Discussion Is Second Coming of Avarice good?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Hoshiandme, Jan 14, 2019.

Tags:
?

Is Second Coming of Avarice good?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. FUCK YEA

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  1. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    HELLO!
    I finished reading The Novel’s Extra and wanted something similar. And saw the overwhelming amount of reccomendatjons to read Second Coming of Avarice after The Novel’s Extra.
    And it does seem good?
    But. I keep feeling this “I don’t want to read” feeling from it.
    I don’t know why. So could someone possibly tell me all the good about the novel?
    And also. This may or may not be the reason for my disinterest in the novel. But I see the harem tag... Is the harem overly focused and one dimensional or not?

The Harem tag kind of turns me off from this novel. Because if you add in a harem. The whole novels premise sounds like one of those damned generic isekai’s which I kinda don’t want to read about.
    I despise such novels st the moment.

2. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes...but not as good as i shall seal the heavens

and so far, there's barely any romance if any.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Its really well written. There's actual character development and struggles. Harem elements haven't really shown up much yet and It probably won't really effect the story much. It's not generic and avoids cliches. personally I like it more than TNE

4. tyes77

tyes77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I seem to be one of the few who actually think ISSTH is bad. Avarice is a step above it imo

5. TheUnbreakablePlotArmor

TheUnbreakablePlotArmor Mt.Tai cannot see me, as you cannot see Mt.tai

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t completed ISSTH because I have a habit of “stocking up” chapters and eventually never reading them again. I honestly wish I could read something like the alchemy arc again because I loved that part the most.

Wujigege, Hoshiandme and Ophious like this.
  6. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's better than most in character development...

His advantage/power is also quite unique and not so OP, it requires him to think a lot to solve some issues.. unlike The Novel's Extra and other regressor/reincarnator whose knowledge is too much of a cheat..

mytus123, Hoshiandme and Raison D like this.
  7. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...first off, I am a harem hater just like you but currently there is no romance in the story. I guess the harem tag is there to tell you that there are multiple females who are interested in our protagonist but none of them have entered our MC's eyes. Except his ex-gf but he has acknowledged that their relationship has deteriorated into something not salvageable.

Secondly, just like what has been told by those above me, this has a very great character development compared to other novels in the same genre.

Third, the mc didn't fully regressed (going back in time), only his feeling of regret and some memories so that doesn't make him too OP and he also doesn't know everything about the events in advance.

It's a really great and engaging read. Try it.

The loner, Raison D and Cosmic_ like this.
  8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    It's quite good to read, also so far there's no harem on the current translated chapters

9. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link

Hmm. What is his actual power?

10. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    HMM. Ok. ! I like your points. It makes me want to read it!

11. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    His eyes are indicators. He can use his ability to look at stuff and see factors related to it
    Example
    Red-Danger
    Yellow-Caution required
    Gold-Oppertunity
    Thats just a few. He hasn't fully unlocked all of the capabilities yet too. Plus he can't use it overly too much

12. Rheela

Rheela Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like ro recommend that to you, too. The slow translation speed is a downer tho. At least its free :)

13. mytus123

mytus123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't compare it with TNE (I didn't read it), but I can recommend this one for sure, I always had this kind of feeling like all game related novels r 'trash', well I though that there is nothing which could make me interested in (based on two which I tried to read, apparently not good ones)... but man, this one showed me that I couldn't be more wrong... this novel is rly big surprise for me.

As for:
    I recommend you to check chapters with word counter, then you will understand reason for slow release rate... ofc I would be more than happy with more chapters, but srsly the characters per chapter are often more than twice of average/long chapters of other novels... and I don't rly want them cut in half only to deliver fake double release like most novels/TL'ers do nowadays.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019