Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's if Van's divine Protection doesn't alter the soul to make it fit into Vida's cycle (he did give quite a few folks his DP in Origin, kinda believe their souls would be altered at that point since they all began acting like screaming bloody murder after one dream).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  2. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    She's in Rodcorte's system because there's isn't anywhere else she can go right now. That should quickly change either the moment she dies or the moment she reaches Lambda.

3. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm about 99% sure that she's no longer in Rodcorte's system because it was said by the angels that they couldn't find her. I'm pretty sure they looked into this when Van made his first trip to Origin in dream form?

4. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then doesn't this just make her outside of any system at the moment just waiting to reincarnate (or transmigrate to lambda) so she can enter vidas system.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  5. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said she was in Vida's. I just said she wasn't in rodcorte's system. I think there is a chance she is in Vida's but if anything I think Van will end up making one for Origin at some point.

6. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Also if not mistaken, he may end up teaching Gods of Origin how to make a cycle if/when it's both done and perfected. (basing this on Puny God's fears btw)

jubjub3000 likes this.
  7. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I can just imagine vida handing out some reincarnation cycles like:

"If you get the defensive pact you get the reincarnation cycle for FREE, yes you heard it FREE reincarnation cycles when you buy a defensive pact at vida'r'us"

8. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    "BUT WAIT!!!! There's more....."

Van = Billy Mayes of Death Magic

jubjub3000 likes this.
  9. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    "We even devour your most hated enemies for HALF PRICE! Get it whilst you still can!"

10. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh. My mistake.

jubjub3000 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  11. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Who else imagines fidirg evil dragon of five sins as a five headed version of king ghidorah?

[​IMG]
    fidirg bothering van about descending skill colorized

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  12. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep in mind here, Mei is 3 years old. Just turned 3 as a matter of fact. There are a fair number of pre-schools that will accept potty-trained 3 year olds, so it's entirely possible for her to get into such a pre-school.

Thing is, 3 year olds do not really have the mental development to grasp things like family prestige or social status. They won't take it seriously at all and this is exactly the age where they might actually think "that's cool!" and want to innocently and honestly want to be around her more.

That however, if Denske knows anything about real child psychology, will have the novelty wear off fast and after about a week they will just treat her like any other kid in the class.

All that said, the way a 3-4 year old plays is very different from how a 6-10 year old plays. 3-4 year olds do not "play with each other." They play next to each other. It is an activity child psychologists refer to as "side by side play." Side by side play is the most typical method of "playing together" among children of this age. They simply haven't developed the mental ability to actually interact with each other while playing.

One thing that MIGHT get Mei a little ostracised by her classmates at that age though is if she keeps "talking to herself" or (or rather, talking to invisible people who "aren't there," AKA Banda.) They would probably find that a little weird even at their young age.

There would be a little bit of a new dynamic though that wasn't present with the Kassim trio or the orphans. These are going to be the children of nobles. They will be 3rd sons and such, no possibility of inheritance, but that in and of itself will mean they have more pride, preconceptions, but also knowledge about the world. Their reactions would likely be a bit different from the previous normal young people (young = "his age -3" through 20) Van has interacted with.

That being the case, the interactions would also be more meaningful on a nation-wide scale. The more of these noble children he pursuades to his way of seeing the world, the larger impact it will have on the nation as a whole.

There is not enough information and Denske has enough of a history of surprising us that it's impossible to make 1 specific prediction, but I do think it's possible to make several "if-then" style predictions. (We don't know what input Denske will put into the "if" category, but depending on which way he goes we can make a fairly good prediction on what the "then" output will be.)

When Van said he was going to take Mei to Lamba "if it looked like it would be impossible for her to have a normal life in Origin anymore," he seemed to have a few specific stimuli conditions in mind for this.
    1. Her parents reject her.
    2. Her parents die.
    3. The world finds out about her being a death mage and start hunting her.

I really don't think Van would abandon Hiroshi if scenario #2 was the scenario that happened, so if it is scenario #2, I think he would take Hiroshi to Lamba as well. If it was scenario #1, he would leave Hiroshi with his parents and only take Mei, if it was scenario #3.... I'm not going to make predictions on scenario #3, too many variables.

ssj4maiko, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  13. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting scenario :aww:
    In case #1 do you think both or one of them will reject her?
    Case #2 let's hope not all of them that die . I think if Narumi the first who die because Mei , Amemiya will become more vunerable to Avalon and grow hate to Death Attribute. .
    I aggre in case #3 there are many Variable but i think at least there will be 2 big Variable., Will Van using directly approach or secretive approach?

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  14. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I think scenario #3 is the most likely of all the scenarios, I just plain don't think scenario 1 would ever happen from what I know of the characters, and scenario 2 just makes it too clean and easy in terms of Van's reaction. It would just seem like a let-down to have something that clean-cut with no moral ambiguity as to what Van should do. Really, the only reason I mentioned those first two scenarios was because other people in here talked about them.

EDIT: That said, my real point is that those 2 scenarios which seem to be the 2 scenarios most people are actually talking about are probably not going to happen. The reason they're not going to happen is because if they do happen I can tell you precisely what will happen step by step afterward. I have not once been able to accurately predict anything Densuke would do, and the very fact I could call the shots with those two "if" scenarios and how much simpler those 2 scenarios would actually make things is the exact reason I don't think they will happen.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Nakakure, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  15. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fidirg is described as a giant scaled hand with one-eyed snake heads for fingers, so I tend towards more of a cat fingers rendition in my own head:

[​IMG]

Korleone, hillo315, Mesaphrom and 2 others like this.
  16. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    While the description does say that I just prefer imagining as a 5 headed ghidorah due to it looking better (to me)

17. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see him a little more snake/worm-like necks, but it is pretty close to how I see him. Merrebeveil I would say is a combinations of Helena's Nail Mode Andersen + the worm that talks.

18. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I think scenario 1 and 2 will become Variable for scenario 3.

Btw Rodiot is really idiot did he just give divine protection last 2 reincarnation when normally god just give divine protection for 1 life .

19. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    It's normally for one life because they don't know what that follower will become in the next life and they don't want to limit a new life forms options to grow, however because the reincarnated people (bravers, etc) will have there previous life memories so rod knows what they are beforehand and such so it's not that bad plus he wants them to grow strong as fast as possible and the more divine protections the better.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  20. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter's out. :blobpeek:
    • High gods use more of the cast as projectiles
    • Madoroza (sea dragon) is very upset she can't use the sea because Orbia turned it into ice
    • Finally found out what happened to Martina (the 5-Colored Blade who died in the Trial of Zakkart): she's fused with the other ghosts in the trial and is now helping Van cast space-attribute Divine Spirit Magic. Also this happened because none of the amnesiac ghosts wanted to rank up, regain their old memories, find out they're Martina, and then get eaten by Van... :sweating_profusely:
    • Legion and Knochen combine using Valkyrie's death-attribute skill as a connection. Now they can control all their muscles and their bones.
    • Chapter ends with Gohn, Madoroza and Blateo, 3 leaders of the defense force, all dead after the Vida forces gang up on them. And Alda and Nineroads are still not sending reinforcements. Good job Blateo! You got everyone killed!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Korleone, Kreig123, Claus and 7 others like this.