Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome fellow Aquarius friend :aww: let's get along in here :blobhighfive::cookie:

2. Sandu

Sandu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, a number of people and events led to the Yi City tragedy happening at the time and place it did. Even so, the real thing that ruined Xue Yang's happiness was Xue Yang himself because he had done things which meant that the moment his true identity was discovered by Xiao Xingchen, everything would be over. (And then when Xiao Xingchen did find out, Xue Yang misjudged things by telling Xiao Xingchen all about the murdered townspeople and Song Lan, not realising that this would drive him to suicide...)

If his identity being revealed hadn't happened at the time it did, it would probably have happened later. Another cultivator might have passed by and recognised him, or what if Xiao Xingchen were to touch his hand some day and find out about his missing finger? Xue Yang would have been out of luck. I know he wore a glove and XXC was blind, but the situation was precarious and the risk he was taking was really amazing.

I have to wonder how Xue Yang justified those years with Xiao Xingchen and A-Qing. I guess he could have explained it at first by needing to recover his health (which was true, at first), and then by thinking of it was a long plan to torment Xiao Xingchen. By the time he had begun to care about Xiao Xingchen he was already out of luck, since Xiao Xingchen would never be willing to give him a second chance if he knew who he really was.

I would never have expected to like an arc mostly focused on characters who didn't appear much elsewhere so much. I think the author did a great job of it. It's only natural that Wei Wuxian would empathise strongly with Xiao Xingchen's ultimately futile good intentions, especially with the parallel between Wei Wuxian's sacrifice of his core for Jiang Cheng's sake and Xiao Xingchen's sacrifice of his eyes for Song Lan. Xue Yang fits nicely into the themes of the story, too, as another person who might have turned out all right if he'd been treated better before it was too late (like Jin Guangyao). Song Lan makes me think of Jiang Cheng to a degree, with the sacrifice parallel and the split between friends, but he also reminds me of Lan Wangji in how he was strong enough to continue on.

3. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't emphasize this anymore than you since you put this in better perspective then I do.

You do have a point that it would probably happen eventually although I would prefer to hope it didn't because I don't want to support such tragedy that happened (in my mind and crack, this never happened)

I do think it's because Xiao Xingchen not being able to give Xue Yang that second chance is what makes it all hopeless in the end. For me though, I think people deserves second chances if they are willing to change, and I felt like in those times that Xue Yang was living with Xiao Xingchen and A-Qing he was changing, but in the end fate ended up playing with him / them.

Ironically despite I didn't support the tragedy that happened in that arc but I do agree that the author did a good job with the back story and how she writes her characters, which makes that arc interesting.

5. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    At least Xue Yang got a brief taste of a peaceful life being surrounded by good people. Just as JGY had tiny peaceful moments in his life, but in the end, both had to pay the price for their actions. Now that I think about it...the same goes for Wei too when he lived as the YiLing Patriarch. Maaann I wish there was another arc in the story now (T^T) Like with Yi city arc it's so fun to analyse them Author-sama's writing skills is like an immortals (☆ω☆)

6. Sandu

Sandu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before I read spoilers for the ending of the series, I was so worried that it might have a sad ending! I thought it might be working up to Wei Wuxian dying again and then Lan Wangji retiring and becoming a monk the way the founder of the Lan sect did. I thought that maybe the Lan sect history we were told in chapter 18 was foreshadowing for that.

As for zodiac signs, I'm a Leo. :sushi_peak:

7. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    a fellow Leo greetings camaraderie~

8. Yulia Scarlet

Yulia Scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No Problem you're welcome :blobsmilehappy::blob_grin:

Mnemosyne likes this.
  9. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Lan Wangji was just a regular teenager. Even though he was quiet and rule abiding even though he seemed innocent and irritable by something otherwise....( He is just like me *cough*)

7c72c23ed0c1cd8564d63df175812ccf.jpg

PS: can someone say what's there being said in the speech bubble?

Mnemosyne, zeromint, nejvi and 7 others like this.
  10. Yulia Scarlet

Yulia Scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also I'm Aquarius :3

11. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rufi-sidd likes this.
  13. heatherlkl

heatherlkl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Wen Ning and Yulia Scarlet like this.
  14. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @kitkat2010 Thank you so very much for doing the fantastic job of making the audio drama episodes available!! I so wish every time that I could understand Chinese like I do Japanese T_T. Could have immediately messaged you then to help you out with the subtitling. I can time for JP audio fine.

Wen Ning and baka8roukanako like this.
  15. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    My heart goes out to Weiying :blobsob::blobsob:
    He really really didn't deserve that kind of treatment when he was the Yiling Patriarch...... :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: you know for me, aside from a few scenes I love, that whole back story when he was the Yiling Patriarch hurted me so badly...:blobcry::blobsob:

I still love him as the Yiling Patriarch and he was never evil in my eyes.. Thank God, Weiying came back and get this second chance to be happy, because IMO, he and Lan Zhan deserves this chance to be happy after all they've been through!!!

16. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahhaah ya he is hot ahhahahah :D:D:D:D
    its his fault to being wif to wan to approach them in the first place and he should knw wat kind of mouth A-Qing has and he still cannot stand tat the fact the truth is out and so blind her and cut of her tounge? if he realli hated it y not just kill her and tats tat. true he might cut out the tounge so she won say anything but wouldnt killin her oso stop her from talkin unless he wans to prvent her from findin ppl like wei hu can talk to ghost so he cut off her tounge and eye.
    LOLOLOL LXC though his nephew/ niece was dead but turn out was just a watermelon ahhahahahahhahaha. :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:
    holy shit tat is too fkin sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::cookie::cookie::cookie::blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses: TAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FKIN HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT:blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil:
    :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww: thx for the link
    same here ahhahaha
    hw about dress wei in a super sexy lingire and wrap and giv lan zhan and wei might not be able to get out of bed for a few days hahahahhahahahahahahah :blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:
    hahahah wen ning is just too cute
    if he didnt wan to destroy it in the first place den y did he contiune to make XXC kill innocent ppl by cuttin off thier tounges so they cannot speak and call for XXC to not kill them just cause XXC is blind, and XY used tat against him.
    :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::aww::blobicecreamlove: thx

17. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    same sagitarius:blobhighfive:

18. bigbadredpanda

bigbadredpanda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone, this is Red!

I saw that my translations of the extras have made their way here and I'm super glad that they were well-received and that I managed to communicate the sweetness that is domestic Wangxian so thank you for enjoying them :aww:
    I also wanted to thank you for putting together such an extensive directory, it's a trove of information and a huge help for navigating in the fandom!

The translation of the speech bubble is: "Second Master Lan, have you been paying attention to the lecture?" ^^

I also saw that there were some questions regarding the translation of the author interview I wrote...

It was my mistake, I misunderstood the answer regarding the third marriage bow OTZ It was literally "Wangxian third bow was before second【】" and I didn't grasp that the brackets were implying sex here... So the actual answer is that they performed their final bow before their second time together which makes a lot more sense, my apologies >.<

About the origin of the "partner" related to Nie Huaisang... I actually found the answer to that on this very forum after I did the translation, it refers to an older interview of the author (page 59 of the forum). MXTX had mentioned in a postscript that she had written a partner for Nie Huaisang but she ended up scrapping it. It was supposed to be a subordinate who helped him behind the scenes, so the meaning was a partner in crime.

Hope I could clear things up, if you have more questions, ask away!

19. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... WWX actually had amazing grades even if he was a trouble maker... Hahaha but I wonder how did those papers not get wet ^^; well maybe he didn't soak his hands.
    Lol and you think lwj didn't silence him because he respects him? He surely does, if he doesn't then sun rises from the west. But I think lwj likes to hear wwx lol, that's why he didn't silence him. And yes not letting out the moans will be uncomfortable and choking too... And at the end it will be a extremely silent love making session as lwj talk.
    But I think he is picking up on that too. Lololol when he reversed his question "Deep enough?" I started laughing lol.... :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    Thank you so much for the translation!:aww::aww::aww:
    And thanks for translating that bubble too "Second Master Lan have you been paying attention to the lecture"
    Lololol THEN I AM JUST LIKE HIM LOL:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: having WangXian fantasies in the middle of my lessons keeping a straight face... *Sigh... But it's over. No more school only a crucial examination is coming.

20. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for all yours translation! :aww:
    Are you planning to translate other mdzs extra , such as the extra where WangXian night-hunt with SuZhui (the one where they need a virgin)? :cookie:

Wen Ning, setsuna3025 and chiino like this.