LCD Tales of Herding Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by AardwarkThe2nd, Feb 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ojou-sama

Ojou-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This brat... Didn't I tell you not to play with summoning spells?! Can't you just quietly do your job?! Once you return home, I, your father, gonna give you a beating!

2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this thread still active? Anyways, the heavens in this cultivation story is fake! The Dao there is fake! What Dao makes mortal lives harder? What Dao makes life harder? A Dao is modeled after nature? DRAGONDUNG! That Dao is false and not a true Dao for the Dao emanates being and nature follows the Dao, not Dao follows nature! Heavens without eyes is the nine heavens and heavens with eyes are gods making themselves the heavens! A difference in power but no difference between gods and mortal emperors who rule with power! If we can alleviate suffering, decrease hardship and increase wisdom then let the fake heavens and tyrant gods brand us as devils and demons! To save the world; we must first destroy it!

"If the gods and devils don't die, there will be no end to trouble!" - Chapter 220

Rocky9 likes this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    He's getting pretty strong for someone that's still stuck in 5th element realm, his versatility and foundation are both much broader than the typical cultivator. It's funny though, they blame him for summoning devils to fight them, when their whole uprising against the government was using undead, devil summoning and killing innocents.

Rocky9 likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: This is a weird story.

If she turned the woman into a cow rather than killing her, then how is that the woman making a bargain?

C2: If everything below his waist is gone, then how does Butcher excrete and urinate?

I was 90% certain that he had all four the moment it was stated that there were four. Now I'm only 70% certain. I'm really hoping he doesn't to be honest.

C3: Why didn't Apothecary just refuse to feed him more than one beast's worth of spirit blood at a time? There was no need to waste so much of it and put the MC's life at risk.

C4: Tailoring is seriously evil.

C6: lol.

C7: I wonder if he'll just cultivate all the time now. As long as he doesn't need to talk or eat, there's really no reason to stop.

Would he even need to hide? Doesn't he have the jade necklace still? Or would it not be strong enough to protect him now that he's so much larger?

Also wondering why they think he'll lead them to safety. If he had a path to safety that they weren't blocking, then he would have taken it already.

C8: I wonder why she's hiding in the village. With her skills, shouldn't it be quite easy for her to simply leave and go so far away that the devil cult could never find her? Cultivation worlds are huge after all, and it's clear that their sect doesn't control all of it.

C9: Why would so many of the beasts wait for so long before heading for safety?

I wonder if he sent his junior brother forward as cannon fodder or if the story just protected him since he actually had a name.

C10: I was really hoping he'd try the maiden's chant instead. Hopefully him chanting with the devil won't tip the battle in its favor, or somehow mark his qi as devil qi, thus making him the enemy of all mankind.

C12: If he's realized that he's about to die, then why is he still fighting? The MC has made it very clear that he'd be perfectly happy to not fight.

C15: He told them about the god and devil chanting battle right? Why are they saying that they don't know where the god and devil voices came from? It's a very easy connection to make, especially when it's the only real possibility given how sheltered his life had been up to that point.

C16: She's a bit lacking in patience...

C18: If that's the only way to get spirit weapons, then I expect that people that have just entered the Six Directions stage have a lot of trouble with people trying to kill and rob them.

"I took all of your items with my own strength" Not really? He just borrowed the statue's knife to steal them.

Even if he didn't want to kill it with the statue, I wonder why he didn't kill it at all. Leaving it alive makes him no less guilty than the statue after all. Heck, he didn't even try to put up a sign to warn people about the monster.

C19: lol. I love that they're proud of him for extortion ;)

C20: I think normal cultivators' hearts would bleed if they knew how many resources were "wasted" on a normal person...

That aside, I wonder why they don't explain to him the way in which they access their own embryos' powers. He might be able to use it as a reference for accessing his embryo's.

C21: I wonder if he'll kill the ape, or if it'll be forced to become his practice (punching) partner (bag) ;)

C24: This turned out to be a much luckier break for the ape than I was initially expecting ;)

I wonder how much its territory will have expanded by by the time he leaves the village.

C25: I wonder what sorts of torture they'll put him through to awaken the other elements ;)

C26: I wonder why none of them realized that he might be able to learn the other two attributes. They think he's got the Overlord Body after all.

C28: I hope he remembers to tell Grandma Si about this. The Mudras might not be safe to practice after all.

C29: I hope he doesn't regret giving them directions :(

C30: The MC is a bit slow on the uptake if it took him that long to figure out why they wanted the clothes and coffins.

I wonder why they started with the MC. His cultivation is the worst out of everyone there.

Also curious how they found the corpses. Wouldn't the darkness have eaten the corpses the same night if the wild beasts didn't?

C33: "We are all normal people in the village." lol. I don't think even the MC is naive enough to believe that ;)

"The people outside are much fiercer than Blind!" lol. For some reason, this is starting to remind me of the Truman Show.

C35: "Butcher should be butchering meat to sell while Cripple does the cashiering, clearly dividing up their works." Wasn't Cripple bared from gong to the fair due to being a kleptomaniac?

"There were others who were selling strange beasts, ores, jewelry, their daughters, et cetera." One of these things is not like the others...

lol. Profiteers ;)

C36: lol at Blind setting him up with his rabble rousing XD

C41: Why would he have ended his eye technique before striking the snake? And if it was ended, then how could he see the snake attacking him?

C43: "Blind chuckled as he walked forward, knocking into a tree with a bump and fainted." lol. Coward XD

C44: I wonder how he was spotting her.

C52: They really should have asked him if he was interested in the position. Though, given her attitude on vixens, and the likely extreme number of vixens in the cult that would want to throw themselves at him, I'm mildly surprised that she's so happy about the deal.

Speaking of vixens, I wonder if that fox will wind up going with him. She feels like a pet sort of character.

C53: "Let’s not tell him. If we tell him, it wouldn’t be as interesting." lol. Are they sure that they aren't all devil path cultivators? ;)

I wonder if it'll be 1v1s or all v 1.

C56: I wonder if Mute will be upset that he destroyed his knife.

C57: "I'm only eleven years old and coming twelve this autumn. I don't understand what you're saying." lol. If that were true, he wouldn't know to say that ;)

Reverse grip doesn't mean "sure kill move," it means "I don't know how to use a knife for combat."

C61: Why would he need to set her free to get her cooperation? She should be fairly happy to get the corpses as payment.

C62: He sure is being self-righteous for a guy that's just as guilty of not killing her as the statue, and is even actively seeking to make himself more guilty by setting her free.

C64: I'm surprised that Gu Linuan is still alive. I would have thought that one of the elders would have dropped by to kill him just to be certain that he couldn't seek revenge.

C65: "Crap, my fourth-ranking official seal!" I'm betting that's the MC's seal now ;)

C66: He's definitely going to get in trouble for having that "sweat towel".

I feel that there's a rather large and extremely important gap in his education...

C67: lol. I wonder if that stall owner will cry himself to death later ;)

Also curious if the MC will use that "sweat towel" in the very near future ;)

C70: "We had the affinity to meet twice" isn't it thrice?

lol. The MC has a gift for ticking people off with sincerity.

C71: "Please wait a moment, City Lord. Let me kill someone and win the money to pay you." lol.

"you can just summon him into the palace and give him the title of a eunuch." I sincerely doubt that he'd be happy with such a title...or the associated surgery.

C73: Why would they send so many assassins after someone as relatively weak as the MC?

"Granny Si had never brought Blind into the city in the past yet she brought him this time." Then why was she complaining that every time she brought him into the city he'd gamble all his money away?

lol. If she brings the pillars home, then how would the city survive?

C75: I was wondering why she hadn't taught it to him yet. Though I'm still wondering why he hasn't broken his second wall.

"only relied on his luck to gamble with others." Then why did he admit to cheating when he was thrown out the night before?

"there's no wind to borrow strength from" Why didn't he learn the fox's wind spell? He had to have read the book she learned it from, even if only to read it to her.

C83: Why did it take him so long to learn the White Tiger Qi? After he learned his third qi type, it should have been obvious to try to get him to learn the fourth. Since Granny Si can manifest her qi, he could have just studied that and unlocked it years ago.

C84: "Mu'er, you haven't told any of those old fellows right?" lol. Village Chief is a true politician. His first thought when encountering his own errors is to determine if a coverup is possible ;)

C87: Why isn't he using his spear technique? And why is he stupidly matching elements instead of using water against fire etc.

C90: Seriously, why isn't he using his water attributed spear art with his super charged water qi?

C91: He agreed to eternal damnation far too easily.

Village Chief didn't pay the boatman...

C93: Why would Butcher be worried about him suddenly using two knives? If he's never practiced with two before, then he's basically shooting himself in the foot.

It feels like Deaf isn't even trying to win. If he were, then he'd have chosen just about anything other than dragons.

C95: Why would he make his spear out of fire? It's a water divine art. Using fire just makes it weaker for no good reason.

Shouldn't he ask if the MC wants whatever responsibility comes with that set of sword skills? Also, if he's that close to death, why is he only going to teach him the first move? What if he dies before he gets a chance to teach him the others? Or is there only one?

C96: I wonder if he'll actually learn, and if he does, if he'll manage to learn transformation by the time the MC returns.

Also wondering how long the MC will actually be gone. It's pretty clear that he'll have to come back since he's still lacking the 8 eye layers and however many sword skills plus whatever else he couldn't learn due to lacking cultivation. It's just difficult to believe that he'll actually make it back in the time frame that he stated.

C97: I wonder why he can't just use the HDC's flags to teleport out of the mountains.

C104: Honestly, I was expecting Blind to leave earlier. He's got the least reason to stay after the MC leaves, and at least as much reason as any of the others to leave.

C105: I wonder why his cult didn't prepare travel documents for him. Or, if not them, then Cripple. He's got a fourth ranked official's seal after all ;)

C106: "kneeling when you can't win." lol. It's a secret skill that more villains need to learn ;)

C108: "However, the danger lurking around Eternal Peace Imperial Preceptor would be completely got rid of, am I right?" Nope. If anything, it'd just make those who remained loyal regret it due to his betrayal. Not to mention the fact that new would-be traitors are born every day. Having a strong, stable government is the best way to prevent troubles. Gimmicky crap like this just destabilizes your country for no reason.

If Fatty Wei had the ability to cultivate, then why wasn't he able to go to the college after elementary school? Or did he just decide to skip college and go straight to the Imperial college? Or am I misunderstanding the education system?

C111: "No wonder, he had brought his own little vixen…" lol. I wonder if Granny would be happy about this misunderstanding? ;)

C112: lol. Why do they even have the big bell.

"Sister Ling'er, let us teach you the skill of enticement. It's pretty interesting…" lol. Granny'll kill them XD

C113: lol. I love the shameless hypocrisy.

C114: That was a very conveniently timed death O.O

C115: I wonder if anyone will ever tell him what technique he's actually practicing...

C116: "Si Yunxiang." I found that name very suspicious too. I think maybe he gave up on his suspicions a bit too easily though.

C119: While the bit about the poor revolting against the rich isn't wrong in the real world, it doesn't really apply in a xianxia world where wealth = power on a much more personal level than in the real world.

I wonder if the Imperial Preceptor is the one that the MC is supposed to heal then.

There's also the third path: take over the country from the shadows. Though, this would require replacing the emperor.

C122: I wonder if it's occurred to the MC that he's destroying the business of all the clinics and physicians in the capital. Providing free service sounds like a good and charitable thing, but it just drives those who actually need the money into a corner and forces them to give up on the path of medicine. Since the MC isn't planning to spend his whole life as a doctor in the capital, the long term result of this will be quite bad if he doesn't stop soon.

"Sister Fu, I don't even know you" I wonder if there's anyone that would believe such an obvious lie. After all, she never introduced herself.

C123: I wonder if they'll try to get him to join their department's faculty, or even become its head.

C125: "He would be beaten to death sooner or later." lol. A reasonable conclusion, though wrong ;)

I wonder why no one is commenting on his ability to use multiple attributes.

C126: "snatching things with our own ability couldn't be called stealing." Then what could be called stealing?

C129: I wonder why she's still not learned to read.

C134: I wonder why the dowager empress doesn't just ask her son to get justice for her. He wouldn't execute the preceptor, but I doubt he'd have a problem with executing Little Poison King.

C139: Isn't the MC supposed to be smart and insightful? How has he not already figured out that the qilin/dragon was up to no good?

Also, Chancellor Ba Shan is an idiot for placing an herbivore to protect his garden.

C141: He made it so clear that the drug was dangerous, but they still failed to notice. How did they manage to make it to the ranks that they have if they can't spot such things?

C148: lol. Hu Ling is really bad at comforting people ;)

C149: I wonder if the MC will also pick up that title while he's there.

C154: I'm starting to get the feeling that the author doesn't know what "reverse grip" actually means. If you're holding knives that way, it's basically impossible to sheathe them on your back.

C158: It occurs to me that he just told them the prescription for an army destroying anesthetic. Hopefully, he included some extra stuff that wasn't necessary, or left out at least one key ingredient.

I was figuring the village was full of cannibals or something, but that seems less likely now.

C159: "In that case, are the sons he gave birth his sons or my sons?" I was wondering this myself.

C161: "I have yet to create trouble." lol. I wonder if he believes that ;)

C165: It'd be nice if we could move on from worshiping communism soon. It's honestly quite boring.

C167: He should really have the cult keep an eye out for the rest of his cultivation technique. Trying to find it on his own is doomed to failure without major assistance from the author.

If they teach all the techniques indiscriminately, then they're responsible when evil people are taught in spite of being evil and do more evil things than they otherwise could have. Also, there's really no point in hiding their headquarters in a separate world space if they're going to teach their teleportation technique to anyone that's interested in learning it. I get that the author worships the tenets of communism, but there's a reason why they've never succeeded on any scale since they were first conceived.

C168: I wonder if he'll accidentally blow the place up while experimenting.

C169: I get that this is supposed to be funny, but it's just not. Failing once is fine, but failing over and over again while completely disregarding the damage that he's doing to his own sect's foundation just isn't.

C170: I wonder if he just fixed the weakness in his cultivation technique.

C173: If he could hold the ship up for so long, then why wouldn't he simply land it? It'd be much safer and it wouldn't exhaust his energy. After all, for all he knew, that woman was waiting for the ship to crash or him to exhaust himself before coming over to attack again.

C174: "How can I take such a precious gift? Ling'er, take it quickly." lol.

C175: I wonder if Second Prince knows where she got her hammer from ;)

C183: How did the sects get Nine Spectres Sect to agree to self-extermination?

I wonder if the magistrate survived. Also wondering what sort of massive blow he'll strike against the sects before he makes it back across the border.

C188: There's a part of me that expects Village Chief, Patriarch, etc. to come out of that portal...

C190: "He wants Imperial Preceptor to find a suitable successor for him." I vote Seventh Princess ;)

C191: "He's still thinking of charging money to treat illness. Deep inside him, he's indeed very petty…" How is that petty? That medicine isn't rain water. If someone doesn't pay for it, then who will pay to feed his dragon quilin?

C192: I wonder if he'll remember to have the school restrict or destroy that devil summoning technique. If not, then it's only a matter of time before a group of idiots creates a repeat of this incident, possibly with a very different ending.

They're still burying corpses? Did they learn nothing from this disaster?

Ah, maybe that's why no one ever questioned his ability to use both fire and water when making pills.

It's not just the directorates though? It's also the primary schools and colleges. After all, most of the Imperial Scholars are already at Six Treasures when they're admitted.

C193: "I don't care what race you are." If that were true, then he wouldn't have asked him what his race was.

C195: I really wish the translator would stop using "ain't." There are places where it's appropriate, but so far, it's not been used in even a single one of those places.

I wonder if the man in the mask is the emperor. I know the odds aren't high, but it'd be funny if he were.

C196: I'm pretty sure the Imperial Preceptor could kick his ass, even after sealing his cultivation.

C199: rofl. He's a troll XD

Though, I do wonder why he decided to stop hiding his and his subordinates' identities.

C201: If a high ranking member of the imperial family coincidentally goes missing, it won't exactly be hard to guess who was wearing the mask.

That said, I'm betting it was the crown prince. Too many of his teachers were sect leaders, and he's basically the only child of the emperor that could possibly be strong enough. I assume anyone that's not his child or his mother is long since dead.

C206: I wonder why he didn't get Grandpa Ma to help him banish Dutian.

C208: Knowing the words and knowing their meanings are completely different things. No one ever explained the words meanings to him, which has been bothering me ever since he started being treated as someone who understood them.

C209: Why would he do the summoning in his own home? Doing it out in the wilderness would have been much safer for everyone, especially his home.

C211: So, does that make this a mecha series then? ;)

C212: The things he said about the assassins' identities feel like a trap to drive a wedge between the cult and the emperor.

C216: With those two's inability to keep a secret, it's probably best to keep their titles as honorary as possible ;)

C217: If he truly believed in acting solely for the common person, then he wouldn't be building a super ship for a pirate. Pirates only harm people, and the people they harm the most are the commoners.

"I want to know who exactly is the new cult master of Heavenly Devil Cult!" The dead monk told him who the MC was before he died. Why would he need to ask anyone?

C221: And this is why he should be traveling with powerhouse bodyguards if he's going to keep telling people who he is, or failing that, large amounts of very high quality poison.

C223: Wouldn't the holes in the ship patch themselves with ice almost instantly?

C226: Wouldn't they freeze to death if they tried to sleep in that house that was (at bare minimum) lacking an entire wall?

lol. Yeah. I'm sure Dutian Devil King isn't afraid at all ;)

C227: Hu Ling really needs to learn how to keep her mouth shut.

"since Heavenly Devil Cult belongs to the devil path, the demon they suppressed must be a good demon." Moron. Even if HDC were evil, that doesn't mean that their enemies are exclusively good. Evil fights evil even more often than they fight good.

Why would they run towards the Great Ruins and not away from them? Even if they were stupid enough to not be afraid of the Great Ruins, they should still be afraid of getting caught up in that demon's revenge.

C228: "Heavenly Devil Cult is truly sinful, to raise such a huge demon to harm people!" Just how delusional does he have to be to say that when the demon has made it clear that she hates the cult precisely because they went all out to stop her from eating people?

C232: I wonder why he even knew that the mirror did that.

C233: I'd been wondering if any of his "guests" would try to rob the village while it was empty.

C234: She's really good at running away.

C238: Since there were graves, there should be bodies in those graves. Why didn't he use them to call back some souls and ask them about his family and the village?

C239: There's no such thing as a "smallest possible decimal." It's literally impossible for such a thing to exist unless the number system you're using is heavily flawed. Even then, it still doesn't mean that it exists. It just means that you need a better system.

C242: "I didn't run back then and succeeded this inheritance without thinking it through." rofl.

I wonder when he'll get around to reading what's on the seal. I expect it's quite important.

C244: Isn't it an incredibly bad idea to send the MC to the monastery when the monastery has already tried to assassinate him?

C245: I wonder if the statue's head always gets severed, or if it only got severed because he was able to find "his" mount. In the latter case, I wonder if this will change the power balance of the night war. In the former case, I wonder if they could follow those messenger statues back to Carefree Village.

C253: It'd be nice if we could stop harping on how much the author hates Buddhism. It's getting very, very old. But since there's no chance of that happening, and in fact, more and more of every arc (and lately, chapter) is being dedicated to propaganda and dogma, I think it's probably best that I just drop the series. I'm not looking for a treatise on Communist philosophy. If I were, there are better books out there.

User01 and shafad like this.
  5. shafad

shafad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    666666.... for all your hard work for the review

6. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am deeply weirded out by the assumption that a story that has a society building schools en mass and trying to preserve knowledge as well as glorifying art advancement and meritocracy is anything close to chinese communism.

There has been no 'communism admiration' in the text at all. There /has/ been some critic of Mahayana Buddhism, but those are "RL critiques of Mahayana Buddhism being 'Upper Middle' Way" that focus on self-entitlement and ignore societal issues.

7. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's the same as in the real world
    some people travel all over the world to help others, some donate their money while the rich keep gathering money without being able to spend it all, and others preach how god is good, everyone shoud pray etc, while staying in their church, show up once a while if there are any disaster, terrorism

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    So he's in bed with a princess and twin maids. Sounds like a good time.

9. muadib

muadib Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Umm, there actually is a "smallest possible decimal" (when talking about physical measurements), as far as we currently know, it's the planck length. Spot on other than that though!

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Because you can't get flatter than a plank? :blobpeek:

Anyway, first human emperor with an intact celestial bridge and capability to become a god.
    I wonder when he'll make his own spirit weapon, it'd be cool if mute made it with the metal from the human emperor's token lol.

Speaking of Mute, he's the only one whose background is still unknown to us?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose it would depend on the context then. If it was pure mathematics, then I stand by what I said, but I honestly can't remember the context.

12. muadib

muadib Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    I think it was in the context of the smallest "qi" particles possible, because I remember it making sense, though obviously if it was just about pure maths, then you're 100% correct.

jacobpaige likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, then I can see where you're coming from.

14. Eternalce1

Eternalce1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BTW, what happened to Hu Ling'Er?

15. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    The legend of Overlord Body is become true haha
    Epic those last chapters! Beating and rebuking all his ancestors! lol

16. Chivas

Chivas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you spoil us after chapter 505?

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped this series a long time ago due to all the strawmen.

18. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, wonder when those survivors from former eras will make their come back. So hyped even if i know that it will probably take at least a hundreds chapters..:notlikeblob:

19. Eternalce1

Eternalce1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so no one is interested in this novel anymore :blobcry::blobconfounded:

20. ngheem

ngheem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well first it's on Webnovel paywall so no update on NU, then the building up is too long (2 first volume), and the author mixes many things to this which made things too complicated for a Xuanhuan. There are also many 'plot hole' which required to read to much later to understand