Discussion Danmei Room

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by makenai89, Dec 13, 2015.

1. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The spoiler thread: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/how-to-say-i-love-you.55006/
    It's Entertainment circle type of story. MC is a budding talented actor who kept being misunderstood having bad attitude when he's actually just a pure meng child. ML is a retired Film Emperor who is secretly gay and one of the people who misunderstood the MC, that is...until he got into an accident with a UFO but got miraculously healed and gained a mind/heart reading ability.

Arexio and readerz like this.
  2. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounfs like the Model Arc of Fotd (exept the Alien part ..)

readerz likes this.
  3. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, they didn't mean "transmigration as/into a child" but "transmigration into a body with child". So what they meant is, transmigrated into a mpregnant body or body who is a father/mother of a child.

Except this MC is really pure instead of playing pure as in FoTD.

Ryss and readerz like this.
  4. ASplashOfMusic

ASplashOfMusic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also interested in finding out which novel this is.

5. Xyerose

Xyerose Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, shameless-self advertising, but I just published a danmei novel of my own. It's xianxia, called "A Touch of Irony" on webnovels website. If you don't mind reading original novels, please check it out~!

Here's the summary:

The King of Spirits is a spirit that stands above all others, reigning the Spirit Realm. However, similar to his subjects, he retains no corporeal body. Growing tired of his immortal role, he descends to Earth, and begins to possess human bodies to satiate his everlasting boredom.

With the interest of making a name for himself in the cultivation world by vanquishing the King, Xu Jiyu, a weak yet determined cultivator, sets off on an adventure to defeat the King despite his lack of powerful spiritual roots.

...But the King was not what everyone had expected at all!

King: "Xu Jiyu, why do females and males hold hands?"

Xu Jiyu: "Well, it's to show their love and affection for each other!"

King: *seriously clasps Xu Jiyu's hands in his own*

Xu Jiyu: "........?!"

Rating: R18 ;)

Nyann, ignition-one and Ryss like this.
  6. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Shameless advertising too, this new website is a place you can upload originals (www.scribblehub.com). It's rather new since it started a week ago, but you're gonna be seeing it a lot sooner or later considering who started the site... :blobpeek:

Nyann, ignition-one and Xyerose like this.
  7. aldehyde_chan

aldehyde_chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I look forward to reading it

Xyerose likes this.
  8. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH ANYONE LISTENED TO GDC AUDIO? THE WANGXIAN DUET JUST KILLED ME :blobnosebleed::blobdead:

Xyerose likes this.
  9. sakurahime

sakurahime Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's this novel 不科学唯物主义秘密档案 (Huangli Shi 黄历师)
    It's translated here https:// klbloodx.tumblr. com/tagged/huanglishi
    Can someone put it on novel updates?

Xyerose and K.san like this.
  10. Nolkeg

Nolkeg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Greeting fellow fujoshis.
    Apart from Quickly wear the face of the devil, Kill the light and True star, I found it difficult to stomach many BL and Yaoi novels on NUP.
    Reason?
    -Too cold for my liking. I understand that's because of chinese censor law. Still, I need the SEX SCENEssss and PENETRATIONsss.
    (doesn't mean I like erotica that only contain sex though)
    -The couple dynamic gives mostly the same feel, cold gong, naive sho or at least one of them have to be cold. I'll never understand why.
    -A lot of same plot, specifically, the transmigration and reincarnation plot. Those plots take about 60% - 70% of the BL novels here in its tag.
    -I personally 'hate' the typical scum gong, they are too abusive to my liking.
    I'm hoping for a recommendation that does not fell in the catagory of the above reasons please.

mereumsama likes this.
  11. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood it seems that Chinese people love the cold type. I can't find any with not any one cold but maybe you can read the following which are being translated:
    1. The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love
    This one has lots of sex and a plot but unfortunately the gong and shou both are cold type for different reasons. This is completed in NU
    2. Transmigrating into a Mob Character to Rehabilitate the Villain Plan
    I love this as well and has many hot scenes with good plot of romance. Though gong is the cold type but is a bit of tsundere. This is also completely translated.
    3. Thrive in Catastrophe
    This one also has sex scenes and very good plot. But the gong is very cold. Though I really like the shou (MC)
    4. One Useless Rebirth
    This one has both shou and gong being funny while the gong acts cold to most people but isn't. This is very romantic and nice but unfortunately I don't think there is any hot scenes.
    Hopefully you haven't checked them out yet will be your liking. unless you want to MTL.....

mereumsama likes this.
  12. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Starting on a tomb raider-like story and it’s my first time reading this kind of genre, but apparently it was quite a popular trope? What’s so special about grave digging?? And so much background knowledge on Fengshui is needed for the novel I’ve been googling non-stop to understand the first chapter..

The novel is called 盗墓之祭品 (Dao mu zhi ji pin) for anyone who’s interested. Would appreciate any info on tombs (??) to make the reading experience easier :blobwoah:

Mnemosyne likes this.
  13. Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tomb raider?o_O That looks interesting. More info would be very appreciated:cookie:
    Is it bl? Is someone translating it?
    And I should probably start getting some information about this Fengshui...

14. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe try reading/watching Grave Robbers' Chronicles (Daomu Biji) for reference? It's a super popular story about grave robbing. It's not BL but has a huge fanbase shipping the main leads.

baka8roukanako and K.san like this.
  15. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it's BL. No I don't think anyone is translating it? And the Fengshui part really can get confusing.

Stealing the summary from Baike heh

Volume 1: Ancient Tomb’s Sacrificial Offering

Chen Yu accompanied his classmate to Yunnan for an archaeology attachment, then met Feng Han who had an unknown background in an ancient tomb and became his sacrificial offering. In order to find the key to the Azure Dragon ring around his neck, he had to go against his father’s wishes and step onto the path of becoming a grave robber……

Volume 2: Ghost City in the Desert

Chen Yu and Feng Han travelled to a desert, and the guy clothed in black they saw on the wall murals of the Ghost City was actually one of Feng Han’s old acquaintances. They encountered an illusion in the castle and sunk into the ancient city of the desert. What exactly happened a thousand years ago?

Volume 3: Deep Sea Fog

Under the command of Feng Han’s subordinate, Chen Yu and gang moved towards the island where the legends say Qin Shihuang (the first emperor) had refined a pill of immortality. At the depths of the sea, Chen Yu met his father, and the truth of his birth began to surface. On the sacrificial altar, the man in black appeared again, could Feng Han interrogate the truth out of him this time?

I've never read the novel so the summary might be inaccurate though... Chinese has a way of being ambiguous with their words............ but on the upside it looks interesting :aww: somehow Fengshui ties in with all this cuz MC comes from a family that practices the art of Fengshui

@saekicchi oo thx for the heads up :blobsmilehappyeyes: I didn't even know grave robbing was a thing

Mnemosyne and saekicchi like this.
  16. kotoni

kotoni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fengshui is an integral part of Chinese mysticism, so it's only natural that it would be found in stories about grave-robbing. The MC being from a family of Fengshui masters makes him qualified to be a grave-raider; it isnt the reason why there is Fengshui in the story. XD

Zryuu and Mnemosyne like this.
  17. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    But the ending.... orz

K.san likes this.
  18. cinnamimi

cinnamimi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know the name of this novel? all i can remember is that its a world hopping novel and there is an apocalypse arc where the mc is a zookeeper, and when the apocalypse starts the monkey he was in charge of follows him and has a space... he also lives in a secluded forest(?) with a bunch of mutated zombie animals

19. ignition-one

ignition-one Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just tried adding it. I'm waiting for approval now. :)

sakurahime likes this.
  20. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    *door creaks*:blobpeek:
    Hello~ anyone here?
    I am here for some shameless advertising. Did you read The Earth Is Online? I made a fanart of mosaic girl the next day I started reading it...

Sorry if I distorted you imagination instead:notlikeblob: I have one more version of imagination for her...