Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Referring to how Van will act accordingly when he comes to Origin (in full force) like how Guduranis was to Lambda, even if it is to protect Mei.

Actually, don't put that past him, just because he moved on from his vengeance doesn't mean he won't say that line and it be more a wake up call that is sorely needed for the two.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  2. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, but he won't take on the world by storm unless he must.

But Van doesn't hold any grudges against them for killing him on Origin.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  3. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's something I'm having a hard time with myself. I know for 100% certain there is some mention of it afterward when Rodcorte is repairing Edgar's soul, but that mention was the 2nd time it was mentioned Rodcorte has DK soul fragments. I was pretty sure the first time was somewhere during the 9th book, and I think it was before Van appeared in the dungeon and fought with Heinz. This is the point where my memory is rather fuzzy though, in fact I think my memory of when Alda's 2 fragments were mentioned was a lot more clear than this incident. I can remember the contents of how it was brought up almost perfectly, but I have almost zero reference as to where in the course of the story it was. Only the inkling that it was in the 9th book, and I think it was before the fight with Heinz.

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  4. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Irony is he will have to in the end, otherwise the build up in Origin is just a waste, esp if Rikudou/Avalon just ignores Mei when she reveals her DA.

Again, regardless if he has grudges towards them or not after killing him off, it doesn't stop him from dropping ice on their backs, and I bet he'll do it in the most ruthless of ways possible.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  5. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel another scenario coming on. They're not going to be able to even focus on Mei after Van makes his appearance known. Remember, he's going to show up in his physical living form. While that will create less of a commotion than this Lovecraftian soul form, it's not going to matter once he starts getting active.

(Van walks right into Rokudo's office.)

Rokudo: What!? Who is this child? Who are you?

Van: Ah, sorry. My name is Vandaleu. I am here because you have done several things in regards to the death attribute, so I am here to put a stop to it.

Rokudo: Death attribute? Errr.... I really don't know what you are talking about young lady.

Van: Hmm... I am pretty sure, I heard it first hand from Pluto and Kanako after they died. You were pulling quite a few strings behind the scenes, and even brainwashed that girl Metamorph using some drugs and such and had her take your place. Oh, and by the way, I'm a boy.

Rokudo: A.. uhh...wait, what!?

(Between the mention of talking to the dead Pluto and Kanako, the mention of knowing about what he was doing with Metamorph, and Van being a boy, Rokudo did not know which one to be more surprised about.)

Rokudo: Well, I don't know where you heard about all this stuff young... errr... little guy, but umm...

Van: I just told you, after they died they came to me and told me.

(The wheels in his head begin turning)

Rokudo: Wait, you wouldn't happen to possess affinity for the death attribute, would you?

Van: Yes, I can use the death attribute. I was the first to possess it in this world after all.

Rokudo: What!? The first? I thought that was the undead.

Van: Yes, I was the undead. After I was killed by all of you, I was reincarnated.

Rokudo's inner thoughts: (Reincarnated? Perhapse this is another ability of the death attribute. Can users of the death attribute immediately reincarnate endlessly after they die? Rokudo had experienced reincarnation at the hands of that Rodcorte once, but to be able to simple reincarnate over and over again... Rokudo could feel himself bubbling with anticipation. He just had to learn to use the death attribute himself now.)

Rokudo: Ahh... really... Well, I am going to have to apologize for that. We sincerely did not know about your situation until after all of that stuff happened. I found out about it only after we read the doccuments aobut the horrible things those researchers had done to you in that lab. I have something I want to ask you. You are... like us, aren't you? You were on that boat, right?

Van: You are referring to the boat that was sunk by the terrorists in our first life, right? Yes, I was the 101st reincarnator from that incident.

Rokudo's internal thought: (That confirmed it. He had given this child a prompt that only one of them would know where to pick it up from. He said something that made it sound like he could talk to the dead, so perhapse he could have asked Kanako and the others from Murakami's group, but it seemed unlikely he would go through such a deception when he already... wait... talk to the dead? If that was the case...)

(Rokudo stands up with a panicked look and begins backing away from Van. This was when Rokudo knew he had F***ed up.)

FussyBadger, jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  6. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said she would be depressed though. Isolation is also a form of bullying, as long as she is not able to properly connect with others, she won't have friends her age, and Van is certainly not the best person to consult in that regard.

The point I mentioned about Hiroshi being unable to help properly is about the same problem, Mei would be isolated in regards to her classmates, and Hiroshi wouldn't be able to help in that regard either.

Though I can imagine something like a new Kassim trio, and I can imagine him being friends with some classmates, sinceit's adventure-wise, he would probably be the strongest and smartest one, but as plot elements they would be on the level of the Birk- Guduranis' vampire orphanage, characters that appeared in one or two arcs, but won't remain at his side in matters requiring decision, which ironically, Kassim's Not that a new waifu wouldn't appear, just that the action of the arc should be limited.

Considering Talosheim is still hidden, and I'm also expecting this to remain a constant for the new "friends", story wise the biggest difference they will make is being converted to Vita fundamentalists, though right now I can't imagine who would be the villain of the arc, I mean... Is there anyone besides Alda and Rodcorte now? I'm expecting a more political arc this time, something like a sequel to the dukes of Alchem arc, while the enemy side prepares for a definite attack while they try to guess Van during school.

I'm not sure what you mean by artificially. Yeah, 8th Guidance was certainly the case, hence their limited death attribute, but Van and Mei?

Wasn't Death Attribute discovered on D-01? I think it was also mentioned that his "mixed 4 heroes soul" got some DK soul fragments too, which could be the pointed as the base of his death attribute. Anyway, the act of discovery is the act of identify something that exists but was previously unknown, D-01 was born with Death Attribute.

Same for Mei, yes, it was related to Pluto's action before while she was still pretty much nothing, but once she was born, she was born as a Natural. So I can understand calling it artificial as "done by human hands", but that would be the same as calling an accident something artificial, which I guess can be correct if viewed in a certain way...

Banda can't fill her parents place while in Origin, not as an emotional support, but mainly in the responsibilities of parents. This is followed up by the idea of Avalon trying to get her guard, what can Van do against this? Sure he can kill everyone in the world if necessary, but he is also trying to not catch much attention, he can kill Avalon, sure, but Mei's place in Origin will be completely gone once the parents are dead.

Of course, he can make a place for her in Lambda, what would happen to Hiroshi though? Come together? Or remain an orphan of the previous self-proclaimed hero.

I'm not gonna make predictions on this, the paths are too different to start trying to predict a specific path, so I will wait to be surprised.

Now that you mention it, I guess that is pretty much the task the Gods of Origin wants him to do. I guess Avalon will never reach Lambda... Van with unlimited potential huh...

Easy:
    - There is an armed group in this country [of my personal connection], and they asked for assistance. Oh, there is also this other problem in this other country!

Now send relatively small units to each place. "Oh, they were killed? But they solved the problem, that's good, they won't be forgotten, good friends *sniff*, oh, another problem? Guess problems won't wait, huh?"

Well, you got the point, he does the same thing that he already did with Murakami, Perseus' group and the 2 who stayed with Rod.

If that fragment has part of his personality, it probably wouldn't increase his power, and at the same time, could risk him Van's sanity. Well, she wouldn't be able to seal that soul as she is weak though, so who knows.

I can see why though, I mean, at one point, he tried saving her, at another, she wanted to thank him. Then she kills him without knowing who he was, and he swears to kill everyone in the third life. If it weren't for the rest of the story and how it went, you could guess that, by most basic clichés, they would eventually meet. and either they would make up, or most likely, Van would kill her.

The rest of the story (Specially Darcia), is what pretty much lets you disregard most of the revenge story premise and have a completely different reincarnation isekai story. Oh, there are reincarnators that seem to know him too it seems.

Need to capitalize and bold that. :D

It's a very emotional moment. :x

I'm not saying that he is doing bad things, but that, if bad people were to follow the same idea, that would be bad, hence why while his reasoning is all for the best, his action can't be commended.

7. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I had to change anything it would be that Avalon was doing a big speech at some major event instead of in his office and van walks through the crowd, no one realizing why they made way for van to go past (subconsciously making a path for him) then van saying "hi Avalon long time no see, I hope your research into the death attribute is going well" as a joke of sorts and then proceed to reveal that all the bravers are reincarnated people and their secrets.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  8. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    ALL HAIL DEMONIC GOD EMPEROR VAN!!! :blobowoevil_horns::blobrofl:

jubjub3000 likes this.
  9. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Van is naturally secretive by nature, and when he gets in executioner mode it is always in the office of his intended victim. This is a well established pattern at this point.

EDIT: Actually, his secretiveness is rather paradoxical in nature. It is a lot like the rest of how he lives his life, he is secretive about a few very select things. 1. DK stuff. 2. DA stuff in public view (he only tells people he has guided or people he's about to kill)

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  10. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww:
    You forget one thing, when people who have Divine protection died , they will go to Gods/Goddess that give them divine protection
    Maybe
    I don't think she will say it like that too:aww:
    Somehow Van related romance is not really explored since DM is not romance novel

11. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    1. He's still technically a kid (physically, no need to bother with real age lol)
    2. Harems are technically a romcom in a sense (not all harems are labelled romance either)

Nakakure and jubjub3000 like this.
  12. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that is true every time he's assassinated someone it's been In their office/house but it just seems more exciting being out in the open with all of the bravers secrets revealed to the world (although he could just collect the documents and spread it via media/dreams)

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  13. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    As in, they did not originally have the death attribute. Not as individuals, but as souls, since Van and Mei have had the death attribute for as long as they can remember.

Yes, but that only means D-01 is the first individual on Origin known to have the death attribute. It doesn't mean he's not artificial.

Van was simply tainted by lingering death attribute mana. Mei is a similar case.

Van already has unlimited potential, as far as I can tell. Vida modified his soul to give him a fighting chance against all the hardship she knew he would face. So Avalon's cheat skill is redundant for Van, unless it will completely remove any and all walls in the way of his future growth.

Van already assimilated the Demon King's shadow. Of course, the shadow was a bit damaged at the time because Birkne used it recklessly, but this proves that safely assimilating soul fragments is at least possible.

By the way, the shadow seems to be the part of personality Guduranis openly displays, rather than his actual feelings and thought patterns. Without his shadow, Guduranis can only act like the petty and hateful scum he really is.

This demands a fanfic. Like, right now.

It's not just about killing Avalon. Killing his public image first would be extremely effective.

jubjub3000 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  14. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    May want to include nations and organizations that are 'supporting' Avalon since the "No DA attribute Research" treaty went down the drain.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  15. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, Alda had to specifically ask Rodiot to set it so the souls of Gordon and Heinz would not be automatically re-incarnated by the system back before the doomed invasion of Taloshielm. Souls only go where the owner of their cycle sets them to go. Rod has the bravers all set to be immediately be sent to him.

16. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah according to DM chapter 162
    “Of course, when the lives of those with divine protections end, they are often summoned by the gods before they are reincarnated and ascend into familiar spirits, heroic spirits or even subordinate gods if they are exceptional individuals. Bellwood, Farmaun and Nineroad all became gods under Alda,” said Ricklent. “In these cases, the powers granted to them remain in effect.”

17. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, that is indeed true.

I wondered why I had the impression it was false, I knew that the reincarnators' case was that because Rod set it off as such, but such default was never really mentioned, or at least, I didn't remember it, so thought I had just missed it.

Yeah, I thought about Veld who appeared in Vida's domain and couldn't do anything.

I'm not sure if there is a default or if things changed because the author decided so. Heinz and Gordon had Divine Protection, but weren't that much more connected to the gods.

18. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget that mai also in Vida circle

19. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    She isn't, if only because Vida's system does not exist on Origin.

jubjub3000 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  20. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I believe it was noted that Mei isn't in Rodcorte's anymore