I guess people hate Shieldbro's story now huh?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ceimur, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You my fellow reader/watcher, has now realize that East and West have very different views, particularly anime as a (Japanese) subculture with their apparent tropes, that only dedicated readers/watchers know and understand (to some or all levels). The majority of the casuals, generalize anime oppose to the fans (in-between) of such tropes, with the minority who are into all sorts of brands (public and private). Welcome, to the community; where society in a whole is just a subset to one gigantic fetish in the unending quest for escapism.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah definitely, if you like something you shouldn't let anyone else stop you. Who cares about what others think? That has nothing to do with you.

Plus personal tastes can change at any time, things I used to not like suddenly becoming my favorites and vice versa. So it's not like subjective opinions have ever been reliable for anything in the first place.

Thanks for the source, first time I heard of this anime news network, and probably the last time too. wth was that

3. Ceimur

Ceimur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More mindless outrage i guess

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    All news outlet has become pretty retarded for the past few years. Like why man.

5. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    who gives a shit if sjw's complain are they people who's opinion matters to you?

Jsansor, Kylarin and Astaroth like this.
  6. Ceimur

Ceimur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in the Philippines where i live in we still have about 80% trust in media since most media reports, coverage, exposition happen on site of the incident so i guess it is culture shock for me to know that media on other countries are bunch of bs

7. Yaoikun

Yaoikun The other Red Siblings | Cursed Black Knight

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah same, I liked the beginning, but it turned to utter shite later lol. Seeing a lot of drama on Twitter from the ppl I follow some hate it, some love it... I'm waiting until the Anime turns to shit like the novel and everyone just jumps ship, except those few diehard fans. :whistle::)

Give them a few chapters of Martial God Asura. xDD

AkunDami likes this.
  9. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Media hates anime.
    End of story.

Astaroth likes this.
  10. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who gives a damn about them, if they are so capable they would be famous writers or whatever already
    if you like the anime watch it and ignore them

Astaroth likes this.
  11. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    i find it interesting how japanese main characters can be so beta while simultaneously pissing off so many sjw's

MangoGuy and Astaroth like this.
  12. Catfish

Catfish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They really only attack what is popular. They don't care if the thing they are critisizing is doing it as a parody, as long as its popular and one aspect of it doesn't fit with what they want they will attack it and take it out of context.

I mean look at all those hentai that feature rape, look at those novels that actually has racism. Are they getting as much as attention as shieldhero? No. Why?

Because its not popular

Do you know why goblin slayer is getting attack?

Because its popular

Do you know why people like pewdipie is getting attack?

Because his popular

Do you know why shield hero is getting attack?

Because its popular

See the media only attacks those that are trending because they would get more attention that way.

13. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    It's shit. I remember reading it and disliking a lot, I don't understand how anyone could love it

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Shirokami Ayato

Shirokami Ayato Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They really nd to do this to even breathe huh....

15. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Mainstream media clings onto anything controversial. In this case rape. They don't care about the story. They don't care if it's relevant or not, they hear rape and they come running and mob the anime.

Now since the mainstream media is shutting on shieldbro you can expect shieldbro to get shitty reviews from people influenced by those articles. Then people will get influenced by those reviews and start disliking the anime too. Mainstream media can be pretty shitty.

Sabruness likes this.
  16. Ceimur

Ceimur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im sorry for ruining your day with this stuff. Im probably like this and posted this because of few reasons

What is happening to the anime community is saddens me

I used to like america since they were helpful to us in past history especially during the world war. But i guess that was americas glory days

And Im a millenial and posted this to find kindred spirit in the internet. I guess im part of the problem *self deprecating sigh*

Astaroth likes this.
  17. GabeZhul

GabeZhul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did it? And where? Because as far as I am concerned, after a good start it kinda meandered into slow mediocrity around the time the Queen returned and stayed there until Tact arrived, then it got a little better with Tact being built up as the big bad, then it immediately went back to "so okay it's average" when Naofumi curbstomped him like four times in a row just to rub it in, and stayed that way until the end.

As for the OP, honestly, I was expecting that this would happen sooner or later. False rape accusations are a hot button issue in the SJW circlejerk sphere, and these people don't really care about context or narrative reasons. Anyone remembers the time when She Who Should Not Be Named made an entire video about how Hitman was a game about killing women and hiding them in fridges, and only that? Or people making serious videos about how discriminative it was that they couldn't see Batman's butt in the Arkham games? Or how a game set in historical Bohemia was racist because it had no major population of black and asian people walking on the streets? The "culture war" these people are waging seems to supersede such trifling things as context, logic or common sense.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  18. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    There's not much established motivation for them to hold a grudge against him; they're just mean because someone at some point was mean to the author, and this is his way of working through those feelings. There's no depth to any of Shield Hero's supporting cast, because they have no emotional interiority—they only exist insofar as they react to the Shield Hero, and since this is a vengeful power fantasy, their reactions to him are at all times nonsensically negative

Sorry, I beg to differ. Shield Hero is no Guin Saga.
    You can't expect everyone to like what you like.
    The world doesn't work like that.
    Also, I hate to break it to you but Shield Hero and most novels on here fall under the category of trashy novels. It's not an insult. It's the goal. That's why they are called light novels. Hold them under enough scrutiny and they fall under their own feet.
    In summary, grow up. The media isn't bashing your beloved story just because you found one website.
    The media doesn't give a crap about your story.
    You seem no different from those SJWs you are disparaging...pathetic

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Kutaifa likes this.
  19. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    Arent there actual false rape accusations in real life? although rare but some did weaponize it.

20. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it only false rape accusations??
    Where is slavery, forcing underage to work?? Not to mentioned d*ckhead weilding d*ckspear pointing at female (that is sexual harassment)