Resolved Did the Devourer of Destiny is taken down fron Royalroadl?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ikan, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSED

LordSED Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is heartbreaking. When I first found out about the novel some months ago I remember I searched for the novel's group discord (it was in one of the comments and not on the description or such where it would have been easier to find). I've been in the community for around 4 years, I've only been a lurker. That was the first time ever I read an original work that made me go: "I need to support this person". I logged into discord and wrote him this chunk of text of how impressive I found his novel, how amazing his style of writing was, how he set a standard in my mind of what originals should aim for quality-wise and most importantly to please keep going.

Just recently I wanted to get back into reading it after being busy with work and then I find everything purged out. I even created this NU account to participate in this thread and find clues.

If there is any way to communicate to LowerTierDragon, please tell him SED from Discord sends his regards and to take care and that there will always be people supporting him. I am sorry I was away from the community during all of this, I would have loved to talk to him more.

EDIT: It really was a good story. Editing text because I don't think I've repeated it enough.

2. Har D Rai

Har D Rai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Excellent story if any1 can contact LTD ease tell him , his fans will read his work wherever he will take it.

3. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Doubtful. https://twitter.com/lowertierdragon/status/1084100917765451777

Please don’t speak nonsense without checking the facts. I don’t think you have ever spoken with LTD even once.

Just replying to you all so you can see this.

Blitz, checkm8, Westeller and 4 others like this.
  4. Har D Rai

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Ikan

Ikan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a dragon although a low tiered one.. but dragon nonetheless. Dragon is basically a flying fire breathing lizard. lizard is reptile which is characteristic by having cold blood.

6. Har D Rai

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for enlightening me my friend now I know why he is both figuratively and literally cold blooded!!

Ikan likes this.
  7. Ikan

Ikan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you open his twitter profile, he even said that his chilling by the river. u know what kind of animal love to chill by the river? a cold blooded one.

8. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know about that. If he was, he wouldn’t have taken the time to dismiss the rumour this other guy started. Nor would he release the whole novel for people to read and do whatever. I think he was just tired. I think writing about psychopaths can be very taxing. Maybe that is one of the reasons why he stopped. But either way, what is done is done...

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Har D Rai

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn bro you should be a human behaviour analyist working for illumanati!!!

10. Ikan

Ikan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but what if, he is a psychopath and just using writing as a method to release his desire??

11. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, can someone reupload the novel to Royal Road? i can read it in aggregators but i feel bad while doing it

12. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any difference? You are still reading from the thief anyway.

13. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when the author grants permission to use the novel for any nonprofit use it removes the "theft". The author's Twitter feed was pretty clear that he allows the use of the fiction and even provides a link to the document.

Perhaps someone will continue the novel similar to Mythran's Master of All on RR
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/8220/mythrans-master-of-all-continued-completed

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Gin_Hindew likes this.
  14. lamb

lamb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. kanadaj

kanadaj Royal Road Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Royal Road is a massive website with an extremely limited staff. It's virtually impossible for us to moderate anything without the readers and authors helping us to flag stuff for moderation.

For a perspective of the scale, we have over 2 million comments and it increases by thousands every day.

Based on the author's Twitter, it's not about (or at least not just about) toxicity: https://twitter.com/lowertierdragon/status/1084100917765451777

We have to draw the lines somewhere, the only hard question is where we do so. With regards to Ero Dungeon as well as Lord Joyce's case, we've been working on clearing up the rules a bit and working out a proper process for our content moderation policies; it's just hard making progress due to how understaffed we are.

Gin_Hindew and Vintearis like this.
  16. kanadaj

kanadaj Royal Road Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
  17. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what has WN done to originals that aren't contracted?

18. mudslap

mudslap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there no way to convert the json to epub? I can never be able to stand reading while there's codes between words. Any way to get rid of the codes?

19. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are several JSON to ePub converters. A google search should give you some options.

Note: I haven't used any of them so I can't speak of how well they work.

20. mudslap

mudslap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have already done that. That's why I to ask here instead. I have tried the online converter sites, github sites stuff that's consists on command prompts execution which I ended up being way too confused over...

In the end, I can't get it into epub. Only to have it in html instead before and enduring lesser codings into an epub file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.