I was frustrated and wanted more people to read it. Thx for understanding and enjoying like I do

ambigusmall and disagreeable like this.
  20. gantzman

gantzman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link too where i can read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.